1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Guns and personal protection

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by goldie34, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldie34

goldie34 Just your friendly neighborhood golden man

So this thread is for gun tips , gun building, all personal protection... Ban together keep each other safe..

2. idgaf

idgaf Trusted Member

No gun yet (discussed in previous thread) but I will be getting a Glock, probably in 45. Until then, I'll carry around my kershaw where/if I can.

3. goldie34

I figured with the increase in talk.. Not to mention the increase in buying everywhere.. It would be a good time to start this thread

4. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

check the grip on the glock 45. It is a very wide grip. I have large hands and it feels like I'm grabbing a 2x4. The standard grip fits me better.

5. idgaf

idgaf Trusted Member

I'll be sure to do so, thanks.

6. goldie34

You can get some really nice used guns cheap at shops... Just gotta look around

7. idgaf

idgaf Trusted Member

What are the pitfalls of buying used? Anything to look for in particular when looking at a used gun?

8. goldie34

Good question.. I never have I do know people that have so I can ask and iam sure you will get reply here

idgaf likes this.
  9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I don't know everything about getting a used gun but I would first check the barrel for excessive wear or pitting. On autos several of the springs tend to break after long use, this is hard to spot so getting spare springs is a good idea. Check the firing pin to see if it is deformed or bent. Field strip the gun and look at the interior, make sure its clean and well lubed. Make sure the actions works smoothly and check for wear along the slide. Be sure the trigger pull is to your liking. I'm sure others can give you more things to look for.

UpNorthChris and goldie34 like this.
  10. mslovers

mslovers Trusted Member

The best home defense is a 12 ga pump action shotgun. You don't have to be accurate, it will instantly stop any threat no matter where you hit them, and the pellets will not go through multiple walls so you don't have to worry about collateral damage. As for a personal CCW. Just get something small, that fits you well, and train, train, train with it.

11. Granpa69

Granpa69 Member

Would you live in an isolated area with no surveillance cameras, no guns of any type?

A Federal Judge and her husband found out the hard way. They were the victim of a home invasion. Crooks threw the husband down the stairs causing severe injury, the Judge made her escape and ran a mile through the woods to a neighbor to call 911. How long do you suppose it took the cops to get there?

You would think a Federal Judge and a high powered Lawyer would have better protection as opposed to none. Being isolated like that they must have felt no one would bother them. Guess what, Sherlock?

Their problem, like many others, probably thought "gee that will never happen to us".

I have 6 surveillance cameras outside and inside my house, as well as an excellent "entry stopper".

If you don't protect yourself, then don't try and blame anyone else.

12. goldie34

I couldn't agree more.. Pure stupidity

Wafflestomper likes this.
  13. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

14. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

Shotgun under the bed.
    Walther PPK in my purse.
    Yeah, every girl has her James Bond moment

toy

Zarp and (deleted member) like this.
  15. texasj65

16. goldie34

How many of you carry something on you.. Gun knife baton... Mase something for personal protection

17. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

Never leave home without it

toy

18. goldie34

With out what aa gun?

19. texasj65

Is there a question?
    2016-02-23 12.00.16.jpg

goldie34 likes this.