1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Admit it, Vote by mail is the Superior System

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by hellohello, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellohello

hellohello Trusted Member

It's the only way to complete a ballot while sitting your ass on the couch and voting whenever and however you want before election day. It is the ultimate relaxed, luxurious, and convenient system for voting. The mail is already considered a secure system for transmitting nearly all official documents, voting is just an extension of that.

2. oldman681

oldman681 Trusted.Member

First of all I am assuming you are a Dem. , historically vote by mail has always been use with alot of fraud being a big factor in it . they send out ballots & if the person is dead family fills it out & sends it in , or ones returned to post office are used by others to load the box for their party . It has over the years proven a fraudulent way to vote .

3. hellohello

It's just as good as in person. You need a valid signature under penalty of being charged with a felony. It's just as secure as writing a check. Signatures are our most fundamental system for checking for fraud and they're proven to be the backbone for all other systems of identification save biometrics. If you trace back your photo ID far enough, you will find that it is all based on a few signatures.

P.S. Why should I care if you're assuming I'm a Dem? What's the point of mentioning this?

Daddy's Home likes this.
  4. oldman681

oldman681 Trusted.Member

The point is the Dem s are trying to force mail in voting by mailing ballots to all on the voter list , some dead , some long ago moved away , some as in California who are allowed to vote in local elections because they are not documented aliens , Do you trust California to not count their votes ? I don' t . If a voter wants to do mail in vote & they request a ballot I am good with that , but sending out ballots to everyone is a open door for fraud .

klausspringfield, Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  5. hellohello

First of all, I highly doubt all Dems think and act this way, nor that those who do are all Dems, especially if it's an anonymous person on an online forum. Stating that you suspect someone to be a member of a certain political party based solely on personally held beliefs is meaningless.

Second, California does the shit that it does because the Federal Government allows it to, which is stupid because States should have nowhere near that amount of license when it comes to determining who can and cannot vote. I see this as a problem with the way enfranchisement is determined rather than the mailing system, which has been effectively used by this country and those before it for hundreds of years.

Third, removing dead people from the voter registry isn't that hard to do, and if someone does sign off on a dead person's vote it's forgery and that forgery can be traced. People have official documentation for when they die, and there is no reason that this documentation cannot be used to remove someone from the voter registry. Bottom line, the paperwork already exists to verify any and all ballots, and the means for checking their legitimacy are well established. If a State acts delinquent to how Federal guidelines proscribe, that is a separate issue entirely—such as the so-called "legalization" of marijuana in many states, despite already existing Federal statutes.

I'm fine with multiple layers of security and a better system for determining, enforcing, and investigating voter enfranchisement and any fraud related to it, but requiring my lazy ass to walk to a DMV-esque polling station line and take time off or even to simply require me to go through the difficult process of requesting a ballot to compensate for well-known, well-established deficiencies that are not the result of the mailing system but unwillingness to enforce basic law is not only a waste of my time, but also potentially dangerous in the cases of a pandemic and/or hazardous smoke, and a fundamental and unnecessary inconvenience to everyone involved.

MilaHot likes this.
  6. Merc000

Merc000 Trusted Member

If you can go riot out in person then you can go vote in person. End of story.

Not to mention the story of the family’s cat getting a voting registration...

7. hellohello

Great for rioters, not so much for everyone else. Not to mention rioters that prevent people from voting.

GeekBoy03 likes this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

But you do go the grocery store. You do it on the way home from work, no time off needed. If you haven't returned to work yet, still no time off needed. I'm retired and plan on going in person.

RedGrlLvr, GeekBoy03 and Dane like this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Mail in ballots are NOT secure. AT ALL!

Openly displayed on the outside of the envelope is a barcode that identifies the mailer.
    In that barcode there is either a capital "D", or "R" or "I", which indicates the voter's registry.

Please tell me how that is not an open invitation for ANYONE handling that envelope to quickly
    and easily remove that vote from the system.

Brutus58 and TriadSibling like this.
  10. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I believe that absentee ballots are safe and have a proven track record and I’m all for this type voting to allow those who fear coming out in public.
    I am totally against universal ballots bc of the enormous amount of fraud. Dems know what they’re doing. They’ll ask how many votes do we need and then here comes the boxes of ballots out of the woodwork.

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The track record is atrocious! There are a number of cases after the March primaries (including just last week on the news)
    of un-counted boxes of mail-in and/or absentee ballots being found or are un-accounted for.

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Mail-in voting can work, if we had Voter-ID. Your voter id number must be put on the ballot, if the number is wrong or a duplicate the ballot is thrown out.

13. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

Those were universal ballots from democratic cities.
    Absentee balloting has been safe and secure for years
    I have voted absentee for years while in Military

TempestMoon and Brutus58 like this.
  14. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I’m 100% for absentee ballots. You have to prove who you are and why you wish to absentee vote.
    They mail you a ballot and you fill out and send back.
    Been doing it for years

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

So what's with the point of openly declaring your part affiliation on the outside of the reply envelope?

There is no valid security reason other than to assist in fraud occurring.

16. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I agree with you. There is no reason to include party affiliation on the envelope.
    Republicans have voted for democrats and vice versa in past elections.
    if someone is taking envelopes out bc of an R indicator they could be taking a vote from Biden

TempestMoon, Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

But if you go by the numbers, that would be an extremely tiny percentage of votes cast.
    I imagine somewhere in the .00001-.00005% range.

18. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I just hope it’s a fair and transparent election. I do not want to spend the next four years listening to the legitimacy of whoever wins the election.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  19. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I would rather we all vote in person and have valid forms of ID.
    Need a ID to buy a pack of smokes but not to vote.
    I call BS on that one

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Agree 100% with that!

Voting is a Constitutional Right but there is no provision that the right to vote should include that one
    has nothing more to do to vote than walking to the mailbox.

TempestMoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.