1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by myeroticid, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myeroticid

myeroticid Trusted Member

Surprised to see no thread on this topic yet. How do folks feel about COVID: cautious, scared, nonchalant...?

2. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

There have been several discussions. You can find them by searching for "corona" and "covid".

curiousFred likes this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Super tired of hearing about it. Daily updates are fine, but the news media is going batshit crazy
    over it 24/7.

4. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Yep....myself likewise Dane. I'm stuck out in this country and now cannot get back to have my 'Contractual Leave'. And if I had gone back early, then I'd be stuck back in my own country.....everything is closing down...

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  5. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

I have analysed the Covid19 coronavirus disease numbers growth in world.
    My results are - the number of people, infected by coronavirus Covid19 disease is growing,
    the formula of exponential growth factorial could be ~ n + n/10 !

I started to check the number of infected with coronavirus Covid19 disease from March 20.
    At the midnight (UTC) onto March 20, there were 250 000 people in world infected by coronavirus Covid19 disease.

I made a short table, as a pattern, to compare with real data, source - from Coronavirus Update, World-o-Meter :
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

So the pattern was like that -

MAR21 > N = 250 000 + (N/10) 25 000 = 275 000
    MAR22 > N = 275 000 + (N/10) 27 500 = 302 500
    MAR23 > N = 302 500 + (N/10) 30 250 = 332 750

and so on...

Unfortunately, according the data from the Coronavirus Update, World-o-Meter shows,
    that real numbers of people in world infected by coronavirus Covid19 disease grow faster.
    At the midnight onto MAR26 the control pattern number was 442 891,
    but real infected were - 466 572 people...
    The daily growth of infected is roughly + 11 % from TOTAL.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  7. BisonSteve

BisonSteve Trusted.Member

Well we (me and my sugar daddy) got some great news today.

His paychecks will keep coming until at least april 18th while he continues to stay home and sit on his ass. (He works for a theme park that may or may not be in Orlando)

ALSO... according to what info i can find... I will be eligible for unemployment. (as a freelancer because of the Coronavirus stimulis). My revenue has plummited to the point where I'm just not going to bother. Fuck it i'd rather not spend all day in the hood or parked in front of hospitals/walmarts trying to get a fare.

SO...

There are people and corporations who care. (unlike cock-sucking sea world who just laid off 90% of their employees)

curiousFred likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I like your math facts, but I believe they are in error.
    You are assuming the original numbers and current numbers of infected are correct.
    China has not told the truth about anything concerning this virus.
    By accounts, the USA has more infected than any other country, but I think this is not
    correct because we never had, and still don't have, an accurate count from China.

Your numbers are shy of what we think is the actual count, but I think the numbers are much
    higher in China that reported, which makes your numbers way low.
    Your math is good, but we really don't know the original basis of 250,000 is correct.
    Re do the calc with 100,000 more and I think you'll arrive at what is going to be a more realistic expectation.

At least when this is over, we'll have the numbers more closely to a final account thereby giving us the
    numbers that should have been applied earlier. Which may show why the original predictions were low.

Brutus58 and borabora like this.
  9. borabora

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    curiousFred likes this.
  10. r1yan

r1yan Trusted Member

The numbers are only growing if there are tests. There are many more who have it, but tests are in short supply.

11. Pistacia

Pistacia Account Deleted

I had coronavirus and eliminated it myself because of my knowledge in Science. My advice is to stay in if you can. It's not worth the risk.

curiousFred likes this.
  12. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Cautious, but moreover I'm seriously pissed at my government agencies for this severe misstep in response. The CDC, and our government, knew about covid last december, and decided to do nothing, despite knowing the fact that there were warning signs that this outrbreak could be as serious as it is. They were warned by a doctor from China about this virus (as were many other nations), at how serious this thing is, and nobody listened.

Their unwillingness to lock down travel, twice, is exactly why the US is in deep shit today. The first time; they failed to restrict travel after learning the incubation period of the virus (around the same time it started spreading really bad). The second time was when they started hearing cases on the west coast that had an unknown vector (unknown infection source). That second time, the CDC should have locked down every single fucking state for two weeks minimum, because that was sign number 1 that this was getting out of control.

Their failure to do those things is why we are isolating now. This is pandemics for idiots, even I know why that's a failure.
    Also, for those who do not know, the CDC have the authority to enact quarantines as they see fit, in a viral situation. They do not need paperwork from judges, they do not need government approval, they can enact it as needed, as far reaching as needed, and they failed to do that.

When this is all over, I absolutely think that there needs to be an investigation into the decisions made not to enact safety procedures to prevent a full-scale outbreak, and the people who failed to act need to be fired. The current methods of determining action need to be changed (clearly) as well. The fact will always be now, that officials failed to take this threat seriously enough, at the critical point needed to save lives, and now people are dying because of it. It's inexcusable, and infuriating.

13. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG]

villager, Lustig, DarkQuisp and 7 others like this.
  14. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

That is an easy one, been there done that, more than once too.

villager, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  15. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

Ah, cassette tapes.

Great memories filled with music, audio plays ..... and traffic jam reports.

villager, Akbloke and Insp Gadget like this.
  16. borabora

It took 36 days on page https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ -
    to reach 1,000,000 people to be infected with coronavirus / 02.04.2020 /

And it took 6 more days to make the number > 1,500,000 > today
    Awful fast progression...

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Wait until India starts telling the truth and watch the curve then.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  18. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

China; 81,802 cases, 77,279 recovered, 3,333 deaths

And if anyone believes those numbers, I've got a bridge to sell you....

TriadSibling likes this.
  19. borabora

I have not said, that I wrote here real, genuine, legit. whatsoever believed TRUTH...

This is like a virus of this forum - all are talking and posting only about
    real, genuine, legit. and TRUTH

I am just making my point about PUBLISHED numbers by portal
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

20. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.