1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

The Canada - US border

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by pussycat, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

There's been a lot of speculation about the US border agents possibly denying entry to the US by asking the question "have you ever smoked marijuana?" About to be perfectly legal here, but still a federal offense in the Backward States of America.

How about this when an American gets to Canada Customs: "Do you or have you ever owned a handgun?" If the answer is yes, you are denied entry. Forever. (it is generally a felony in Canada to own a handgun). Who cares if it's legal where you come from, you're obviously an undesirable.

Gets a bit silly, doesn't it?

Insp Gadget likes this.
  2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

The USA should be less concerned with any physical border between us, than they should be with the ever-widening border of values between our two Nations.

Over my lifetime, I have had the fortune to travel with some pretty nice luggage at times, and also times when I had to sling a backpack over my shoulder. And every damn time, there's a little Canadian flag on every damn piece of it. Because I want the people I meet elsewhere to know who I am, and where I come from.

The USAers like to call themselves Americans. And they are, and so are we. But we don't call ourselves Americans - and with good reason.

Think about that.

3. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

LOL LOl LOL You need to learn that Federal Agencies think they are their own little kingdom and rule by divine right. Just be nice, answer the question, don't volunteer anything, and say as little as possible and you are on your way.

4. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Or? Like every other Law Enforcement Agency that has gotten too "Full of itself", we as their employers make it clear that their Badge and saying words are not absolute law.

I "left" the AUSA because I was asked to forward an investigation with no basis to "win political points for those in power".

Antares likes this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Methinks as a neighbour, that it is telling that two USA folks of high intelligence are missing the greater point.

You are navel gazing while there is a bigger World out there.

pussycat likes this.
  6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

That seems to be quite common.

Then again, connectives differ.

:rolleyes:

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Insp Gadget

Bachman Turner in overdrive ...

We don't need your war machines.
    We don't need your ghetto scenes.