1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

I think it is more like: "Do humans have any influence in the change of the climate?"

Example:

"No matter if the hunter decides to shoot or not shoot the deer .... the deer WILL die some day."

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Do I believe that global warming is happening? Yes, I do! I just don't believe that man and/or woman are the ONLY cause. There are other natural events that are happening concurrently to make it so.

EggHead and whitecoffee1 like this.
  3. bdavis7878

bdavis7878 Trusted Member

It's not really about believe vs not believe. A better question is does one understand climate change. The data all points to human driven climate change.

4. whitecoffee1

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Maybe, but probably not.
    I'm sure all the factories in China are spewing things into the atmosphere that they shouldn't, but one
    has to realize two things on that.
    I was taught this in school, and have read an article on it by a certified climatologist last year.

1) Regarding smoke or smoke stack output: If you can see it, it's generally not harmful or a concern.
    ------ Most of what you see is either carbon or water vaper. Carbon is heavy and it all falls back down to the earth.
    (thick diesel bus exhaust). Water vapor part just adds minutely to the local clouding. Really too small to measure.

His opinion was that what we all know, "carbon footprinting" is just another way for governments to tax.

2) The amount of harmful chemicals although very small, could be very well accelerating the natural change
    that is occurring. His response was that even if we are accelerating the change, It's definitely less than 100
    years of difference to the cycle of earth's warming and cooling effect. A tiny iota of time when compared to
    the geological timeframe.

EggHead and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

See my post above.

7. whitecoffee1

I think the problem is more about what we can't see. (example: CO2/CH4). Of course plants need CO2, but all plants combined can only take a certain amount. The rest stays in the Atmosphere.

Do you know/remember where to get the full article?

8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Isn't that what I said?
    No I don't. It was over a year ago.

9. whitecoffee1

You were talking about Carbon (C) , I was talking about Carbon dioxide (CO2). There's a difference between them.

Carbon is solid at atmospheric temperature. It sublimates at 3642 °C, 6588 °F (Source: Wikipedia)

Carbon dioxide is a gas at atmospheric temperature. This is what you get, when you burn organic materials. All organic matter contain carbon.

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Exactly as I stated. What you see, Carbon, falls back to the earth (and other heavy elements in exhaust) while
    CO2 is invisible above 87.5* F. So it is invisible when emitted from a heated exhaust source from combustion.
    But one has to remember, that CO2 is heavier than Oxygen, Hydrogen, Argon,
    ( the 3 main gases of our atmosphere) , so when it is heated by exhaust or smokestack, it reaches the upper atmosphere,
    but will eventually fall back down to earth and be absorbed. Mainly by the oceans, then plants, etc.

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

One thing I would like to add about my prior post is where the controversy is in regard of whether
    Global Warming is man made or not.

The Alarmist claim that the Earth is warming because of the tons of CO2 being emitted into the
    atmosphere by factories and cars. No argument there, it is much more than what is emitted
    naturally by the earth and inhabitants.

The division lies in the question, "How long does the emitted CO2 stay in the upper atmosphere
    and is it long enough to affect the natural cooling effect that all the other gasses have on the Earth's
    atmosphere.
    CO2 stops the reflective light from the Earth (I can't remember if it's the long or short wave)
    that the other gasses allow to pass. A certain amount of CO2 in the air is required to keep the Earth
    from becoming a giant freezer.

Think Mars. Temps range from -80 F at the equator to -195 F from day to night. The temp differences on
    Earth would be as extreme, but at a higher temp (still below or at freezing) because of our denser
    atmosphere.

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  12. rida99

rida99 Trusted Member

If only they would transition to gelogical carbon sequestration... same technology different application in the same existing using slightly re-worked wells.

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

When it comes to emissions, in my opinion methane is much bigger problem than CO2. And what's worse, we have created big reactors for methane, aka landfills. More waste you make, much more methane is let out into athmosphere.

Good thing is that, we have technology to harvest that methane. Sure, it requires big amounts of resources to make the change... But cars and trucks can run with methane. No need to make big or expensive changes. Hell, even Elon Musk is using methane to run his Starship and is using methane because you can make methane from CO2. Mars athmosphere is mostly CO2.

