1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what is your political ideology every one of us has an ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by italianoraw, Aug 29, 2018.

?

what is your political ideology

1. liberal

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. secular

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. religious

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. democrat

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

So. The POTUS basically said "I can change the 14th Amendment with an EO if I choose. Or a simple majority. Legal experts, smart ones, good ones, told me so." One. I repeat ONE R in Congress said "No you cant Donald.". And it was Ryan on his way out this week. If Congress is a "check" on him, why are the silent? Afraid they will lose their seat if they do their job instead of keeping silent?

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

So. Lets test the No Gun Control. Should felons have guns? If not, please show me the line in the Amendment, not "personal beliefs", that allows that. Now, if we let that regulation in? Why are others banned. That is one that is NOT in the Amendment proper.

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Your response doesn't seem to have anything to do with Dane211 or pussycat's posts. Can you explain why them wanting a Candidate that doesn't want to create more Gun Control Laws have to do with whether or not it's in an Amendment.

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I do not believe an EO is enough to change it. But if congress doesn't want to fight it, it is then fought in the legal round. Which takes years to conclude a decision.
    Obama knew this too. He did an illegal EO on about 9 occasions but they couldn't be undone until he was out of office by Trump.
    Legal actions against a few were taken, but not all because Congress also knew it would only last till the next election. If Hillary won, the lawsuits
    would've been followed through to their end.

The best part of this, if Hillary won and those EO stayed in place, the House and Senate knew they would answer to us, the voters.
    Are they afraid? Yes, of US, the VOTERS!, not the president.

I just looked at the results, the Dems look like they've taken the House. ( not official yet ). So hell yes! they're afraid of us! The Reps didn't do enough
    to energize their voting base. The Dems did a much better job of it, and the results show why a lackluster campaign doesn't work.

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Democrats elected a dead man to the state senate in Nevada!!!

Just goes to show how Democrats vote only party lines. They don't have enough brains to check out which of the candidates are the better person. (And please don't say something inane like "they did vote the better person", that would only prove my point)

I, for one, always vote the man or woman, not the party.

Brutus58, Insp Gadget and Kalixtus like this.
  6. Kalixtus

Kalixtus Trusted Member

love your comment Dane^^

7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Thanks!

8. Neophyte

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

This seems to be the particular item in question. The point being made is that the President cannot change an Amendment by Executive Order. But the President can interpret the meaning and implementation by Executive Order. The phrase " and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" will probably be the focus of The Executive Order. I believe that it will state that since the Parents are here illegally, they are not acting as if they are subject to our jurisdiction and anything they do is done while not subject to our jurisdiction, including giving birth, therefore the anyone born here of Illegal Alien Parents need not be given Birthright Citizenship. No, Trump cannot stop Birthright Citizenship in the 14th Amendment by Executive Order, but he can interpret the definition of the 14th Amendment to exclude children born of illegal immigrant parents. Of course this would definitely go to the Supreme Court to see how it stands Constitutionally, but he is not trying to change the Constitution just interpret it in a more precise manner.

On a side note, this is exactly the same way that the Democrats are trying to change the 1st, 2nd and a few other Amendments. They are being hypocrites arguing against it. The fact that they have tried to do it themselves have come back to slap them in the face. Turn about is fair play.

Brutus58, Dane and Kalixtus like this.
  9. orlando

orlando Trusted Member

liberal and secular

10. Seeker897

Seeker897 Trusted Member

Dear Brutus,
    I whole heartedly agree with everything you have stated. Liberals have become too radicalized and control the party by terrorists means. I have always been a constitutional conservative and a libertarian and vote accordingly. Term limits are needed and some sort of vetting process is also necessary. Few if any actually serve their country any more and are only there to accrue power and self interests.
    Sincerely,
    Seeker897

Dane likes this.
  11. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

If you mean Dennis Hof, he was a Republican, and a Pimp. And I'm sure he favoured traditional family values, for other people.

12. Kypte

Kypte Account Deleted

Conservative.

13. Neophyte

Hof was originally a Democrat, but became disillusioned with the Party during the Obama years. He then transitioned to the Libertarian Party and finally to the Republican Party in 2016. Its interesting to note that the people hated Democrats so much that they wanted a dead Republican over a live Democrat.

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Seeker897

Seeker897 Trusted Member

Dear Sockpuppet,
    I have always thought of myself as a constitutional conservative / libertarian. I would prefer the government, on all levels ,to be as small as possible and not able to control our activities or monitor our lives.
    Sincerely,
    Seeker897

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.