1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Would republicans or Democrats suit you better in you lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatham

Hatham Trusted Member

With the unorthodox lifestyles here on the forum, I’m wondering if republican or democratic ideals are more pervasive here. Give your thoughts.

2. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

Niether. Maybe we can have some government that doesn't try to influence every aspect of our daily lives?

curiousFred and pussycat like this.
  3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Never happen.

Not in your country, or mine, or anybody else's.

Calist and curiousFred like this.
  4. Darscen

Darscen Trusted Member

With everything that has been going on, I will always remain an independent and vote per candidate after doing research rather than voting by party.

My natural inclination will be to vote out incumbents though.

Hamhanded, curiousFred and jillicious like this.
  5. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

Martian PanSpecies Party. And it depends on the candidate.

pussycat likes this.
  6. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

I'm a capitalist. Though and through.

That pretty much defines me as a republican though a few times I have voted democrat.

toy

curiousFred likes this.
  7. aalpaca1

aalpaca1 Trusted Member

neither and if I had to deal with your political parties in my country I would spend every waking hour of my life campaigning for a third party in whatever district was the most viable to start getting rid of them

JoshuaMN, curiousFred and pussycat like this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I live in a very heavy democratic state. Il Duce is taxing the hell out of the workers. People are leaving in droves. He has no idea why or doesn't care. Just keeps raising taxes on who's left. His new idea is to tax those people who do leave and not allow people to take their savings or retirement money with them.

Calist and curiousFred like this.
  9. jillicious

This is the true path to removing crap politicians and unchecked corruption.

curiousFred likes this.
  10. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Where do I sign up?

11. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

You have to do it in person on the home world.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  12. Darscen

Darscen Trusted Member

Well, the true peaceful and civil way to do it. I have my extreme views too (I think we're out of practice for mass protesting and uprising). My opinion is the full system could use a change. Keep the titles, keep the responsibilities, but how cool would it be to have instead a congressional lottery, where an equal number of the best and brightest in the fields of healthcare, education, the military, agriculture, infrastructure, and humanitarian efforts are chosen at random. 3 year terms. 1 to learn the position, 1 to do the job, and 1 year to train your replacement. It's a pipe dream, but pleasant to think about once in a while.

Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  13. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Pollies will promise the moon, the stars and everything else until election day,
    after that they just settle in and try to get as many perks of office they can get their greasy fingers on.
    As for the voters, what fucking voters ?

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. cancandiddid

cancandiddid Trusted Member

Libertarian please!

JoshuaMN and Brutus58 like this.
  15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I am a Libertarian. Believe that ALL elected officials should pass a civil service exam before running for office. Also that ALL elected officials should have term limits. NONE of this congress person for life B.S. Same for house of reps. And so it should be at any level of government. Also have their tax returns gone over with a fine tooth comb. How can these "honest" officials enter office with ten dollars to their name and then leave with a couple of millions?

Hamhanded, JoshuaMN and curiousFred like this.
  16. jillicious

Insider trading. I wish I could know before hand which stocks Nancy Pelosi's husband is trading that day.

Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  17. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

My heart is on the left, however my wallet is on the right....

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. UpNorthChris

UpNorthChris Trusted Member

I am solidly Libertarian, and vote that way in all local elections. However, I continue to vote Republican in State and Federal elections. It pains me to say this, because it's not how our system was intended to be by design; but major elections have become a $ game, and only the "major parties" have the bankroll to pull it off. So instead of putting the right person in, we often have to settle for keeping the wrong person out. I've been sold out by both "sides" and on many issues; but it's the Democrats who have openly declared war on my rights, and have run on a platform through which they boast that they will strip them from me once elected. Stopping them from keeping that promise is the most "Libertarian" thing to do.

Brutus58 and smithboz like this.
  19. JoshuaMN

JoshuaMN Trusted.Member

I am Libertarian. i believe in the principals of no aggression. ie no victim no crime. and getting ones feelings hurt does not make you a victim

UpNorthChris and Brutus58 like this.
  20. hrcom

hrcom Trusted Member

Democrat, much more freedom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.