1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by myeroticid, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesmallardfranco

jamesmallardfranco Trusted Member

Your friend is wrong.
    There were 37 Flu deaths in Australia in 2020.
    Over 900 from COVID.

"In the year to the end of the 2020 season, of the 21,266 notifications of laboratory confirmed influenza, 37 (0.17%) laboratory-confirmed influenza associated deaths were notified to the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS)" -National 2020 Influenza Season Summary
    https://www1.health.gov.au/internet...ile/National-Influenza-Season-Summary2020.pdf

Also note that Flu infections that started in January were over 3000, while COVID didn't even exist in Australia, yet Flu went down, while COVID went up, that should give you an indication on the difference in transmissibility.
    It's all very nice for people to dismiss it as fear mongering from all the media attention, but don't be fooled, Influenza is nothing compared to what SARS-CoV-2 is capable off if left unchecked.

And it's just called COVID (not "Covid Flu") "Flu" is a name taken from the Influenza family of viruses, COVID (SARS-CoV-2) is of the Coronavirus family of viruses.

Perviator likes this.
  2. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

Point taken. It all depends on where you take your info from?

And yet I don't discount where my friend takes his info from, as he takes it very seriously.

I'm involved with the Financial Markets, it's my job. First thing to note is you can not trust Government statistics. The Federal
    Reserve, the RBA, the BoE, etc. all have the wrong predictive models. Their info is lacking in credibility and is only a "gauge" of where the economy is. There have been instances where the Central Banks of Countries have misled the Government of the day, the people of that Country. All Central Banks used "coded" words in their releases. Why? Because they don't want the public to know the truth, or the truth of what is going on. You have to know those "coded" words to know what the release is talking about. If the Central Banks are misleading the Government, the public, does it ever enter your mind that Governments of this World ever mislead the public too?

Like I said COVID is real, but I don't necesarily belive the hype that Governments are saying about COVID.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

This is a graph showing the death rate in the United States. If you look at the deaths as a percentage of the population the rate of change over the last few years is on a downward trend. If Covid was as serious of a threat as the Government is making it out to be, the deaths as a percentage of population, inm2020 and 2021, would be on an increasing slope. Since the slope is decreasing, it is evidence that Covid is not causing extra deaths in the population. The people who are dying due to Covid would have died anyway, just that the Government can list the cause of death as Covid.

Also looking at the percentage rate of death, there is a correlation between the rate of death and when the Democrats made gains in Congress and when the Democrats got the Presidency. When the Republicans gained the White House and Congress is when the rate of increase started slowing down and reversing.
    united-states-population-2021-04-16-macrotrends.png

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Brutus58, LuckyDuck and Dane like this.
  4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

Dane and LuckyDuck like this.
  6. Neophyte

After the 2000 election, when Bush was elected, you can see that the death's as a percentage of population was going down. Then after 2004 election, after Bush was re-elected the death's as a percentage went down even farther. After the 2008 election when Obama was elected, the death's as a percentage took a sharp increase. More Americans were dying. After the 2012 election when Obama was re-elected, the death's took a sharp increase. Even more Americans started dying. After the 2016 election when Trump was elected, you start to see the rate at which Americans were dying started to go down, not as fast but still going down. When the Democrats are in office death rates goes up. When Republicans are in office death rates goes down. Is it just a coincidence or is it the difference in Democrat and Republican policies.
    united-states-population-2021.jpg

7. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

I think it is wildly suggestive to point to who's in office as the cause of the figures.

8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I did not take as a cause and effect. Just a very interesting set of statistics. There are many other factors they may be in play. More research should be conducted. Just an interesting start I think. Food for thought.

LuckyDuck likes this.
  9. Neophyte

10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Brutus58 and LuckyDuck like this.
  11. Neophyte

12. Neophyte

13. Neophyte

14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

16. Bob Barker

Bob Barker Trusted Member

went to a bar for the first time without a mask last night. it was great

17. Neophyte

18. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

Last time I commented here about 3 million COVID19 deaths in World -
    If we look today at statistics on page > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ -
    sad news continue - today the COVID-19 death toll in World turned over 4 000 000 people...

4 Mil D..jpg

19. Neophyte

20. Neophyte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.