1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Joke For Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

2. Manoir

Manoir Trusted Member

The great French writer Victor Hugo was also an enthusiast admirer of the ladies. One day he was vigorously flirting with a young lady.
    She said: Stop monsieur Hugo! My heart is already taken by another.
    He answered: Oh madame, no problem. I don't aim so high.

Badracer, curiousFred, Dane and 5 others like this.
  3. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

I asked my wife, “Where do you want to go for our anniversary?”

She said, “Somewhere I have never been!”

I told her, “How about the kitchen?”

philbrown, Badracer, Brutus58 and 3 others like this.
  4. slisse

Shortly before our 25th wedding anniversary, my husband sent 25 long-stemmed yellow roses to me at my office. A few days later, I plucked all the petals and dried them. On the night of our anniversary, I spread the petals over the bed and lay on top of them, wearing only a negligee.

As I’d hoped, I got a reaction from my husband.

When he saw me, he shouted, "Are those potato chips?"

5. Biggi

Biggi New Member

Ba dum tish

curiousFred likes this.
  6. slisse

When I arrived at school for my daughter’s parent-teacher conference, the teacher seemed a bit flustered, especially when she started telling me that my little girl didn’t always pay attention in class and was sometimes a little flighty.

"For example, she’ll do the wrong page in the workbook," the teacher explained, "and I’ve even found her sitting at the wrong desk."

"I don’t understand," I replied defensively. "Where could she have gotten that?"

The teacher went on to reassure me that my daughter was still doing fine in school and was sweet and likable. Finally, after a pause, she added, "By the way, Mrs. Gulbrandsen, our appointment was tomorrow."

7. incestlover97

incestlover97 Trusted Member

Lmao that’s a good one!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
    curiousFred likes this.
  8. slisse

My husband bought an exercise machine to help him shed a few pounds. He set it up in the basement but didn’t use it much, so he moved it to the bedroom. It gathered dust there, too, so he put it in the living room.

Weeks later I asked how it was going. “I was right,” he said. “I do get more exercise now. Every time I close the drapes, I have to walk around the machine.”

9. slisse

Rushing to get to the movies, my husband and I told the kids we had to leave "right now"—at which point our teenage daughter headed for the bathroom to apply makeup. Her dad yelled for her to get in the car immediately, and headed for the garage grumbling.

On the way to the multiplex my husband glanced in the rearview mirror and caught our teen applying lipstick and blush, which produced the predictable lecture. "Look at your mom," he said. "She didn’t put on any makeup just to go sit in a dark movie theater."

From the back I heard, "Yeah, but Mom doesn’t need makeup."

My heart swelling with the compliment, I turned back to thank this sweet, wonderful daughter of mine just as she continued, "Nobody looks at her."

10. Insp Gadget

11. Insp Gadget

12. Insp Gadget

13. Insp Gadget

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Our gov. tried something similar. He ordered COVID-19 infected patients into nursing homes. You can figure out the results of that.

Insp Gadget and curiousFred like this.
  15. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I have never been scared of anything in all my life, but the thought of ending up in a nursing home absolutely scares the shit out of me.

leftout4, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  16. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

Been the same across Europe. Absolutely appalling treatment of senior people.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  17. chunky2923

chunky2923 Trusted Member

A man walks into a bar............OUCH!!

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  18. londonboy49

A woman shouts at her husband: “Have you been drinking again?! You promised me to try to be a different man!!”
    Her husband replies: “Guess what! The other man is drinking too.”

19. londonboy49

A guy comes to work very sick and asks his boss for advice.
    The boss says, "You know, if it were me, I'd just go home and let my wife really take care of me in all aspects, if you know what I mean. Now go and do just that, Roger, you look pretty bad."
    The guy gratefully leaves and comes back the next day, looking much better.
    "So, how was it?" asks the boss, "Everything alright?"
    "Yes," replies the guy, "I feel much better, thank you. By the way, you have really nice furniture!"

20. londonboy49

A lady decided to give herself a big treat for her 90th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice luxurious hotel..
    When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.
    She demanded to know why the charge was so high “I agree it’s a nice hotel, but the rooms aren’t worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay – I didn’t even have breakfast!”
    The clerk told her that $250.00 is the ‘standard rate,’ and breakfast had been included had she wanted it.
    She insisted on speaking to the Manager.
    The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: “This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use.”
    “But I didn’t use them.”
    ”Well, they are here, and you could have.”
    He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous.
    “We have the best entertainers from all over the world performing here.”
    “But I didn’t go to any of those shows..” She Pleaded.
    “Well, we have them, and you could have.” was the reply.
    No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied,
    “But I didn’t use it!” and the Manager countered with his
    standard response.
    After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him.
    The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.
    “But Madam, this check is for only $50.00”
    “That’s correct” she replied “I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me.”
    “But I didn’t sleep with you madam!” said the manager
    “Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have.”!!

slisse, SecretWishes, Dane and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.