I read or heard somewhere that if the levels of CO2 drops too low, plant life stops photosynthesizing and that would be end of all of oxygen using life. So CO2 is most necessary for us.

We need to, not only recycle or produce less waste, also we need to start recycling our carbon emissions. Atleast that way we are not adding up to emissions anymore.

Downer is that as long as we let it, climate change is going to be part of politics. And todays politics is pretty much about where tax money is funneled... In whims and influence of politicians.

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  14. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

Yes Dane211, you are on the right track with this. I'm personally involved with the Financial Markets, and have to do a ton of research to sort out facts from fiction.

On my research I have discovered many things that make this World turn. I think it was Abraham Lincoln that said "Truth is stranger than fiction". I have researched the facts & BS that goes along with Climate Change (CC). When you get down to the nuts & bolts of what we are actually experiencing in this World right now, was all drawn up in the early 1700's. If that is so, you deduce that there is a "plan". Once you know the "plan" you know the course of where this World is headed to. You will not be surprised by the movements & events in the World as it is. You might not know exactly when they will happen, rather keep it in front of one's mind that they are happening. Sooner or later, they will happen. Understanding what happens next, you need to understand the "Agenda" that they have for this World. It is one continuous loop that feeds into itself. The Agenda has picked up steam & grown some balls....LOL! That since 2012, was the process of the "beginning of the end".

There is a good book that you can download for free titled "Report from Iron Mountain ". How Report from Iron Mountain came to be, the Elite had a think tank of the top minds of the day to discuss about World issues. One of the members of the think tank could not live with himself if he went to the grave, without releasing the results of the think tank, which happened in the mid-sixties. He wrote out his thoughts and released it, which eventually made it out to the public in the form of a small book.

What you see happening today as a result of CC, was all written in the book. Just reading the Report from Iron Mountain is a good place to start, as it is one piece of a much bigger jigsaw puzzle. It is intentionally designed that way.

Yes CC exists, yes CC is a natural phenomena that doesn't need Man's intervention in any way shape or form. CC is a "Cycle" in the bigger scheme of things. When you understand cycles, it is perfectly normal.

I'm not a "conspiracy theorist". I just look at facts and numbers. When you drill down to how the word "conspiracy theorist" came into vogue, you will be surprised.

Thanks for reading my post. :)

15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I thought that report was mainly why governments have to wage war in order to excite and continue
    an on-going economy.

I'll get it and read it. Thanks for the insight.

Brutus58 and LuckyDuck like this.
  16. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

Not a problem. Trust you enjoy it and can see what it is communicating. Once you read it, you will see why the series of film "The Hunger Games" was created for example. There is more than meets the eye.

Incidentally, I took my wife to see the first film of The Hunger Games at the Flix. Within the first 5 minutes of watching the film, I wanted to run from it. I knew what the film was about. Because I had taken the wife on a date, I couldn't verily leave her by herself there. I sat under sufferance and haven't seen the rest in the series.

17. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

The actual original document essentially just confirms this -
    [​IMG]

It's the Foreword that tells a tale :
    • It was written after the fact, by someone called Leonard Lewin.
    • It is included with the book and all of the downloads.
    • Rather than being a normal promotional summary, it is an attack on the contents of the rest of the book - essentially all the reasons why the book's argument is false, and you shouldn't believe it, and you shouldn't have purchased the book in the first place.
    Sounds strange for a foreword, until you connect the dots.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  18. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

Like anything that is truthful & against the agenda, it is manipulated until it is not credible anymore. Also I don't know what copies are there out in the web to the book Report from Iron Mountain, & how many have been manipulated from the original for it to become not credible?

What stuck out to me in the reading the version of the book, was the ways of enslaving Man to the NWO. Not the war rhetoric. War is a distraction & noise. A lot of books that deal with truth, you have to read inbetween the lines. Some are encrypted for a purpose.

Dane, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  19. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

So true - and the deception has become so predictable - in this case, I have no way of knowing if the text of the 'original' had been altered, but one read of the foreword served well to enhance the credibility of the rest of it right away.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Brutus58 and LuckyDuck like this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I guess in some way it's like the Bilderberg group although the Bilderberg group doesn't meet in secret.
    Though we may not know what transpired for real in their meeting either.

LuckyDuck likes this.