1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Conservatives view of Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

itshot likes this.
  2. changoTor

changoTor Trusted Member

I feel like the real problem is extremism. When people won't even listen to differing views, nothing ever moves forward unless one side has power and the other does not. The result of that is any progress made only serves half of the citizenry. Rinse, repeat..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Dane likes this.
  3. Neophyte

4. Neophyte

I was watching a D&D video about alignment and thought about applying it to our politics. The way I see it, in alignment Conservatives would be considered Lawful and Liberals would be considered Chaotic. Then within each group, those that are Altruistic would be considered Good and those that are Self-Centered or Selfish would be considered Evil. Those that consider themselves in the Center or Moderate would be considered Neutral.

Dane and MilaHot like this.
  5. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

8. Neophyte

9. Neophyte

10. Neophyte

What Liberals fail to understand, is that when their errand boys with hammers finish pounding on all the Conservative nails, the errand boys will still want to continue hammering. Its how they have fun, and everyone other than Liberals know, the nails they are going to hammer next.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Neophyte

Liberals claim that Conservatives are Racist, among other things. So who is the True Racist.

Conservatives use the term People to encompass all people of all nationality and gender.
    Liberals use the term People to mean White People, if they want to indicate Non-Whites they use the term People of Color.
    Conservatives use one term to indicate everyone, Liberals use different terms to indicate people of different Races.
    To Conservatives, everyone is the same and they treat everyone the same. To Liberals, everyone is different and they treat everyone differently.

EggHead, Dane, Brutus58 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Great observation!

Neophyte likes this.
  13. Neophyte

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

A Conservative will push the limits of a Law, but tend not to break the Law. A Conservative will take every advantage possible while still stay within the limits of a Law.

A Liberal tend to follow a Law as long as it is convenient for them to do so. A Liberal tend to believe that a Law does not apply to them, they feel their Righteousness, extends beyond the limits of a Law.

Brutus58, Dane and itshot like this.
  16. Neophyte

17. nordicocean7

nordicocean7 Trusted Member

Very interesting point of view. I’m starting to see similarities in both parties tbh.

18. nordicocean7

nordicocean7 Trusted Member

I have to say that I have lived all over the world..been to a ton of countries..seldom do generalizations approach the boundaries of truth. Conservatives are this was..libs are that way…things are far more complex.

19. Neophyte

That's why I use the word "Tends". Of course there are exceptions, but if the majority or a significant number acts in a certain way, you can attribute tendency to the group. How many cases have you seen where a Liberal will paint an entire group some way, on the actions of a single person.

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. Neophyte

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.