1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

California needs a enema.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Amanda, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Dane likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  3. lean1

lean1 New Member

That's actually pretty well made in my opinion.

4. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  5. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  6. Neophyte

7. Beardo18

Beardo18 Sharply dressed bunny.

Anyone ever heard of Wag the Dog. It’s the title of a movie and a saying now. That what is happening right now. (Only reason I’m
    willing to reply is how minor a topic California’s immigration is compared to what I use to pay attention and debate but so may heart issue I had to stop. Also I know 5 people I California, three liberals, a conservative and an apolitical. The liberals live in the part with the most immigration and all four really find much bigger issues to focus on. I’m going to mention water but energy and crime that the three in LA
    County admit it’s not the immigration that’s the problem. That is too long to explain)

Has any one ever see the video of the presidential primary in 1980 between Bush sr and Reagan in the red state of Texas (also remember Reagan was governor of California before) when both asked about immigration? If you remove the names and only use a transcript I bet everyone in this threat as well as almost everyone in congress in the GOP except oddly Kevin McCarthy (I’ll explain that) would see them on the issue of immigration to the left of Sanders. There is a valid reason for that. They were from the GI generation and alive to see the before and after a certain program we had with Mexico.

As for McCarthy. Look up yourself his quotes on illegal aliens.

I learned long ago not to go by my opinions or try logic. And saying facts will normally just upset others either by disbelief or they take it as an insult.

What is the definition of an immigrant? What is the definition of an illegal alien? And here is the reason. Why I say Wag the Dog. California mainly since this started used immigration as a distraction. Majority of crops are grown in the southern area and they have had a 22+ year drought. 2021 according to geologist has been the driest year in 500 years. That affects everything economically. You also have it in it and other states water that normally would go to people and farmers almost given to corporations including Nestle a non-American company. Farmers in some area due to important of water used for not just drinking or in home but other industrial uses have been paid before Biden to not grow crops.

If you look at that program I’m hinting at but do the reverse or a new treaty this can be temporary managed as the work on the technology the government made over a decades ago but has to go thru patents they sold off. I.E. we can’t use existing technology to solve this to preserve certain industries. Like the saltwater to not just drinking water but energy technology that has been quashed.

California is focusing on recycling water from the sewages. My home county already did that for over a decade and the UK mostly does that. Reverse Osmosis.

Now. I don’t want to be called a liberal. If it wasn’t for current health issues I’d be back on Twitter debating more important things with liberals whom my side and oddly libertarians and older reform party seem to mostly agree yet on the linear model we aren’t on the same side. Best to use the quadratic model for politics. Liberals and conservatives in this country has changed too much. Every year getting worse. I notice Ben Shapiro videos posted. Funny. Look at his interview with very conservative Andrew Neil and him calling Neil a lefty ending the interview. Shapiro later on tweeter apologized after finding out how he just when viral over that. He (Shapiro) wrote “@afneil DESTROYS Ben Shapiro! So that’s what that feels like ;) Broke my own rule, and wasn’t properly prepared. I’ve addressed every single issue he raised before; see below. Still, it’s Neil 1, Shapiro 0.”

I’m curious what non-western hemisphere members think since we censor so much of the news here. Was originally the government but the senate in the 70’s got pissed at that. Government still does but for a different reason. Mostly the what I call censorship in the news (not social media. I don’t want to get on the topic of section 230 and how it’s misunderstood for bad reasons on both sides) is a over money.

Back on topic. I’m on purpose not sharing the link to the YouTube of the debate and the name of the program (clue. It started in 1942) that affected Reagan and Bush’s outlook. The reason is it’s better than Socratic logic to change minds is allowing someone to learn for themselves. If you do look stuff up look up Wag the Dog since I feel old found that might not be a common expression.

8. Neophyte

Ronald Reagan was originally registered as a Democrat. When he married Nancy Davis, she convinced him to change parties and become a Republican. When Reagan became president, he wanted to build a wall along the southern border to deter illegal aliens from crossing. He made a deal with the Democrats that he would authorize giving amnesty to the illegal aliens already in the country, and the Democrats would support the funding to build the wall along the southern border. Amnesty was given to the illegals then the Democrats stabbed him in the back and declared since they already got the amnesty they would not fund the border wall construction. Illegal immigration in the 80's was nowhere as big a problem as it is today. More illegals are crossing the border today in one month than an entire year in the 80's. More illegals have crossed the border in the 11 months Biden has been in office than the 8 years Reagan was the governor and the 8 years Reagan was president combined. The average person is not directly affected by illegal immigration, but they are affected indirectly with higher taxes, over crowding in schools and hospitals, increased crime, loss of social services, and loss of jobs for unskilled workers.

9. leanback39

leanback39 Trusted Member

I wish to visit sometime in the near future, if they don't lock the whole world again for this new variant. Do you guys who still live there think it's worth it? It looks really bad from the outside, but I still have some hope it's not that bad.

10. Beardo18

look up the 1980 debate and also look up and explain Kevin McCarthy’s famous quote on illegal aliens.
    As for the whole wall/fence. As for democrats, Obama built most of the wall.

logically which is a bigger security issue. People crossing the southern boarder and the CBP as well as state agencies patrolling or 30% of all docks owned by foreign companies and individuals and even with the rest privatized and small government owned ones traffic is rarely monitored with less than 5% of shipping containers inspected. Literally most of illegal trafficking is made by boat.

As for illegal aliens. Most come by plane (look up the McCarty quote) When it comes to complaint on the southern border majority that complain see only a tree and are missing the forest.

11. Neophyte

You are very misinformed.

12. Beardo18

What do you say is true then. Did you actual try fact checking me or are you going by your opinion? I presented you with a few fact and the rest to help cement my view gave you the name of someone that politically you likely are aligned with today who’s quote and later fact check I’m going by and an important historic video. I just didn’t present the text of the quote nor link to the video to allow for self discovery.
    I had this over other bigger issues in the past and found my posting a video or a quote is ignored making it a waste.

If you feel I’m wrong then present why. The few facts I did present I fact checked before posting them.

13. tbank6573

tbank6573 Trusted Member

Liberals seem to think that by doing shit like this, they're being compassionate or empathetic. They aren't. Instead they misplace empathy and resources that should actually be used for better causes in order to assist these lowlifes or illegals who don't deserve it, and use the support of these people to put themselves in pedestals to be lauded as heroes or saints. This kind of behavior is disgusting, and it's way too transparent for me to even begin to fathom why it works on people.

14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

18. Neophyte

19. Neophyte