1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Afghanistan.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by curiousFred, Aug 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

How did this happen? Yes, POTUS is ultimately responsible for all US Forces. Meaning if something goes south, it is on his orders. Has every advisor been sleeping the past weeks? I can understand he ordered to leave Afghanistan. The foreign forces had to go at some point. But did noone discuss the exit strategy or has "Sleepy Joe" just said something like "I don't care how or what, but get out as fast as possible".

Anyway, all hell broke loose. A lot of people need to be evacuated but US Forces won't let them past the gates. Taliban held a press conference with peaceful words noone will be harmed, even if they worked for or with the opposing forces. Other sources claim executions have already started. It is bad, realy bad.

curiousFred likes this.
  2. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Yes, they say one thing and do another.
    Also how many Muslim countries will accept Afghani refugees ?
    We have enough Muslims in Australia, some of whom hate our very guts, because we are different.
    Never mind that we helped and supported them.

3. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

The taliban are a group that is funded by the Pakistan ISI. Pakistan has directed the narrative of this war since day one.
    The military and intelligence agencies all knew the taliban were in the mountain regions of Pakistan. Pakistan would not allow us to go there and if we went anyway they would not let the U.S. and our allies use their airspace to fly in supplies. Basically Pakistan cut the knees out of us from the beginning.
    Then the state department with their disastrous natuon building scheme. Nation building never works, that's why we didn't do it after WWII. Everytime we try it we lose.
    The events over the past weekend made the U.S. look like a bunch of amateurs and it's only gotten worse since. Our CIC is MIA. The VP is the same. The SecDef is an idiot and the CJCS is a moron.
    In my opinion if I was an ally of the U.S. and something kicked off, I would be very hesitant to call the U.S. for help.
    This will have far reaching consequences for years to come. I feel sorry for Taiwan.

I love and fought for my Country. But this administration has completely destroyed us on a domestic and world stage.

One last thing to ponder, the United States basically funds the Pakistani Army, which in turn funds the ISI. Basically we were fighting ourselves in Afghanistan.

AnonymousB2022, curiousFred and Dane like this.
  4. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

If they were such a threat? Why did 45 let their leader and 5000 out of prison as part of a deal that the Taliban seems to have gone back on almost immediately?

And to cut this one off. Yes. When it started falling apart Biden should have committed more faster to protect OUR PEOPLE.

Now the TOTALLY unpopular part.

We lost from day 1. We give weapons to the locals, they turn around and give them to the Taliban 10 minutes after we leave the town. They never WANTED the Taliban gone.

Bh5153 and curiousFred like this.
  5. buffyfan

Korea too.

In 1994, when I was in Israel last? Israel, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt were peaceful. I was at sites in all of them.

Dane, pussycat and curiousFred like this.
  6. buffyfan

If 45 makes a deal to leave by.......... 46 cant say "I am staying. I AM IN CHARGE OF OUR TROOPS!". Biden could not have signed the deal. As it was done a full 11 months prior to his swearing in. If Biden stayed he is litterally now an invading force. Trump released 5000 Taliban and their leader.

curiousFred likes this.
  7. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

An total fuck up, and a lot of human beings will get hurt or worse.

8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

10. Badbama113

Badbama113 New Member

This guy gets it

Dane and orly6666 like this.
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Unless you are willing to practice genocide, it is impossible to ever "win" in the other guys yard. The best you can hope for is to "occupy" for a while, until you get tired and leave.

The USA is apparently too stupid (or arrogant, take your pick) to understand that. It wasn't always so, after WW2 the US acted very well - leave but leave a helping hand. It worked. Since then, one debacle after another.

Dane likes this.
  12. pussycat

He's not wrong. :rolleyes:

orly6666 likes this.
  13. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

The problem lies with the state department. They are so fucked up thinking that every country wants to be like us. We have never succeeded in nation building and never will. It doesn't matter who is in office or you who is Sec. of State, until they clean house of all the idiots that work at the state department we're fucked. For some reason they the state department power over the military in foreign engagements. That's why now generals are more paper pusher CEO types that leaders like Patton were.
    And like some have said the military industrial complex loves wars like these cause they make a lot of money using our service men and women as R&D.

14. SmallTown83

SmallTown83 Account Deleted

Yup lol there is a Canadian company that makes armored personal carriers for the US army. War is good for business.
    Your right 20 years ago when the us put boots on the ground from then on it was a disaster. And before desert storm this whole ball got going in 1979. Afghanistan now is just a very small piece of a much larger puzzle.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2021
  15. pussycat

That Canadian company has a customer that's an even bigger account than the US Army. Saudi Arabia.

And our politicians (all of them) stand up and denounce the human rights violations, but the sales keep right on going.........

Dane likes this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It's always has been, will be, about money.
    Most wars are about money.
    Most laws are about money.
    Most who want to be elected, lead by force, etc., is about money.

Money makes the world go round. Not love.

17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

For the Americans who are still in Afghanistan, they are stuck there because of their love of money.

The original date for w/d was by May 1, 2021. It was brokered in Feb, 2020.

The American civilians knew the w/d was coming and did nothing to leave in time.
    Even when Biden took office and said he was going through with the w/d but couldn't make the May 1 deadline,
    it was going to be by Sept 1.
    They still did not make arrangements to leave. Seems to be they were being paid well to do whatever they were
    doing.

One of my client's son drove a Liquid Hauling Semi (hazardous cargo/hazardous pay), drivers licensed to haul
    were in high demand.
    He left in February. His mom told me he said everyone knew it was going to happen but some of his buddies who were
    drivers stayed on because of the pay (she said it was over $100,000.00 and living expenses were mostly paid).
    He was banking most of his pay. Sitting quite well now at home.

Now some of them are stuck there, waiting for this debacle to be fixed. Not knowing anything.
    Why?
    Because of greed.

How much fucking time does one need to leave a country when you know over a year in advance you need
    to get your shit together?

Curmudgeon and orly6666 like this.
  18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

On a second note- maybe my last post should be in the thread "Acts of Stupidity".

pussycat likes this.
  19. buffyfan

The Saudis? You meant the actual nation well over half the hijackers came from? Not one came from Iraq or Afghanistan. Want to say, if memory serves, 8-10 of the 13 came from SA though.

Dane and pussycat like this.
  20. Badbama113

Badbama113 New Member

That is the epicenter of the Islamic world. They are involved in everything Islam.

Dane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.