1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What's Happening to the World

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Neophyte

3. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Watched that too, and was going to post it here also. Made me want to bang my head to the wall. I mean, why!

What they are trying to accomplish by saying such nonsense, and I'm not talking about Tim Poole here.
    That "doctor" is living in a bubble that is so small and is so tinted in green and red that makes her to write such crap.

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Neophyte

9. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

That is wholesome.

Neophyte likes this.
  10. Neophyte

11. Neophyte

12. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

You realize for "public health and safety" they have pretty wide latitude right?

Let me pose these three questions?

1. Why is it "obey the cops. Just shut your mouth and do what you are told!" right up to the moment someone with Conservative Views is told something they dont like? We have seen so many cases where cops made up law, or even admitted it was opposite to the law and "Just obey my orders or else!" and the response from Conservatives was "obey now. File complaint at a later date." or "You will get your day in court. COMPLY NOW!".

2. You realize that for over a century the cities, states, etc can limit the number of people in a space. It is called fire code. That was not elected and voted on. It just is.

3. Isnt this the side that yells "Of the People! By the People! For the People!" followed by "But the electoral college is NEEDED or else the majority would be the majority. And small states would not get a large say!"? Also see #1 because they are saying the "people should decide what can be enforced" while the normal message is "POLICE. IN. CHARGE. OBEY!".

13. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Pretty sure the Electoral College exists so that everything between NYC and LA has ANY say at all.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  14. buffyfan

So. Again. So that the MAJORITY does not decide. BTW. The four most populous states are CA, TX, FL and NY. You also realize that it takes 10 or 11 states total if they all vote together to win it right? If TX ever went Blue? CA, TX, FL, IL, PA, WI, MI, MA, MN, NC, OH plus ONE other state is 270 right?

But, mostly, the Founders meant the Congress and EC to grow. We capped it in the 20s. Now if we were to add say PR to the US States? Those 4 lose electors. Because, for some reason WY had less than 415 thousand total population of voting age and has 3. CA has 27.1 million of voting age and has 55. That is WY 183k per elector and CA 494k per elector. This is not about them having "a say". This is about those flyovers having TOO MUCH say. A population minority elects president in the end. But the bigger issue is the "Winner take all in most states. Electors by % won. Dems get a say in TX and other states. Rs get a say in NY and CA and others.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  15. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Take away the EC and the "flyover" states don't get any say at all. You understand that right? The ivory tower elites on the coasts get to decide what the "peasants" in the middle of America do without the EC. Without the EC, the coastal cities have TOO MUCH say. I'd rather the majority of America have too much say than a couple of cities have too much say. Clearly you'd prefer the opposite.

16. Neophyte

You did the calculations wrong. Electoral College is based on 2 senators and the number of representatives, and the representatives are based on population, so Wyoming gets 1 for 415 thousand(a minimum of 1 for any state) and California gets one per 511 thousand.

17. Neophyte

1. Conservative say respect the police, they don't say blind obedience.

2. Fire code only applies inside of a building or structure.

3. Isn't that quote from the Gettysburg Address. Conservative usually say follow the Constitution.

By the way, that video is from Canada.

18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

And THAT IS THE TRUTH OF IT.

Dane likes this.
  19. buffyfan

No. on 1. A lot of Conservative people say "Be quiet. Speak when given permission, not before. They will tell YOU what they feel YOU need to know WHEN THEY FEEL YOU NEED TO KNOW IT!". There is a large segment (have to go by the vocal group) who think asking what the charge is "IS RESISTING!". Asking for a search warrant "IS RESISTING!". Trust me. I make an AMAZING living off of cops who think resisting means anything short of "Yes Sir. I will await your next order sir.". When I was a DA? I had to drop cases weekly because NYPD arrested some person for "not being polite to me" and no other reason. As in they walked by and flipped the cop off, then when they did not stop and take the cop's lecture? "RESISTING!". One got fired because he MADE up laws, then enforced them as if they were real. Including arresting people for "resisting" when they knew it was BS and did not just "Comply". I even got 2 Nassau Cops fired about 15-ish years ago.

Got stopped after a truly long day, was a DA at the time in NYC. It was 11pm. He was new and high on his new power. Stops me for supposedly running a stop sign. Holds me for 25 minutes arguing about where MY HOUSE was and how it was on the other side of town and why am I on this side of town at 11 at night since he knows......... blah blah blah. Sat there, let him do his thing for a while. At about 25 minutes in I finally said "Look. I know where I live. I litterally bought this house that I GREW UP IN from my PARENTS. I have been working since 5am. I am going home. Give me the ticket or mail it to me. I am leaving.". He flipped his shit. Said he could arrest me for that, signaled his parnter. I told him "I dont want to leave my car. I will meet follow you to the 4th. I am cooperating. I just dont want to leave my car on the street." Followed. We walked in. When the Desk Sgt saw me, knew me, and was a wise ass? Went full old irish man. "Weeeeellllll noooooow. What did you do now?" hiding his smile. The two told him how I resisted. His smile went to a full laugh. "I think this is a case for the Lieutenant.". The cops were shocked. Why was the shift boss involved. He came out (Larry is the man) and said "*name* what is going on.". Life drained from their faces that he knew me (family friend). Heard the story. Just said, "You only took out the license huh? not the whole wallet. Why dont you show them what is under that credit card flap." Took it out, showed them the NYC DA badge and they almost fell to the ground. He told them "You attempted to bully someone who probably has more powerful friends in Nassau Law Enforcement and government than you know people in it. I have a feeling you wont have jobs next week." Three days actually.

On 2. Fire code actually applies to anything that is a business. A beach club has a fire code. Even though it is "outdoors" it has a legal limit on the space. But that was more in reference to people who say it violates their rights to say how many can be in an indoor business at a time.

3. Used in Gettysburg. Supposedly said by Founders before that, just not in any of the "Official Documents Printed".

20. Betullabond

Betullabond Trusted.Member

I'm so glad I read The Unseen Voice. Oh don't worry guys it's the history of radio broadcasting in Australia. We had a BBC type service AND an American commercial radio service side by side.Of course we had to buy a radio licence every year to support the Australian Broadcasting Commision. That was fun during the 1930s ecomonic depression; the aveage bloke having to buy a radio licence so rich people could listen classical music, cook gourmet meals and learn to speak French. Not that it matters these days with the media, politics and education thoroughly inflitrated by Frankfurt School Cultural-Marxism.

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.