1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Video Games You're Playing NOW?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .John.Doe., Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

The game is good, and they are based on some sort of historical setting with a plot that has a historical basis, but nearly the whole game series is fiction.

It's like the movie Forrest Gump... Yes these events happened, but the idea of one man being around or even being personally involved with all those major historical events for the United States is pretty far fetched.

That's how you have to look at the Assassin's Creed series... A slant that may touch on history but shouldn't be taken as facts.

TriadSibling likes this.
  2. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

Of course it is mostly fiction, when talking about "learning about history", I was talking more about the "Discovery Mode Tour"

SecretWishes likes this.
  3. SecretWishes

Hmm? I haven't really played the series, but I am familiar with the general basis.

This "Discovery Mode Tour" piqued my interests. Please tell me more about it.

4. whitecoffee1

It is a "Gamemode" outside of the "Story Mode", where you walk around differnt scenarios and there are points where someone tells you about "living in ancient egypt", the pyramids, mummyfication, gods, agriculture, etc.

The discovery tour was not included when the game had been first released, it was later implented via a patch.

SecretWishes likes this.
  5. SecretWishes

Ooh! I like that idea... been a while since a game interested me due to culture (whether it's own fictional or otherwise)...

I may get into the series... What game(s) have the tour?

6. whitecoffee1

Those who have the "Tour Mode" (that I am aware of) are "Origins" and "Oddysey (set in ancient greece)" I only played Origins.

The only bone to pick with it, is about the difficulty settings of the game. "Normal" sometimes feel too easy, but on higher difficulties, some of the skills you can use, are pretty much useless, and so you keep using the same skills that work over and over again.

SecretWishes likes this.
  7. whitecoffee1

8. SecretWishes

Darn country restrictions...
    [​IMG]

I'm unable to view it... Oh well... I'll just buy the game (more likely borrow it from a friend)

9. whitecoffee1

I am sorry.

SecretWishes likes this.
  10. SecretWishes

Yeah... I think I just might buy it just for that... and it's giving me new ideas for my programming as well... I'll keep you guys posted on the Programmers thread when I hash that idea out more... Thanks again @whitecoffee1 ... I'm giving you a hottie point!

EDIT: Here's the programmer's thread. I like helping people learn to start making their own games or other pieces of software too.
    http://www.ins-dream.com/forum/index.php?threads/making-video-games.64931/

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  11. whitecoffee1

Also, in case you only care for the Discovery Tour, rather than the entire game, you might consider watching some else walking through this mode on youtube.

But if you can borrow it from a friend .... GO FOR IT! ;)

You're welcome. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2019
    SecretWishes likes this.
  12. whitecoffee1

Does anyone have heard of, or even played this game?:

10999.jpg

It's an old point-and-click-adventure-game set in a post-apocalyptic scenario, based on a short-novel of the same name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Have_No_Mouth,_and_I_Must_Scream_(video_game)

--------

I am a big fan of the old classic 90ies Adventure Games in general. Especially the old classics from LucasFilm Games/LucasArts. (Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, The Dig, etc.)

but also those from Sierra, like King's Quest or Police Quest.

.... and more ....

I have many of these games still today, and I replay them from time to time, to drown in "Nostalgia."

--------

PS: Special thanks to @SecretWishes for her permisson to "mess around" with her profile picture.

SecretWishes likes this.
  13. Subliminal

Subliminal Trusted Member

Super Mario World
    A classic

14. Exelbirth

Exelbirth Trusted Member

The past week has been a trip down nostalgia lane for me: Luigi's Mansion, Borderlands, and Rockband 2.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  15. whitecoffee1

Just finished a playthrough of the game that inspired this work of art:

837864.jpg

16. SecretWishes

That's pretty morbid... what game is that?

17. Sly Von

Sly Von Trusted.Member

Looks like DOOM

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  18. whitecoffee1

DOOM 2 to be exactly.

19. Furcest

Furcest Trusted Member

League of Legends mostly, there was a new game called Remnant From the Ashes that I love.
    Strategy games like Warcraft and Age of Empire 2 I played.

20. SecretWishes

[​IMG]
    (Sorry... I couldn't find a female version of my reaction)

Well I feel like a dodo bird... I should have known. I saw the Cacodemon at the bottom and couldn't get "Beholder" from Dungeons and Dragons out of my head... but I knew it wasn't D&D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.