1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. User2222

User2222 Trusted Member

Really regret selling my ak. She was a beauty but got rid of it cause I couldn’t find ak ammo anywhere ! So I just traded it for a glock and a beretta

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

3. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

Ofcourse that won't work. What are they thinking? You can't remove guns from the criminal part of the population. For them it is a tool. They might consider regulating the sale of ammunition and the tools and materials to make them.

4. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I have never felt the need for a gun, while I used an air rifle to shoot vermin, I never wanted anything high powered
    to shoot people with, for any reason.
    Also if guns are banned/removed people will just use knives as we found out in Australia.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The most violent places to live on Earth have the strictest gun laws.
    This link;
    Countries Compared by Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com
    shows the first 3 shown all have very strict gun laws with the populace owning very few guns. India in Example,
    has 5 firearms per 100 people. The USA has over a 1 to 1 ratio. That is, more guns owned by the populace than there are persons.
    But India (and other countries) the murder rate is higher per capita than the USA. Of course, crime by firearm is highest
    in the USA, but overall bodily crime ranks us (if I remember correctly from a previous post) 34th in the world.

Bad people will kill no matter what weapon is or isn't at hand. And the world is full of bad people.
    A lot more per capita in other countries than the USA.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Neophyte

The more news I hear about our new government, the more guns I want to have.

Bh5153, Dane, Brutus58 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Me too!

itshot, Neophyte and Dane like this.
  8. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

The same. Once they take our guns, they will take our voice.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I believe the second amendment was put in place to protect the first amendment.

itshot and Dane like this.
  10. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

The second amendment was put there to protect all the amendments. They put it second because the Founding Fathers wanted us to use our voice and our vote. Firearms were to be the last resort.

Brutus58, itshot and Dane like this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Those in Congress who want gun bans, are the one's who know the biggest and foremost reason for the 2nd.
    If you try take us over outside of our will, we will take you out, by force if necessary.

That's why they are afraid of the 2nd.

Brutus58, Bh5153 and itshot like this.
  12. pacmanflynn

pacmanflynn Trusted Member

Yes!
    Police in North America (and, I believe, everywhere in the world) are trained to stop the threat as quickly as possible. That means shooting at the center of mass, the chest. Which is heart and lungs.
    I agree with you that IF this "legs" policy exists anywhere, it is foolish. But more likely it does not exist anywhere and some people have just dreamed it up.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  13. pacmanflynn

pacmanflynn Trusted Member

^^^ I absolutely agree.

Fun fact though;
    All men regardless of where they live have certain God given natural rights. Among them is the right to defend yourself, your family and your property using the best tool available, guns.
    In the middle ages, it was longbows and crossbows...and just like corrupt government today, corrupt kings banned or restricted the common people from having the most effective defensive tools.

Governments do not grant rights, ever. Otherwise they wouldn't be rights.
    The second amendment to the US constitution does not grant the right to own guns, contrary to what many think.
    It does something even greater. It was included in the constitution by the founding fathers to AFFIRM, that is, remind the people that they have this natural right lest they ever forget.

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Neophyte

I believe Joe Biden talked about having the police shoot people in the leg after one of the recent shootings. I think the police says most shootings take place on average of 7 yards. I would say a leg is about 4 inches wide and if you are drawing and taking a quick shot, you would miss 4 inches 75% of the time and if the person is moving its harder still. In order to hit, a person must stop, aim, and take a careful shot, my estimate would be about 2 seconds. A person can run 7 yards in less than 2 seconds.

Brutus58 and Hamhanded like this.
  15. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

I'm former L.E. We are taught to neutralize a threat and to shoot center mass until there is no more threat. When you purposely start shooting at legs and arms it shows premeditation. Premeditation will land you in jail.

Dane likes this.
  16. Hamhanded

Hamhanded New Member

Nothing to worry about until the paranoids and leftists decide you are a threat to their cause.

17. Hamhanded

Hamhanded New Member

< One needs to be at least comparatively equipped.

itshot and JoshuaMN like this.
  18. Hamhanded

Hamhanded New Member

Biden is a dolt and apparently believes the TV shows where you can snapshot the guy's finger off.

Brutus58, Dane, itshot and 1 other person like this.
  19. Neophyte

20. Neophyte