1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do any liberals here regret voting for Biden?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by fapfap, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smitty

Smitty Trusted.Member

Ha ha ha, welfare doesn’t do shit here in Los Angeles. Not sure about elsewhere, outside of California welfare may be enough to survive on but you would not be living well.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

In Ohio, if you know how to manipulate and use the system, you can't live the life of luxury, but you sure can
    live a "comfortable" life and even be able to stash away a bit of cash if you live frugal enough.

I have clients that get a monthly disability check, ( they absolutely can work, they just don't want to- one is even
    on SSDI because they are mildly epileptic but it is 100% controlled as long as they take their meds), get their housing
    for 30% of that check, get upwards of $240 month in SNAP benefits (food stamps), their electric is paid for
    by the state except for a $10 month co-pay, ( their places are warmer in winter and cooler in summer than mine ever are)
    Water is paid at 100% by the state and county.

They always have the cash to order take out and buy name brand liquors, top shelf stuff.

It's all a matter how manipulative and deceptive your ethics and morals mean or don't mean to you.

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  4. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

#NotMyPresident

itshot likes this.
  5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

The other leaders of the world thought Obama was a clown and were laughing behind his back. These world leaders mostly despised Trump, but they weren't laughing. Now the world leaders think Biden is a buffoon and are now laughing to his face.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  7. Neophyte

The Biden administration has passed legislation and setup procedures and a hotline so people can call in reports where they can turn in family, friends, and neighbors for talking about the wrong thoughts. The Nazi's, fascists, and communist has a similar system to turn in their family, friends, and neighbors. Congratulations on who you voted for.

Brutus58 and TriadSibling like this.
  8. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Same where I'm at. Most people on welfare need additional help just to afford housing, to say nothing of self-sufficiency.

9. Neophyte

10. Neophyte

itshot likes this.
  11. Neophyte

12. Neophyte

13. Neophyte

14. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Gas does not fall and stay. it is a commodity that is traded on the markets. Months before the month you see (worked on that trading floor in my youth). I could tell people when gas was going to rise two weeks before it did based on trading. The US POTUS has shockingly little control outside releasing the SPRs. And if we do that to drop prices it will be gone eventually.

15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I do agree to a point. POTUS can have some impact though in the long run.
    Biden shutting down the Keystone by denying the permits to the developer is and will definitely have an impact.
    Even if you take out the gas price equation of that shutdown, thousands of jobs were eliminated. And not just the
    pipeline workers, but the housing industry for those workers, the stores those workers patronized, the restaurants,
    the state in unemployment benefits, etc.

The argument I was making is that with every thing that makes us oil independent instead of dependent on the
    middle east's production (supply/demand control) should be kept at on on-going policy, not hindering it.

The USA extracts more oil than we use and the surplus is sold off. ( see following note) Why do anything to reverse that?

(yes I know we purchase oil from abroad, but we had obtained in November the level in which we sold
    more domestic oil than we purchased of foreign oil- Forbes report)

16. Neophyte

Back many years ago, I use to work in software dealing with oil industry trading, and before that I worked at a commodities firm and was friends with commodities traders that use to work exclusively in oil futures trading. Since I wrote the software I know a little bit about how the oil industry works and how prices are affected by factors like government regulations and interference. Biden and the Democrats are responsible for increased gasoline prices. Trading is responsible for short term fluctuations in pricing, but government policies are responsible for long term pricing outlook. Biden is at fault 100% for overall price increases.

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. Neophyte

18. buffyfan

Keystone was shale oil for export. Shale is not of a quality to be used for US fuel, if I remember the much more qualified chemical engineer who told me that.

Keystone was also Canadian Oil, through the US for export out of a gulf coast port.

19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

True, of which we were getting paid for. Not anymore.

20. buffyfan

It went to the international markets. American Companies (Keystone) may have gotten a cut.

I support it. But with an addition Hard Cons would balk at. Let it be built. BUT all leaks have 3 hours to be stopped and fixed within 12 hours after that. Then every 12 after that is a 15 million dollar fine. And the clean up is fully on the pipeline owner, payable immediately and no appeals.

The real problem I have with pipelines are they try to balance quality and safety against "maximize profit". And fines for screw ups are as laughable as the fines when large corps are found with illegals working there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.