1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do any liberals here regret voting for Biden?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by fapfap, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbojones

jimbojones Account Deleted

We Have BOJO the Clown in the UK and he is terrible and most likely SOLD to China like all these Politicians :(

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

3. Neophyte

4. Eugen

Eugen Trusted.Member

I regret that they chose a pensioner, but we need a young adequate president. Shame on the USA!

5. UriF

UriF Trusted Member

6. Kaa

Kaa New Member

Hell no. I can't think of a single thing he's done badly that wasn't inherited from Trump's disaster train.

Republicans put another Eisenhower on the ballot, and I'm there. Until then, get fucked, party of Trump, McConnell, and the treason caucus.

lurkorn likes this.
  7. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Tim Pool is a 35 year old with no formal education. He is a "Citizen Journalist". Did he quote actual economists? Or did he observe on that video prices are higher?

8. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

So you think Biden handled pulling out of Afghanistan the exact same way as Trump would have? Or do you think Trump may have demanded the safe passage of US troops, allies, and those who aided them in the country, to an airport where they would leave the county, and then backed it up?

Or how about one of the first acts Biden did was ending the peace treaties that Trump brokered, was that good? Were those peace treaties a part of the "disaster train"?

itshot and TriadSibling like this.
  9. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Let's not forget the reversal of border-related decisions which led to a spike in illegal immigration, which under the Biden administration caused those people to be held in higher numbers than Trump's administration ever had.

itshot, Dane and Dracoa like this.
  10. Neophyte

Tim Pool does site sources for his information and you can go to a grocery store, gas station, or restaurant and see for your self.

Dane likes this.
  11. buffyfan

And the explaination for why prices go up no matter what?

If he quotes sources I will have to check him out. But youtube people make me go right to "unnamed sources totally told me......." as an assumption.

itshot and Dane like this.
  12. Neophyte

Tim Pool always complains about MSM un-named sources and will do his best not to use un-named sources. He often will say if something has not been properly verified as such and warns people to go check for themselves. He use to be Leftwing but over the years of reporting the news he has shifted to the Center and agrees a lot with the Right but he keeps hold of some Leftwing social programs. He is more Libertarian he says but a little L not a big one. He is reluctant to join the Republicans but is disgusted with being with the Democrats.

Dane and TriadSibling like this.
  13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree with both of you. Neo is right in the fact all one has to do is go to the grocery store. I've seen the "Official" Inflation
    number, 5%, but at the local level, it is much higher.
    93/7 ground beef one year ago, $4.26, now, $5.67, a 33% increase.
    Canned vegies, green beans $.56 last year, now $.76, a 36% increase. etc.

buffyfan is right too, this is a perfect example of 'Supply and Demand' brought on by the Covid shutdown crap.

It is not the "fault" of either Trump or Biden.

It would've happened no matter who got in office.

All based on corporate greed. Instead of a profit reduction (not a loss, just less profit) the companies blame
    higher wages, delivery prices etc., so as to keep the stockholders happy and pass every increase onto the consumer.

14. buffyfan

In addition? They fire people or cut hours if the "Wall Street Estimates" will be missed. Because if the stock is downgraded? The Upper Management lose net worth in their stock and options. And I mean Wall Street Estimates as in "We are downgrading you because you ONLY grew 4.2% and we EXPECTED it to be 4.6%!".

Best example? Everyone remember "5 dollar gas" about 10 years ago? Shippers raised "fuel surcharge", companies due to the extra cost raised their prices. Then when it fell? Fuel Surcharge fell (they are usually contractual maxes based on price of fuel) but the COMPANIES? Just pulled the "Because of raised shipping......" stickers and left the prices at the higher level. They are not altruistic and will not lower prices because costs fell. They will pocket the difference and claim there is a magical "thing no one sees" that kept costs up. Never able to name it though.

Dane likes this.
  15. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Inflation is definitely here. I bought gas yesterday for $4.599.

16. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

That's even worse than here.

Gas here $1.29/litre. So converted to USG plus exchange rate..

1.29 x 3.8 x .79 = $3.87 USD.

For comparison, gas was approx $1.05/litre in Dec 2019, as low as $0.45/litre March 2020.

It's food that will hurt people, it's through the roof inflation, and it'll get a lot worse.

Dane likes this.
  17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Whoa! It has dropped to $2.94 in Ohio and most stations give $.03 cents off if you use a membership card.
    And grocery points will net you and additional $.10 cents to $1.00 off per gallon.

State tax is part of it. CA is $.51 per gallon, OH is $.28 per gallon.

18. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

That's California, right?

19. buffyfan

Inflation is always here. For 30 years they keep gas, housing and other "High rising" items off to make it seem low.

20. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Of the $1.29 we pay per litre in Ontario, 43 cents is tax. That's per litre, so .43 x 3.8 = $1.68 tax per US gallon.

Last year when gas was approx 50 cents per liter, the tax portion was about 34 cents. So the actual price of the gas itself went from 16 cents to 86 cents or a 538% increase. That's an inflation number for the ages, granted being an anomaly caused by a pandemic.

I love playing with statistics, what would you like me to prove? :D:p

Oh, and we're all going to switch to electric cars. Last year, the combined federal and provincial governments collected 1.9 billion dollars in tax from gasoline and diesel sales. Take that revenue away and they're all bankrupt in a week. :rolleyes:

Dane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.