1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Turkeys Dictator Screws up

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Akbloke, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

So...Turkeys Dictator of a leader has sought to inflame the relationship between our nations (Australia & New Zealand) with comments that go against what the founder of his Modern nation sought. Mustafa Kamal Ataturk sought so ensure that ANZACS would be treated like Turkeys own Sons.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has made comments that do NOT state the true feeling between our countries. He is trying to ensure that hatred is stirred up and trying to make out that Turkish Muslims were that target of last Fridays attack in Christchurch. Nothing could be further from the truth. He is also trying to give the impression that our Grandfathers were deliberately attacking Turkey because it was a Muslim country. Nothing could be further form the truth. The ANZAC Troops were sent ashore on 25 April 1915 to try to capture the then city of Constantinople (Istanbul) so that a path could be made to allow Allied supplies to get through to Russia in the Crimea.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan: I say to you....Learn the truth before you go mouthing off about history. You are supposed to be a modern leader of a nation, not one who stirs up HATRED!!!

EggHead, Red Beard and Brutus58 like this.
  2. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

People who remember the lessons history taught us are either students of the past , Have family that were effected by past events or actually lived through them . For example the Port Arthur massacre was forgotten to most people but due to the latest events in New Zealand it is being revisited . The young ones today were not born and have no idea of the horrors that happened during the world wars . Nor do they care if it doesn't effect them . But at least all these things are documented for those who do want to know . I know why we attacked at Gallipoli and I know the cost . But the Turkish were Muslim then as well but that wasn't the issue the problem was they had aligned their selves with Germany and the Austrian Hungarian Empire . I guess at the end of the day some megalomaniac is going to try to cause trouble somewhere and it is our job to stop them .

3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

This is an interesting discussion. And on the nationalist forums, much the same sentiments are expressed.

They take it further, and speculate that the NZ attacks were in fact intended from the planning stages 'to cause trouble' and 'to ensure that hatred is stirred up'. So the question most discussed is who benefits from such dissension. The backgrounds of Brenton Tarrant and the others are of much interest.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Akbloke like this.
  4. Akbloke

Quite true Stepdad. I knew of Gallipoli when I was quite young because Mum's Dad was there on the day, and stayed there until he was injured in late Aug 1915 and returned to NZ only to be immediately discharged from the NZEF and re-enlisted in the NZ Permanent Forces (he joined in 1912 and discharged in 1947). And you are very correct: It is our job to stop ALL megalomaniacs regardless of their persuasion.

He most likely was doing it to stir up more trouble Insp Gadget. But I do like PM Jacinta's idea of NOT mentioning his name again....and remembering the victims.

5. Akbloke

Oh...and now it seems as though we have taken Recep Erdoğan out of context. It is us who are wrong....(how many times have I heard a Muslim say that.....wish I had $5.00 for every time).

EggHead and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

My understanding is that there were a total of five terrorists. The MSM here have gone suddenly silent about their backgrounds, but Tarrant is known to have been a frequent visitor to Turkey, and to have spent significant periods of time in Israel starting in 2016. The manifesto he left is a professionally-prepared document, and his shell casings are apparently of Israeli manufacture. One terrorist left NZ for Israel before he could be detained, and the others are in custody.

I would expect closed trials, so that may be all that we end up knowing of the lot of them.

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

No matter how many trials it will never bring the dead back closed or otherwise . Mankind must learn from the past or it will never go forward .

Akbloke, Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  8. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I have a good friend who is of Turkish origin, he is a true gentleman and a Muslim.
    He despises Erdogan, who wants to drag Turkey back into the dark ages.

Akbloke and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Godfrey R.

Godfrey R. Trusted.Member

I read today in the Bloomberg financial online report that having lost the Turkish election, Erdogan has ordered that it be re-held. Democracy in action!

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Wasn't that attempted by the democrats after Clinton lost?

11. Godfrey R.

Godfrey R. Trusted.Member

Yes, but they mainly used objections to the underlying legality of the system, and could claim to have won the popular vote. Erdogan's grounds for repeating the election have not yet been made public. Will search the web! They must be there somewhere!

17 minutes later...
    From the New York Times:

The result of the election for Mayor of Istanbul held on 31 March 2019 has been overturned by judges of the High Election Council 7-4 for irregularities.
    Some polling station officials were not public officials as required by Turkish Law, and at Buyukcekmece, for example, two persons including a municipal worker in the census office were arrested for removing 3,000 names from the electoral roll and making 7,000 false entries by registering dwellers in non-existent or half-built properties. Democracy in action!

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.