1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Acts of Stupidity

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I listen to Steve on my BT while driving. Have you seen any of his pieces on the CA Private Vault Company the FBI raided? (note this started under Trump and Biden's DOJ is not stopping it).

In short for those who did not. FBI gets a warrant to take the ENCLOSURES. Not seize the boxes. They take the boxes anyway. Say "They are in the enclosures, we have to". "OK. Dont open them." then the FBI DOES open them. "We had to INVENTORY THEM!". Court "SO put it back in each one. Lock it. And RETURN them if claimed. "Well we cant do that your honor. It is in one giant pile. But if they come to us, tell us what was in theirs and WE FEEL IT WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED.......". Two administration's DOJs are telling to court "No. We dont have to follow the warrant. We wanted to open those. And we did. What are you going to do about it?!".

3. Neophyte

Yes I've listened to a couple of his videos on the FBI raid. I do agree that asset forfeiture has gone to far. It was a good idea for what it was intended, but like many laws and policies, it was abused. That's one reason that I oppose many government regulations, no matter how minor, because I believe that someone somewhere at sometime will abuse it.

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

6. buffyfan

The real problem there is what use is the courts when the "State" can just say "Yeah. Not doing that. Too bad." and the people who would have to enforce it........ are the ones saying "Yeah. Not doing that. Too bad.".

There was another one a year + ago on his. Some locality was told that they had to give back CAF money. Their response? "We gave it to DEA! We dont have it. Guess they have to sue the DEA now!". Court? "So just give him X dollars". "We cant. We dont have his SPECIFIC MONEY.". Then a year of empty threats by the court to put people in jail if they dont.

7. Neophyte

Yes, I heard about this other case. I believe the judge on the case said that money is fungible.

8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That begs the question - how do you "gible" "fun"?

9. buffyfan

I never know if people know what that means.........

10. buffyfan

B+ if that was a joke.

Just in case or for anyone that does not know the term? It is that in general Money is not "unique" a dollar is a dollar. The only real exception is "collectable coins and bills". Error bills, error coins, rare.

11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

You get the Government to regulate it. :rolleyes:

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Yes, It was meant to be a joke. A bad joke, but a joke nonetheless.

14. buffyfan

15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

That image was uploaded, not linked, so there shouldn't be any problems looking at it.

17. buffyfan

Was trying to read the cut off part.

18. Neophyte

19. buffyfan

You missed some good Lehto videos.

20. buffyfan