1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what's the last movie you've seen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thattechguy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I thought I heard that "The Wolfman" was suppose to be next.

allison17 likes this.
  2. Jacob8118

Jacob8118 Trusted Member

This is one of my posts to become trusted i think

allison17 likes this.
  3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Yep it sure is. :)

4. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

You still owe me a dozen donuts,half glazed and half chocolate covered. ~giggles~:p

5. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Don't know. But I'm kinda looking forward to this Dark Universe.

That actually sounds good. Any preferred brand?

Neophyte and allison17 like this.
  6. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

As long as they are freshly made and not form a prepackage bag. ;)

7. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Sounds good to me. :)

allison17 likes this.
  8. Strider

Strider Trusted.Member

Just watched the live action Beauty and the Beast. It was pretty good, but I prefer the animated original. Added a few interesting things to the story. My sister kept making Harry Potter jokes throughout since Emma Watson played Belle. And I thought the Lefou controversy was blown a little out of proportion.

On a side note, since I saw discussion of The Mummy and Dracula Untold (which featured Luke Evans (Gaston in Beauty and the Beast, and of course, Bard the Bowman from the Hobbit):

That's what I had heard too, but I heard Dracula didn't do as well as expected so they're not acknowledging it as part of this Dark Universe anymore. A pity, because I really enjoyed it.

allison17 likes this.
  9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Lucy: Scarlett Johanson

The movie was good but I did not understand the ending. It kinda of lost me but then again that isn't hard to do.

Strider likes this.
  10. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Caught the end of The Princess Bride.

allison17 likes this.
  11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Never seen it. You can tell me about this one. laffin!!

12. Neophyte

Its a fairy tale about true love. A peasant girl and the stable boy that works for her father grow up together and fall in love. The boy goes off to make his fortune and promises to come back for her. She receives word that the ship the boy was on was attacked by pirates and he was killed. The girl is considered the fairest in the land and is beloved by the people. The prince of the land chooses the girl to marry because when married the prince will be declared king. The girl gets kidnapped by agents of a rival country. The pirate that was suppose to have killed the boy arrives and the girl away from the kidnappers. The pirate says he has a last message for the girl from the boy. Anything after this will be major spoiler, so I will split this into two posts.

allison17 likes this.
  13. Neophyte

It turns out that the pirate that rescues the girl, is the boy she fell in love with. The pirate that attacked his ship, did not kill him, but took him on as a cabin boy then promoted him to his replacement. The boy made his fortune and had come back to take the girl as his bride. Meanwhile the prince had sent solders to rescue the girl and are closing in. The boy and girl tries to run, but the solders catch up to them and to keep them from killing the boy, the girl promises to go back with the prince and marry the prince. It turns out the prince is not the nice guy he had seemed to be. He orders the boy killed in secret and plans to kill the girl after they are married and he is crowned king. That is the overview of the story, for the details, you should see the movie. Its a fun movie to see.

allison17 likes this.
  14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thanks Neo, believe it or not I am not into chick flicks. I like action and syfy. Syfy is my favorite. I want to see the new Transformers so please nobody spoil it for me if they see it. thank you. :)

That or just right in caps at the top of the post "spoiler alert" that way I will know not to read it.

15. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

16. Neophyte

"The Princess Bride" is a comedy, its not a chick flick. It has Andre the Giant as one of the main actors.

"Inconceivable"

allison17 likes this.
  17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

wow that was made a while back then. I was thinking it was a new one. Yes I liked Andre and wrestling but not as good as a good ole blood bath from a UFC fight. I know wrestling is fake but I still watch Monday night Raw. :)

Neophyte likes this.
  18. Ricklibby

Ricklibby New Member

The immortals.

19. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

An "Oldie" but a "Goodie":

Dr No.
    Movie Poster - Dr No.jpg

I seem to remember Usula causing quite a stir at the time with that Bikini....
    And it also had Jack Lord in it as Felix, the CIA Agent. He later became famous out in Hawaii.....

allison17 likes this.
  20. Strider

Strider Trusted.Member

I think I've only ever met one person who dismissed "The Princess Bride" as a chick flick. Everyone else I know loves it, myself included. Here are two of the pins I wear on my Renaissance Faire costume.

Ren Faire Pins.jpg

I'd recommend checking it out at least once. As Neophyte said, it's a comedy and overall a fun movie. And as one of the characters describes it, it has "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles." I would recommend it if for nothing else than the epic sword fight between Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin.

I've only seen the first two Transformers movies, but from the previews, I want to see this Transformers: The Last Knight. Anything with swords, armor, Arthurian themes, and a dragon in the trailer is awesome in my book.

allison17, Dracoa and Neophyte like this.