1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Conservatives view of Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

And therein lies a huge problem in the general political mindset. The "If one liberal is bad. That PROVES all are. If one Conservative is bad? Well they are not really a Conservative then are they?".

Also, explain the following if "Conservatives" are all for "individual rights"? Why does it seem the go all collective "Our view of....... should be banned" on things they dont like. Like Abortion, Weed, bad language on TV, nudity on TV. You know the exact ones too "the "WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?!" " crew. I have met and seen very few people who fit the Conservative "individual rights". It always comes down to "we should, as a smaller form of Government have the RIGHT to BAN whatever we dont agree with".

I will give you a great example. NYS (the Liberals ironically) legalized weed this year (while Conservatives fought tooth and nail with arguments out of Reefer Madness). It is legal to possess (3 oz now, up to a few pounds when dispensaries start around 20203). THey wrote into the law, because they knew they had to, in effect, "And counties can not all but ban it through restrictions where smoking is still illegal, banning dispensaries, etc". Because they knew many "Conservative" upstate Counties and Nassau and Suffolk would try. And Nassau (Con majority) did anyway. Nassau UNANIMOUSLY passed a ban on all "county property". Naming sidewalks, streets, anything that is not "Private Homeowner property" (yes, they actually called the privately owned parking lots of shopping centers COUNTY PROPERTY). One Legislator I know has been encouraging NCPD to harass homeowners if the smoke leaves the HOMEOWNER'S property line.

I know I mentioned the NCPD before. Those high numbers? They currently have the State (NIFA) approving all spending because the following cycle happened. Gullotta and an R legislature? Junk bond status. He loses and the Leg flips. Suozzi comes in (a moderate D at best, one of the most centerist CE's I have ever met). Raise taxes and balance things. "A-" bond status when Mangano (R and current convicted felon) ran, won and flipped the Leg again on "everything is OK again! TIME TO CUT TAXES!". Except, as usual? Lots of "tax cuts" no spending cuts. Large rise in NCPD budget in fact. Side note, the NCPD is a little overpaid. Also the least corrupt department I have ever dealt with. Enter Nassau INTERIM (hahahahaha 10 years later) Financial Authority because they gutted taxes without cutting spending to the point the County was a year or two from bankruptcy. Those "Conservative" Legislatures? Sure did approve a lot of 20 year property tax exemptions for "over 65 communities" and "new business builds" though. They also insisted that THEY be in control of the Nassau Colosseum reno. Tried to float a BILLION dollar Bond. Passed by 1 vote, R win over D, total party lines. That then went to a county vote. Failed a little over 4-1 because the then owner of the Islanders said HE would do the project himself. The Legislative Majority. Wanted to be in control of who got the contracts.

But back to the Pot. Nassau NEEDS CASH. The "conservative" majority keeps rejecting anything that would generate more revenue but is not "how things always were". The tax revenue (forget adding any county taxes, I am talking the base SALES TAX on all retail transactions) would surely help balance things. But ban. Because "not how things always were. THE CHILDREN!". Their two legislative accomplishments recently? This ban. And making it illegal for kids to pop wheelies on their bikes because OLD PEOPLE SAY IT DISTRACTS THEM WHEN DRIVING.

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

3. Neophyte

The principle by which the Left deals with the Right.

"When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles." ~ Frank Herbert

4. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  5. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

8. Neophyte

9. Neophyte

10. Neophyte

Democrats have more in common with a Communist Dictatorship than the American People.

Dane likes this.
  11. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

If any member here may skip and jump over these videos posted in this forum, I HIGHLY recommend that
    you don't skip this one. It's just over 5 minutes long and is, imho, by far,
    one of NEO's best posts.

Neophyte likes this.
  13. Neophyte

Conservatives want everyone to be equal. Liberals want everyone to be identical.

Dane likes this.
  14. Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean Account Deleted

The funniest thing with both liberals and conservatives is that they both ignore the morons on their own side and acts like its only the other side that have morons.

Dane and pussycat like this.
  15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

A difference on how Conservatives and Liberals deal with a problem.

Both will come up with a theory of what the problem is.

They will both come up with data dealing with the problem.

When the data shows that the theory is wrong, Conservatives will change their theory while Liberals will change their data.

changoTor and Dane like this.
  17. Neophyte

I agree, both Liberals and Conservatives have their morons. What I complain about is that Liberals have made it a Job Requirement.

Dane likes this.
  18. deadrockstar69

deadrockstar69 Trusted Member

Idk what happened to liberals. Somewhere down the line they have completely turned their back on their own ideology. They now support big corporations and are against free speech. We are watching a population become brainwashed right before our eyes.

Dane likes this.
  19. Neophyte

This is my view on Woke or SJW Companies and Regular Companies. A Woke Company and a Regular Company both produces and market a product. Let's say the product doesn't sell. A Regular Company will try to change or fix the product. A Woke Company will try to change or fix the customer. This applies to all sorts of products ranging from toys, clothes and stuff, to music and movies and books. A Regular Company will make a better product where a Woke Company won't.

itshot and Dane like this.
  20. Neophyte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.