1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by WincestFan, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Can we all agree that if they have the $ to buy surplus military gear like TROOP TRANSPORTS, not kidding I read one midwest (like Kansas midwet) department bought two TANKS, etc, that they dont need all the budgeted $. Also FFS. Police in Nassau County NY make 120k+ 8 years in. All 8 precincts are PRETTY SAFE. They are being paid 6 figures to write stop sign tickets more than stop crimes.

3. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

They are a stupid bunch of fucking Marxists.

Jumpit likes this.
  4. Neophyte

If this was the case then Nassau County would be the place to work, if you were a police officer, but the average officer doesn't make that salary, only the police chief does.

If these government departments changed their rules about losing their budget if they don't spend it all, these needless purchases probably wouldn't happen.

Dane likes this.
  5. buffyfan

That I can agree with.

And in Nassau it is hard to get on the force. And ONE screw up, not 18 complaints, ONE screw up and they fire you. They pay well, but cut the Union off at the knees on the Union being in the mix for discipline. Cops here behave. And they have to live in Nassau, Suffolk, or NYC to work for the PD. People have gotten caught using friend's addresses to work there from upstate or from CT, NJ, PA. Fired. On the spot. No "we will give you 6 months to move here or you may lose your job.". That day.

They want the cops who patrol the county to be from the area. Not from other regions to get the "good pay".

Dane likes this.
  6. Neophyte

7. Bierminister

Bierminister Trusted Member

I believe all lives matter. The BLM wave is pushed by the left medias.

Jumpit likes this.
  8. buffyfan

Large problem with that is the crossover of "All Lives Matter" and "BLUE LIVES MATTER". As a non trial practicing Criminal Attorney (worked both sides, run a firm but have not worked a criminal case in like 4 years and teach now)? It is dangerous to start worrying about how safe (not the most dangerous by far job BTW) police are FIRST when it comes to their actions.

I am a large proponent of backing cops WHEN they follow procedures that are well established (none of this "every word is a LAWFUL ORDER TO BE COMPLIED WITH IMMEDIATELY") and/or there is video proof of the incident. I actually called out a friend in my old county who is on the County Legislature now for spearheading this crap where they gave cops RAISES to wear body cameras. The Cams protect the cops, take ambiguity out of the situation, etc. Yet every time? They need a "raise" to "agree" to it. Note, we told our Sheriff's department (Long story short, like 6 years ago I was elected mayor of a tiny town I live and work in, without running) that they had 2 choices. Wear them? Or go find other employment. None of this "Well to AGREE to comply with my employer's instructions in EXCHANGE for other compensation.".

In short? Yes. Cops should be safe. And we can worry about that a lot more when they do not have Qualified Immunity. Why bring that up? The case that granted it? Was actually based on, if I remember, the USSC saying the police can not be sued for NOT PROTECTING a citizen. And have no actual obligation to endanger themselves. At all.

Dane likes this.
  9. buffyfan

Missed that the first time. No. it is not just the chief that makes that. That is the AVERAGE salary for an officer at year 8. Not an average of all including the brass. Average salary of people who have been cops for 8 years. 8 years out of the academy.

Top 2020 cop pay in Nassau:

Chief of Detectives: 740,181
    Captain of Detectives: 707,583
    The two Assistant Chiefs: 668,990 and 663,367
    Top 5 paid Lts: 581k-620k
    There are officer level people making 400k. Not brass. Officers. As in the guys in the cars.

10. Neophyte

These salaries seems outrageous to me. But I can't argue without checking deeper into their organization. Common sense tells me something unusual is going on, because I haven't heard of these types of salaries in other places. The chief of police of Los Angeles doesn't make that kind of money and if that was offered the line to be police officers would wrap around the planet. My first conclusion is something is going on that is not kosher.

11. buffyfan

Base+OT+Shift differentials that go into the 2x+ range.

So lets say the cop makes X in base (I think I remember someone on the NCPD telling me they are salaried, but paid by the "hour" with guaranteed hours). He can, if he works OT at night? make 3x or more per hour on shift (1.5x for OT and a up to double for "Shift Differential"). The NCPD is a larger budget item than the...... rest of the budget.

And there is a line. But the rule states you have to ALREADY live in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn. They dont want you crossing bridges or water to get to work. So the physical Long Island (includes two of the 5 NYC boroughs at the head).

12. fatpanda1

fatpanda1 Fallen Angel

It's a fucking GRIFT!!!! It is race baiting bullshit. For me being 1/2 black and white I can stand it. I'm so tired of the victim-hood mentality that has infected the Black community!!!!!

13. Neophyte

14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

18. Neophyte