1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

United Airline

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Ok. I will assume everyone knows what has happened recently. As a business owner. WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK is wrong with this company?

2. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

I assume we're talking about them taking away a toddler's seat, rather than the numerous other PR nightmares that they've gone through just in the past few months.
    Honestly, at this point, I'm convinced that company is run by completely brainless idiots. I would have said monkeys, but I don't want to insult monkeys because, let's face it, even monkeys could run that company better at this point.

3. buffyfan

I am referring to that one, and all the others. Its like they dont learn .

TriadSibling likes this.
  4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Its probably because the employees have a bureaucratic mind set. They're confronted by conflicting directives and they are going with the one that requires the least effort and thinking for themselves, at the moment. If they took a moment and actually used their brains, they may have been able to avoid some of these incidences, but thinking is not a requirement of bureaucrats. I would contend that many such incidences occur all the time and we only hear about the ones that blows up in their faces, so just imagine the ones we don't hear about.

pussycat likes this.
  5. buffyfan

I would say it has to do with United's refusal to change. You heard little here and theres about AA over the years. But it usually got fixed fast and there was no repeat.

The problem with United seems to be, and I would love to get their training classes on tape, as they seem to train their FAs and gate agents like this. "At the gate? Or on the plane? You are GOD. If they do not obey? Have them arrested."

Neophyte likes this.
  6. Neophyte

Like most bureaucracies, the workers at the bottom do little to no creative thinking. What little they do think is how to follow the directives coming from the top. The workers don't usually go around saying "how can I screw over these people today". They go "these are the companies policies, so I will follow them or lose my job". There is no personal accountability if your following orders. The workers don't need to change, the executives making the policies need to change.

7. buffyfan

Well. Part of the problem comes from FAA directives that, for the sake of "safety" post 9/11.

pussycat likes this.
  8. Neophyte

The FAA is another bureaucracy with similar problems. I think if the policy makers had to work as ticket agent or flight attendant for a month or two before they were allowed to make policy, then there might be better policies.

TriadSibling likes this.
  9. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

That should be a requirement for all policies and laws. If it were, I'd have to agree, we'd have better policies and laws all around, including better healthcare, better living wages, better working hours (no more working 50+ hours a week and have nothing to show for it), and dare I say; better government. Imagine if lawmakers were forced to live as a middle-class citizen before passing increased taxes; They'd be banned from accessing their millions at home, they'd have to find a job under the same circumstances as anyone else, in various areas around the nation, specifically in areas where the economy is still too low to support the people in any capacity. If policy makers of any kind had to suffer like everyone else, we'd have better policies. Of course, why make it a temporary thing? Why not apply policy to everyone from the very start, regardless of status? That's the 64 million dollar question.

Neophyte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.