1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Assault Against the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

No, the Democrat's don't want something called a Dictatorship. They want a nation, where all the people does exactly what they are told to do, as long as the label dictatorship is not given to it. Look at their actions, not to their words.

Dane likes this.
  2. Neophyte

It seems odd that Walgreens in low crime rate areas are staying open, while Walgreens in high crime areas are closing. If they are closing for reasons other than crime, you wouldn't see that kind of correlation.

Dane likes this.
  3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Proof show otherwise though

4. Lian

Lian Friendly One

No, they want a nation without all the crap that make USA look bad all around the world

5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Well they are not going to close stores in rich areas to shore up the coroporate books. That would be bad business. And I have watched Walgreens in low crime areas in Downstate NY close, cut staff, etc recently. They are taking losses due to a Massive Federal Fine, a huge hit in many states on these opiate class action suits. Walgreens is just not a responsible company. Their failure has little to do with crime. No matter how often CNBC and Fox Business try to claim that is the issue.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Lian likes this.
  6. Neophyte

Did all of the other stores closing in the high-crime areas being sued by the government too.

7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yep, 100% true!!

They want the USA to be loved by the rest of the world because they (the Democrats) are more than willing to give away everything we produce and manufacture to other countries, basicaly free of charge plus just giving them a ton of our money.

All the while, destroying our sovereignty and economy. Always putting the citizens of the USA last, even behind the illegal immigrants, and behind the citizens of our enemies.

8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Again with the Rep propaganda. Democrats want USA to be PART of the world, and not the tyrant it some times turns out to be. Like with Trump, when he BULLIED Canada. Canada, an ALLY.

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Funny you claim the USA is not wanting to be "Part of the world" when Canada doesn't give anything "to the world" in their carbon production tax.

The USA (that is, Biden spending our money) is giving almost $12 Billion a year to other countries to combat climate change.

Sept 21 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden told the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday to double funds by 2024 to $11.4 billion per year to help developing nations deal with climate change.

But Canada, spends $5 Billion a year that they receive from their corporations paid carbon tax BACK to families in the way of tax refunds based upon household size.
    $0 goes outside of Canada.

For a family of four, total annual CAI payments for 2022-23 will be as follows:
    Family Member Ontario Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta
    First adult
    $373 $416 $550 $539
    Second adult $186 $208 $275 $270
    First child $93 $104 $138 $135
    Second child $93 $104 $138 $135
    Total $745 $832 $1,101 $1,079

And;

Under the federal carbon pollution pricing system, the government applies a price on pollution in jurisdictions that do not have their own systems that meet the federal benchmark – specifically Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.

The Government of Canada does not keep any direct proceeds from pollution pricing. All direct proceeds are returned to the province or territory of origin in the following way:

• For those jurisdictions that have voluntarily adopted the federal system, direct proceeds are returned to the governments of those jurisdictions.
    [​IMG]

Yep, being "Part of the world" there aren't you?

10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

What is the population of Canada vs USA?
    How much money does USA make yearly compared to Canada?
    Oh, you forget that USA pollute WAY more than Canada.
    You use number, but you didnt even think about proportion.
    Bravo.
    So if you cannot see how wrong that answer of yours was, I am truly sad for you and your country.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  11. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

Ok, then which "goofy laws they try to pass which takes control of more and more of our lives" are you referring to?

Lian likes this.
  12. Dannykinz

Dannykinz Moderator Staff Member

Please do not fight or bicker amongst yourselves. This warning includes mods too. If either of you continue this debacle I will delete all posts being made.

13. Dannykinz

Dannykinz Moderator Staff Member

We must remain civil and act our ages. If no one in this thread can it will not be tolerated. All opinions are different and not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. It’s important to be mindful of that. This warning includes mods too. If you end up arguing or bickering I will delete it Or do something about it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  14. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Corporate is being sued. Not stores. Because there is no differentiation between store and corporate. Walgreens is not a "Franchise Model". One store screws up? Corporate gets sued. Because Walgreens = Corporate = Walgreens. Walgreens does not sell "franchises". Corporate owns them all. So a store in CA or NY or TX and their actions can have huge impact on the Mobile AL store. Because all stores are owned by the same company. Walgreens is not "independent pharmacies". In fact? They buy out smaller pharmacies and make them Corporate Owned Walgreens stores.

Lian likes this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The population, nor the GDP is not in question here.
    The fact is the USA GIVES other countries $12 Billion a year.
    Canada gives $0 to other countries because it returns all the money it takes in from Carbon Tax back TO ITS OWN CITIZENS.

I feel sorry you can't see the difference.

16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Dannykinz, If I may...

We here in this forum reads like we are in a fight.
    We are just passing back and forth our normal conversation.

I like @Lian, and I do read with respect her posts.
    We have an understanding here that neither one of us is actually going to change the other's mind.

We have fun with the banter. If you notice, we do not call each other names. Our disagreements are always done with a flair of "Well, I'm right and you're not" type of exchange.
    It is the way we have fun in the Political Forum.

Please feel free to "Chime In".

17. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Nope, they dont.
    The money goes in things to fight pollution, not to the citizens. And we dont pollute as much as USA, by the way.
    Also, where did you take that, that USA gives money? I really want to read that.

18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

See here, Reuters
    https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ange-aid-developing-nations-biden-2021-09-21/

"President Biden’s commitment to scaling up international climate finance to $11.4 billion per year by 2024 is a welcome and much-needed sign that the United States is finally taking its global climate responsibilities seriously," said Rachel Cleetus, policy director at the Union of Concerned Scientists.

19. Lian

Lian Friendly One

They do not give the money to other countries, they invest in researches, no?

20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The money given to other countries are supposed to be used for production of cleaner production of energy.

Problem arises is that a large portion of the money just goes into political pockets.

Please don't misread a point I was adding in in my posts. I never said Canada was doing something wrong.
    In fact, I wish the USA did what Canada does. Use the collected tax dollars to be used to correct our own production of CO2 and giving the tax $s back to the taxpayer.
    Instead, we give $ to other countries with a track record of corruption. We never call them in on accountability. Once the $s are paid, there is generally no oversight of what those $ were actually used for or where they went.

The entire Coalition for Climate Change is nothing more than a money grab by different governments.

Canada hs done more for the correction of air polution than the USA. They keep the $s in-house, which is a fine idea. We fall way short in correction for the technology we have, but the climate-change activists want all problems FIXED NOW! NO EXCUSES.
    Which, anyone with half a brain knows these changes need a solid plan that actually works.
    Which they don't have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.