1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What is the latest book you are reading

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Since I am fighting Depression right now I am reading " THE SHACK.where tragedy confronts Eternity " the author is WM.Paul Young. It is a non fiction book. It's about his little daughter being kidnapped and what he went through Afterwards. I was told it was suppose to help people with depression and what he went through. I just started reading it but I would not tell the ending anyway. :)

LoverBoy and Princess Amy like this.
  2. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

Sagas

are stories mostly about ancient Nordic and Germanic history, about early Viking voyages, the battles that took place during the voyages, about migration to Iceland and of feuds between Icelandic families. They were written in the Old Norse language, mainly in Iceland.

LoverBoy and allison17 like this.
  3. Princess Amy

The Viking Sagas: Ralf Moeller, Ingibjörg Stefánsdóttir

LoverBoy and allison17 like this.
  4. pikeman

pikeman Trusted.Member

5. Ruthborn

Ruthborn Account Deleted

Lately I've been going through the Richard Castle "Nikki Heat" series (yes, they actually produced the books from the show)

Princess Amy and allison17 like this.
  6. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Working my way through The Hunger Games Trilogy just now.

Strider, Princess Amy and allison17 like this.
  7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I also think there is a comic series of " Nikki Heat" if I am not mistaken. :)

LoverBoy and Princess Amy like this.
  8. valentinebunny

valentinebunny Daddy's Little Bunny

"Hitch 22" by Christopher Hitchens

Princess Amy likes this.
  9. Ruthborn

Ruthborn Account Deleted

Really? hm.... further research is required. I know that the Derick Storm series is out there.

allison17 likes this.
  10. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

Dark Space A sci-fi series of 6 books about people that are ruled by an artificial intelligence that thinks he's God and reserects humans when they die and makes them immortal. I'm currently on the final book 6.

allison17 and Princess Amy like this.
  11. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I'm rereading an anthology called "With Friends like These" written by Alan Dean Foster. Next I'll reread the follow-up anthology by Foster, called "Who Needs Enemies".

Princess Amy likes this.
  12. Princess Amy

The death of super man.

allison17 and LoverBoy like this.
  13. Sointo

Sointo New Member

The Hobbit by J. R. R Tolkien. I hadnt read it before but the LOTR trilogy are my favorite books, read them several times while in my teens. Also i hsdnt seen the hobbit movies and wanted to read it first. It felt way different and not as poetic in language as the trilogy

Strider and allison17 like this.
  14. LoverBoy

LoverBoy Trusted Member

@Allison: When you have a bad time, remember that there are people who care for you :)

And you asked for the latest book: I'm reading a book written by Mickey Spillane. He was the first author who wrote about sex and crime back in the 1940s. The book is called "Sexbomber". But I'd say that it isn't Spillane's best book.

15. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I just started reading mine. it's hard for me to read it without starting to cry. I hope I can get through it before I have to return it to the library.

16. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I know there are and most of them are right here in this forum. :)

They are my family because I have no real ones left that I know of.

LoverBoy likes this.
  17. muffdiver

http://landers.bookbub.com/covers/?source=ba_brand-brand

Go to this site and sign up for free books from amazon. http://landers.bookbub.com/covers/?source=ba_brand-brand They will send them to your email every day. I have over 245 books stil to read and adding more every day. You will need the Kindle e-reader for PC from amazon and it's free. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UB76290/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o05_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dad

allison17 likes this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Or that I would claim. :mad:

19. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I don't mind going to the library dad. usually if I haven't read it all they will let me check it out again while I am there. Thanks for the info though. :)

20. muffdiver

It's good for the winter months when you can't get out and able to go to the library Sweetheart.

Dad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.