1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what is your political ideology every one of us has an ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by italianoraw, Aug 29, 2018.

?

what is your political ideology

1. liberal

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. secular

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. religious

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. democrat

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

The United States is like the parent and the rest of the World are like the children. When you have the fun and lenient parent like Obama, that will give all the kids anything they ask for, they love the parent, but when you have the strict parent that will say no instead of spoiling the children like Trump, then the children throw a temper tantrum and scream we hate you.

TriadSibling, oldman681 and Brutus58 like this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

And if you take away the cell phones for sexting , they kill the parent!

Neophyte and itshot like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

What part of our administration do you consider can't be trusted? Maybe the part where all the other countries benefitted at our expense while we got nothing or nearly nothing in return?
    Canada is being abused by the rest of the world as we are. Not by the same amount of course, because of the production of goods is vastly higher in the U.S.
    Because of that, Canada doesn't feel the same impact that we do.

I'm all for him starting this tariff war. It's well past time to level the playing field.
    The media and most foreign countries refuse to convey the whole message.
    Namely the part where President Trump said " If these countries drop all , or agree to drop, all of their tariffs, we'll do the same".

Is it Norway that just took us up on that deal? But you don't hear anything in the biased media touting that info.
    We just worked a deal with Mexico, and a deal is in the works with Canada.

Now please don't get me wrong, I feel the increase to Canada was a big misstep by Trump. NAFTA was a first step. But changing things with Canada before
    a rewrite of NAFTA was wrong. Trump should have gone to the bargaining table before any decision was made.
    But even though Canada had lower tariffs to us as compared to us to them, ( US 1.6% , Canada 0.8 %), one has to remember that Canadians benefitted,
    in some cases, over a 100% better price on a lot of prescription drugs made in the USA. Drugs that cost, lets say, $1 a pill in Canada were (are) over $10 a pill to us.

I would rather stay on the positive, and expect an outcome where the US and Canada have a 100% tariff free trade agreement on products manufactured
    in country. (No importing something from another country that has high tariffs on us and then abusing the agreement by shipping those products
    manufactured elsewhere and then sold across the border just to avoid the tariffs).

The U.S. and Canada should have the closest and most open relationship as possible.
    I don't think those in power in either country realize the great impact to improve the lives all citizens of both countries if they were to stop flexing muscle
    and see a future of the greatness of a tight North America.

Brutus58, TriadSibling and jillicious like this.
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Dane211, I agree with some of what you said, although your opening sentence is a bit puzzling. I would think the answer is self evident.

What people (Americans, mostly) seem to ignore is that we (Canada) never wanted a free trade agreement in the first place. It was the US that forced it on us. If I were Trudeau I would simply tell you to stick it. It might hurt us in the short term, but in the end we would be way better off.

However, the strategy employed by Trudeau and Freeland isn't without merit. Keep bargaining, sign nothing and wait for the US mid term elections. When the Democrats gain control of the house, we can let them fight our battle for us. Hell, it might just work.

:)

5. Mek

Mek Trusted.Member

Royalist. Devolve parliament, restore the Empire and long live the Queen!

More seriously though, my political leanings are generally determined by whichever party I feel is most likely to provide the best future for the country, and usually only make a decision on which way to vote in the week before the ballots open. That is not to say that I don't care about politics, I do. I am just very methodical in researching the parties and policies, and listening to all the debates and arguments beforehand. Subsequently I have voted for a different party at each of the last three elections.

The issue is that I have strong political opinions, which do not conform to any one party. My views on welfare benefits, national defense, foreign policy could all be considered Right Wing, but my housing, work, social and healthcare views are very much far Left Wing. I am a fierce supporter of the performing arts in my nation and culture in general, but I am also a firm supporter of the nation's armed forces too. Apparently, according to one of my local politicians, these views are thought to be extremely contradictory, at least in political terms. I don't really understand why this is... I have been a member of the armed forces theatrical organisation for many years! But it seems I am out numbered on that one...

Even so... it is my belief that the world will never see true peace until the entire world is united under one flag and there is true equality for all.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree that if the Democrats gain control of the presidency and house and senate, there is no doubt that Canada will profit.
    As well as the rest of the world, especially central Africa
    because they, the liberal democrats are willing to give away everything,
    including our sovereignty.
    They totally have a self loathing idealism.

So yes, I can understand why you, as a Canadian, want
    The democrats to gain control.
    That way you, and the rest of the world, benefit at our expense.

Brutus58 and TriadSibling like this.
  7. pussycat

Sure. We find that a much better outcome than the USA benefiting at our expense.
    But there's still not much point to it. The whole idea of a trade deal is to establish a set of rules to play by. The USA is very good at insisting on rules, but has a horrible track record of playing by them. My attitude is simple, just don't bother. Let America put up all the barriers they want, we have a whole wide world we can do business with. It will take a few years for us to adjust, but we'll be way better off. Diversification is safety. Isolationism is ultimately suicide.

8. Jstory

Jstory Trusted Member

I personally believe in a state run government. I do not like the federal overreach. The democrats and republicans are using us against each other.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

We import 6 times more than we export. So I disagree with your last statement.
    I understand, and would agree completely with your position if I was Canadian. But at this point, as an American, I am glad there is SOMETHING being
    done instead of just the status quo. Our last president was very charismatic and a good orator, but really didn't do much else to effectively change
    anything for the long term.

