1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by zboy97, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zboy97

zboy97 Trusted Member

how you feel about 2021?

2. arunk94

arunk94 Trusted Member

Hopefully better than the year we had. Might get some time to spend time with my (hot) cousin once travel restrictions lift.

3. zboy97

zboy97 Trusted Member

yeah,,,, hopefully. I/We should have a motivation like that for welcome 2021 under this circumstances..

4. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

It'll be a shit show.
    More lockdowns, more bureaucratic bullshit in the government, and those stimulus checks they're supposed to be sending people? Yeah don't count on it going beyond $1000, or maybe $1600. They had the chance to make the most recent one $2000, and they didn't do it. They said "we'll vote on a $2000 check after this one for $600 is sent out", meaning they aren't going to let one pass for that amount.
    And then the backlash will set in, which won't change anything.

That's what I see for 2021.

And you know what? I DARE the government to prove me wrong. I dare them to release $2000 checks to help people who have gone months without aid (not just once, but as many times as is needed to help people). I dare them to do what they're supposed to do, and figure out a solution that doesn't involve causing people to lose their jobs, their houses, etc. I dare them to come up with a solution that allows our businesses to stay open, and commerce to take place, because without that, local economies are going to collapse.

But I bet they won't do any of that, or at least they'll do the minimum to satisfy those who are desperate and need something to get by, because that's exactly what this $600 check is, and that's the message they're sending by allowing that pathetic amount in the first place.

I stopped expecting them to do their jobs ten years ago. Now I just wait for them to screw shit up like usual.

Krazyzeroo and Lustig like this.
  5. zboy97

zboy97 Trusted Member

We cant expect from government to act favourable to peaple. They easily forget that they are appointed with our votes. Its sad . Better to make our path to stay positive in this period.

6. Lustig

Lustig Trusted Member

They do their jobs. Only their jobs are not what we believe we were hiring them for. Anywhere in the world. Anywhere in time.

7. arunk94

arunk94 Trusted Member

I think it's normal for govts to become big and obsolete, then someone will come along and burn the whole thing to the ground.

8. Tuk0815

Tuk0815 Trusted Member

Well, "It can always get worse" I guess, but I really hope it doesn't

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Oh, it will not only get worse, I think it'll get MUCH worse.

Lustig likes this.
  10. zboy97

zboy97 Trusted Member

In this time I think all govts should think about the survival of the mankind not the financial growth.I think it is extremely hard to achieve both tasks at the same time under the pandemic.

arunk94 likes this.
  11. zboy97

zboy97 Trusted Member

You have to stay positive my friend. Forums like this can be helpfull to stay hopefull.

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I haven't any loss of hope, things have been getting worse since the 70s. I expected them to, and I expect it to continue.
    Every decade since then has brought about more examples of how mankind is losing all sense of right and wrong.

13. zboy97

zboy97 Trusted Member

Its the newtons third law.:(This is how human treats mother nature.

14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

????
    I understand your point about action/reaction, but I was talking about how mankind treats mankind, not about karma concerning 'mother nature'. I don't think people are becoming more evil because of some supposed 'bad' treatment against the Earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.