1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

The Church and Laws

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I know why the legal system is set up the way it is. I know that the system used in the U.S. is better than most used throughout the World. I understand what the jobs of the Defense, Prosecution and the Judge are. But standing outside the System looking in, it appears that the System was designed to protect the guilty and punish the innocent. That's just the way it is.

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. vjagan

vjagan Trusted.Member

Yes,pruning of laws is a must in any system !

3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I have been on both sides of those cases. The issue is that we allow "common men" to be on juries. Example. Manafort trial. I have friends on that case on the State side. I saw what they presented. I have a BBA in Finance. I have worked Financial Crimes. It made ME dizzy. And we are expecting, potentially, a "Janitor" to understand it. There are jury issues passed that. They eliminate from the pool anyone with Finance training on financial cases. Anyone that understands law. Because Judges and Prosecutors want people pushed to their "View" of the law. I have heard VERY questionable Jury Instructions from Judges. I have heard Prosecutors (both when I was one and now) do things a judge should have had them brought up for Bar Review for. Judges who threw out evidence that would hurt the Prosecutions case in pre trial.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. Dreofanarchy

Dreofanarchy Uncle looking for his niece

I think the only time where the confidentiality doesn’t apply if they say they are going to do something aka murder or whatever. If it’s alre done a priest can’t say shit but they can if they are being told it’s going to happen. It’s very murky water

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.