Internally, Obama changed some things for the better - DACA- but he did that, and most other things in a barely legal way, and in no way,
    longstanding. ( Instead of doing via the law process, he bypassed the congress and the reason why they're there, by decreeing Executive Order).
    He didn't do anything about the trade imbalance, or the horrible tax laws we have.

But as a last note of the trade disagreements in process, I feel a completely open trade pact would benefit everyone and also not benefit everyone.
    There would be both good and not-so-good for every country, just in different ways. But on the whole, the world would benefit as it would
    level the playing field.

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree WHOLE HEARTILY with that. I think a check-and-balances by having multiple parties in charge is good. The problem now with ours,
    as opposed to the founding fathers, is that most of our politicians are untrustworthy and strictly self centered.
    All they care about is what's good for congress and no one else. Look to their health and retirement benefits as compared to non-politicians.

Brutus58 and Jstory like this.
  11. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

That is why it is best to have opposing sides in Leg and Exec, but should work together. Because when EITHER SIDE has both they can "order and fund" their agenda.

TriadSibling and Brutus58 like this.
  12. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

People need to remember. Trump can NOT actually back out of NAFTA and just enact his new one by himself. He needs to remember this is NOT Trump Inc. He does not decree, make the deal and it is. Unless he wants to do it via Caveat and not Treaty. A Treaty like NAFTA's replacement requires, if presented today, 17 Ds. Constitutional required majorities can not be changed by Mitch to get Trump's way. 2/3 not a simple majority. Also, my standard note to SOME Conservatives. You have a 1 seat (without McCain filled again it is 50-49). Contrary to some claims, I shit you not people said this, you do not get to cast that vote since the person was your party. One defection on things right now is a loss not a tie. You also only have 23 seats if I remember correctly in the House. The majorities are not what SOME pretend they are. A "mandate" would be holding the WH and a minority proof majority (meaning at least 67 in the Senate).

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Neophyte

California tried to put term limits on its politicians but Feinstein and Boxer took the Term limit law to the Supreme Court and had Federal Politicians exempt from the State Law, so they could continue in their offices. So much for the will of the people in California. If the people had their way the Democrats would have been thrown out years ago.

Brutus58 and TriadSibling like this.
  14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I am wondering exactly why you listed "religious" instead of/or for, or why not add in, Republican?
    But you listed both liberal and democrat?
    I wouldn't necessarily consider all Republicans as religious, same as all democrats as liberals ( though I agree most of each party are so).
    A lot of liberal are secularist also, if not, then they are spiritual in a non- monotheistic belief.
    Other than the blacks of America, which tend more to be Christian democrats.

In either case, the Democrats seem, as a whole, a people who are intent to bring down America.
    The black (most are Democrat) of this country are always screaming "Victim!", the other ethnic " I'm glad I'm here!, (except for the Vietnamese, who gloat in their disdain for us).
    The right say "We won't listen to what the left say", the left say "We hate the right, they won't change to OUR way".

The liberals and democrats, as a whole, seem to have a destructive and violent mindset. (To the point they even destroy their own neighborhoods to make their point of opposition.
    Most rioting is to their own neighborhood, destroying and looting the very businesses that supply their wants and needs. All the while screaming " We are being Victims!,
    at the exact same time they are being the aggressor and perpetrator).
    ( Proof? When Obama or Clinton was elected, not one Republican rioted, when Trump was elected, Democrats rioted just a few blocks away and in other cities, other liberals
    burned flags and such. Other instances is when an ethnic person is killed by law enforcement when in the act of trying to kill an officer, rioting against the officer
    is their response. )

Same with Bush, when he was elected there were screams of protest all over the liberal states. Never, ever, heard that about a Republican state about a Democrat
    being elected. Democrats are like toddlers, they scream when things don't go their way, and giggle and squeal with delight when they do.
    Liberals think with their misguided emotions instead of their minds.

Please don't take this as a biased or prejudice rant. I am only stating facts. We live in a country whos people love to point fingers at everyone else for what is going
    wrong, but refuse to see " The beam in your own eye". ( A Biblical quote about being critical of others while never fixing what is wrong with oneself).

Kalixtus, Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  15. pussycat

Dane211, why do you think the original question was directed at Americans? "republican" only really applies in a US sense,
    the options he posted are generally recognised worldwide.
    Even then, using myself as an example, I am a conservative by the standards of my society, but it would be a frosty day in hell before I would ever vote "republican" (assuming I could).
    By the standards of most western society, the USA is a very right wing country under any circumstances, and your Republican party is somewhere right of Mussolini. So the terminology used - any terminology - is going to have a different context depending on who is reading it.

16. Neophyte

Mussolini was a Leftest. He believed in doing everything our Democrat Party does, he would applaud their behavior. The Liberals here believe what they are told to believe, instead of finding out the truth on their own.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You're right. I was trying to express what Inspector Gadget said about the choices being limited.
    Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

A little right of conservative.

Which fact leads me to point out that the survey choices are not as inclusive as they might have been. :)

18. pussycat

Here?
    You mean on this site?

19. Neophyte

I meant here in the United States, but what did you think of Trump before you were told to think of him as a racist, fascist Nazi. What was your opinion before you were given one.

20. pussycat

I thought he was a bullshit used car salesman, and I still do.

My professional opinion is that he is a delusional psychopath.

Any other questions?

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.