1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Soul of the Sixties

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Insp Gadget, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Stream of thought ... never been to Woodstock ... was sitting at the common room table at Innis College at times, talking about what we'd heard of it ... was likely glamourised then just as now.

Real stuff doesn't need enhancing ... Watkins Glen is the perfect place for a race or a concert ... gorgeous country ... driving down that wonderful winding road west-side of the Finger Lakes to get there ... the Grand Prix of the USA ... in a 1978 4-cyl Honda Civic ... no automatic nothing ... hell, yeah ... :)

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I wasn't old enough to drive, but my sister had her driving license. I tried to talk her into going to Woodstock. She almost agreed. Our parents over heard us. Took her keys away. It was their car after all. DAMN!!

Insp Gadget likes this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Insp Gadget

oldman681 likes this.
  5. mlh0

mlh0 Trusted Member

You guys ever watched Mad Men? I think it's the greatest tv show ever made, period, and one of the coolest things about it is that it makes you feel like you're living through the 60s. The show begins in 1960 and concludes in 1970. You get to see things change and evolve, and yet they don't do it in some stereotypical way. It feels very real and authentic to the way that big changes in culture happen very gradually. It's also less focused on the hippe/california scene and more on the New York end of things, although we do still get plenty of hippy stuff near the later part of the season.

Plus, it's filled with so many sexy actors and hot scenes. Seriously, this show is the bomb, and it's essential viewing for anyone who's a fan of the 1960s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

oldman681 and Brutus58 like this.
  7. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

Would of loved Woodstock but I did go to Sunbury and all the Hells Angels concerts at Broadford .

Insp Gadget likes this.
  8. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

9. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Pete Townshend windmill, 1968, by Art Kane

10. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

In the early seventies I worked for a pub band employed by their promoter as a roadie , they were little known at the time , The band's name was ACDC and the tour was called Lock Up Your Daughters . It was hard work but a lot of fun , a lot of piss, weed and sex . Never thought at the time that they would ever become what they are now .

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Little remembered event. 1970, I think, my parents went to a rock festival at Mosport (yes the race track), it had something like 100,000 people at it. I wish they still did things like that but today everything is so sanitized.
    And we were supposed to have a huge rock bash in Barrie this weekend but they cancelled it, less than a weeks notice. Something fishy there.

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and stepdad22 like this.
  12. pussycat

AC/DC put on a good show, saw them at Sars-stock. Everybody took a nap when the Stones performed, lol.

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and stepdad22 like this.
  13. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

14. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58, oldman681 and pussycat like this.
  15. pussycat

Oh so true

Insp Gadget likes this.
  16. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

17. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]