1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by myeroticid, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

When you are on the extreme Left, everything looks to be the Right.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  2. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

Now, that officially published number of infected by coronavirus disease Covid19 in world gets over two million people,
    and number of dead gets over 126 000, the forecast for the next million is approximately - in two weeks...
    And there is no signs about some subsidence of that virus infection... In some countries the peak is not reached yet...
    Per example in Russia - new infections per day - 3388, and the number is increasing daily...

Source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

3. Marvo

Marvo Trusted Member

I am not afraid too much of the virus. Of course, I am cautious and follow basic hygiene, but what terrorises me is the aftermath.
    I still have no house and no car to my name at age 28 and, given how things are going, it is likely to happen very, very late in my life, hell I may die in an accident before being able to sign a fricking 25-years-long housing credit. Fuck it.

4. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. borabora

Ukraine's First Lady hospitalized by COVID-19
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-ukraine-presiden-idUKKBN23N0XW
    JUNE 16, 2020 / 10:24 AM / UPDATED 4 HOURS AGO

KYIV (Reuters) - The wife of Ukraine’s President, Olena Zelenska, was hospitalized after contracting coronavirus
    and her condition was stable, the presidential office said on Tuesday, adding a fresh test of her husband showed
    he remained negative.
    Zelenska said last week she had tested positive for coronavirus, while her husband Volodymyr Zelenskiy and their
    two children had tested negative. The President also cancelled all meetings and visits.
    “Olena Zelenska’s current diagnosis is COVID-19 - bilateral polysegmental pneumonia of moderate severity.
    (She) Does not require oxygen donation. The condition is stable,” the office said in a statement.
    It said Olena was isolated and under medical supervision. The new tests of President and children were negative.

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  6. borabora

From my last post theme -

Good news -

https://112.international/society/u...-covid-19-discharged-from-hospital-52749.html
    First lady of Ukraine Olena Zelenska recovered from the coronavirus infection and is currently discharged from the hospital as the President’s Office reported.
    “She feels good and she is happy to be with her family again. Overcoming Covid-19, Olena Zelenska needs to continue treatment for bilateral pneumonia caused by the virus, and she will receive it at home,” the message said.

But the situation in world remains bad.
    Comparing numbers of infected by corona virus COVID19 -
    when in May it took 10 days to reach a next Million infected (in World);
    in June - one week, then now, in July it takes 5 days to reach
    a next Million.
    On July 3, the number was 11 000 000 - and today, July 8 -
    already 12 000 000 infected...

Yesterday there was registered the new record infected in one country -
    in USA > 55 442 people. Total deaths in US - 133 972.
    And the COVID19 situation, in growth comparison, with daily deaths, is even worse in Brazil...

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  7. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

We need to be wary of the statistics - the media presents them in the way which best suits their story at the time.

For example, every death of a person who tests positive is counted as a COVID death, even though they may have actually succumbed to, let's say, cancer or just old age. And sure enough, people of advanced age are in a high-stat group as reported.

Yet strangely, the one time that the media does not follow that method to assign cause of death is in the case of George Floyd.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    88Plus, Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Not strange about Floyd's death, that's the norm for the main-stream-media.

Everyone who dies and tests positive for COVID-19 is then labeled a COVID-19 death.

They do the same with our DUI accident reports.

Lets say you have 4 people in your vehicle, if you are in an accident, even just a fender bender-no injuries,
    and you and 2 others have not been drinking (a 0% test result), but the 4th person, who was sitting in the
    back seat, had a couple of beers.
    Lets say they would blow a 0.03% (way below the 0.08% level which is legally drunk), that accident is
    reported as an ALCOHOL RELATED ACCIDENT to the state.

And the politicians, and our state police or state troupers, wonder why we don't trust any of them!

All accidents that has a state trouper do the report, even if it is a single car accident without any property
    damage. Let say you slid and ran off the road into a ditch and needed towed out. No damage to your
    vehicle or any property at all.
    The state trouper is REQUIRED to write you a ticket for Non-Control-of-a-Motor-Vehicle.

Nothing more than a way for the state to make you pay even more for the police services.
    Call it an "Accident Tax".

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  9. borabora

Situation with Covid-19 is still very bad, especially in Americas and India.
    Today - more than 650 000 (published) deaths in World - 150 000 from them in US.
    Nowadays, a new million infected with Covid-19 is adding in every 4 days already.
    If the deaths toll remains the same as today ( ~ 5000 per day) it makes then
    1 million deaths in world until Christmas...

JoshuaMN likes this.
  10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Yeah, hell, Happy Fucking New Year! Just "in time" for the second wave.

11. Insp Gadget

The Romans had the Greeting thing figured out long ago ! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  12. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

If I recall, another group tried that salute. I somehow don't think it would go over well, today.

13. Insp Gadget

A lot of simple common sense things don't go over well today - and it's a shame.

(I'm editing this later now, having thought about your comment some more.)

Given the current state of things in Europe, I have to wonder. I have no deep understanding or any axe to grind, but it wouldn't surprise me if more than a few people over there are starting to wonder 'what if'.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. panetor

panetor Trusted Member

At this point I'm just being respectful of peoples concerns, but personally I'm not really worried about Covid.

16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I'm sorry, but you should be. You should be very afraid.

pussycat likes this.
  17. jbernard

jbernard Trusted Member

Vaccines gonna be used to lower population

18. borabora

I should make some bitter correction in my forecast -
    the Covid19 situation in World is getting worse as I thought:

as per yesterday data > source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

in three countries more than 1000 deaths per day (including USA)
    in 12 countries more than 100 deaths per day,
    on August 11, there were Covid-19 deaths per that day in 106 countries in World.

If the same frequency of infection and caused deaths continues,
    then total 1 million deaths in whole world comes on October 1. (now 792 109)
    200 000 deaths in USA > on September 15 ( until yesterday - 176 337).

And sadly, there is no sign we could go back to what was called normal life year ago...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Jpp

Jpp Trusted Member

Been stuck home for 6 month

20. BisonSteve

BisonSteve Trusted.Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.