1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Eswatini is a very weird country....

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by OrcKid, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrcKid

OrcKid Trusted.Member

I wonder how many have even heard of the bizarre situaton in Eswatini, until recently known as Swaziland, and their king especially. Not only has there been revolts recently as he's been using public money frivolously while the population is starving.... did you know he has 15 wives and an unknown amount of children? According to some, it's just 25 while others state it's over a hundred, possibly because the former only count his children with his wives. I find it weird and a bit fascinating that this practice still exists anywhere in the world.

I know it was common with the old tribal kings in several parts of Africa over 50 years ago, but Eswatini is pretty much the only country that still allows it to any great extent, especially for the king himself as opposed to in some remote, undeveloped parts of the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mswati_III

AnonymousB2022 and Dane like this.
  2. JohnMenson

JohnMenson Trusted.Member

Bro became king just to play with the babygirls

Dane likes this.
  3. JohnMenson

JohnMenson Trusted.Member

I just read part of the wiki, The government votes on two girls to become his wife? I guess that's cool if you want the bloodline continuing, but bruh

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

For those who don't know where Eswatini is in the world;

est2.jpg est.jpg

AnonymousB2022 and JohnMenson like this.
  5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Am I the only one questioning why there is a whole nation that is a circle in the middle of SOUTH AFRICA?!

6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

And it's only 80 miles E/W (129 km) and 110 miles N/S (177 km).

eswatini-map.gif

AnonymousB2022 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.