1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what's the last movie you've seen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thattechguy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Son4mother

Son4mother Trusted.Member

I think it's more because Toriyama hadn't really done anything more with it. It comes down as the big difference between the comic book and related movie world here in the US versus what it is in Japan. Here in the US, the companies (Marvel, DC, etc.) own the rights to the series, so when the various creators and writers for those series are done with their story and don't have anything more to add the companies just hire someone new to add to the story. In Japan, the rights seem to stay more with the creators of the various series; they write their stories with their characters and when they are finished with the story they want to tell, burnt out on that specific series, or just don't have any new ideas then the series ends. It is also likely that other Japanese manga/anime writers won't take over a different writers series to continue it without the blessing of the original author.

All that said, I had watched a fan-subbed version of it a several months ago (well before they even talked about doing a US theatrical release of it). It was a rather interesting movie and it was nice to see something that filled in some of the time gap in the series, plus the fact that it actually is canon for the series.

Princess Amy likes this.
  2. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

There are rumors going around that Akira Toriyama is planning the Dragon Ball Z manga continuation and it follows the story line set after the movie "Battle of Gods" which means that the DBZ multiverse would get explored.
    The Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods movie rekindled the hopes of DBZ fans that the most recognizable anime/manga series of all time would be continued and if the reports are true, then we would get to see the Dragon Ball Z manga continuation!
    According to JapNation AniManga, The Dragon Ball Z manga continuation would follow after the end of Battle of Gods and it would explore the "Super Saiyan God" mythos as well as the roles of the "gods of destruction" as it was revealed in the movie that there are other universes with their own god of destruction.
    JapNation AniManga also reported that the Dragon Ball Z manga continuation would go back to its roots as an "adventure" story similar to the original series compared to the DBZ manga that focused too much on the battles and the "bad guy of the week" format. The story is rumored to be Goku, under the training of Whis and Bills would travel the DBZ multiverse in order to learn more about the "Super Saiyan God" form and why it exists. Of course, it is also rumored that the "main bad guy" of the manga would be the most powerful god of destruction who also happens to be THE Super Saiyan God.
    However it should be noted that Akira Toriyama himself hasn't confirmed the Dragon Ball Z manga continuation but with the fans asking for him to continue the manga as well as Toriyama himself delving more into the DBZ mythos by revealing Goku's mother, it could happen that the Dragon Ball Z manga continuation announcement would come.

Son4mother likes this.
  3. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

RED 2, the Fugitive and Switch Blade.

Neophyte likes this.
  4. realmark

realmark Big brother

Oh, man. I wasted two hours of my life last night watching the new Godzilla movie.

kedvesem likes this.
  5. kedvesem

kedvesem Sister-slave

It was truly terrible. Its only "redeeming feature" was not being the absolute worst movie I have ever seen.

realmark likes this.
  6. realmark

realmark Big brother

That would be The Fountain, followed by The Tree of Life, followed by Barbarella, followed by Sharknado. Event Horizon is down there, too.

kedvesem likes this.
  7. kedvesem

kedvesem Sister-slave

At least I had the sense to refuse to watch "Cannibal: the Musical". :)

realmark likes this.
  8. realmark

realmark Big brother

Me, too.

kedvesem likes this.
  9. Princess Amy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The major problem with this latest TMNT product -- well, aside from its impersonal nature, mediocre performances, sloppy script and unseemly visual style -- rests with the title characters themselves.

Neophyte likes this.
  10. Grizzly Bear78

Grizzly Bear78 Trusted Member

Need For Speed!

11. Princess Amy

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is back by popular demand! Thanks to the overwhelming response by fans, we were able to add additional showtimes on Tuesday, August 12th!

Click here to find a theater near you: http://funi.to/1q5zfE9

1.jpg

go DBZ FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!.

12. hmble

hmble Trusted Member

great movie.

13. Princess Amy

Terminator Salvation

Everything that made the Terminator films great is absent in this film. The violence, the terror, the basic fear is gone ... In this film, children defeat a terminator.

14. Princess Amy

Superman/Doomsday

Easily the most disappointing entry in the DC Comics animated film catalogue

15. Princess Amy

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans is as unnecessary as it is uninvolving. Only fans desperate to learn how the whole vampire-werewolf conflict began are likely to get anything out of this viewing experience.

Neophyte likes this.
  16. Princess Amy

The Dark Knight Rises

No villain could come close to matching Ledger's inspired Joker, but give Hardy credit for supplying Bane with plenty of conviction and gravitas in a movie that, frankly, is less about actors than knockout set pieces captured in eyeball-popping spectacles.

Neophyte likes this.
  17. bitw

bitw Trusted Member

saw the whole Batman Trilogy today. The Dark Knight is still my favorite.

18. bronzeswimmer

bronzeswimmer Pretty friendly, definitely helpful, PM away

Last one I saw was Pirates od the Carribean, well one of them lol...I think Davy Jones is a decent villian. ...but I have to agree that the joker was the best villian I've ever seen.

19. Princess Amy

300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE

i just love this damn movie!.

20. bronzeswimmer

bronzeswimmer Pretty friendly, definitely helpful, PM away

I feel dumb for passing it off when it was in theatre, I thought it was going to be poop.