1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

So, What's Going On In Arkansas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lurkorn, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurkorn

lurkorn Trusted Member

Specifically, a place called (no joke) Bald Knob.

allison17 likes this.
  2. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

Just remember: "There are lies, dam lies, and statistics." Statistics can be made to say anything. You really need to see the route basis on how the data is collected.

Akbloke, pussycat and allison17 like this.
  3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I live in Arkansas and nothing is happening but the Government trying to kick the old people off of insurance who needs it the worst and of course social security. From what I have heard Arkansas is the incest capital of the USA.

4. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Bald knob is close to Possum grape, so whats so funny about bald Knob compared to possum grape?

Akbloke likes this.
  5. Antares

Try this one from Lancaster County, Pennsylania

along the same road

BlueBalls.....to.....Intercourse.....to.....Paradise

allison17 likes this.
  6. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Btw the city of Bald Knob is named after a big round stone setting on top of crawly's Ridge. population maybe 200 at the most and I am being nice to them by saying that many.

7. Antares

Sounds like my necck of the woods.....Village population = 340 Sheep = 222750 Goats = 22

allison17 likes this.
  8. eastcoastghost

eastcoastghost Trusted Member

Definitely agree with you on that one. Considering at the end of that quote it mentions NIBRS, the data is already considered pretty flawed to begin with because it's reporting system that depends first on crimes being reported correctly/accurately (human error, ambiguous data entry, and generalizing offenses happens frequently in all states) and then they require editing based on quality control parameters to make the original reporting that adheres to state and local laws most closely match the FBI definition in the system (which then generalizes the reporting even further ... i.e. an assault reported in Bald Knob could potentially be re-categorized as you're seeing in the link). Notice how the average age is zero and the typical victim is spouse? That's a red flag in the world of data ... in my office it wouldn't make to public eye

allison17 likes this.
  9. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I live 45 minutes from Kinmount.

:cool:

Stop smirking, you can laugh out loud.

:D:D

Akbloke and allison17 like this.
  10. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

It's not like they keep stats. I mean come on how many people are going into a police station and say I am having a incest relationship?

Akbloke and lurkorn like this.
  11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I don't give out personal info like the town I live in to the public. that is just to personal for my liking. All I give out is the State, I also don't laugh at where people live sometimes it's a choice and sometimes they are stuck there for different reasons. :)

12. pussycat

Allison, a 45 min radius is about the size of Rhode Island, lol. I'm not too worried.

People usually get a chuckle out of the name, even those who live there.

:)

allison17 likes this.
  13. Antares

which is just down the road from Waybegone. Next town is I Missed It
    where the welcome sign is on both ends of the same stick.

allison17 likes this.
  14. Antares

Which is a heck of a lot safer for a girl. Sometime back they advised girls to have their mail sent to J.A. Simmons instead of Jean Simmons. That way the person reading it doesn't know if it a man or woman. A lot of people have picked up on that including men.

allison17 likes this.
  15. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Funny city names

1/3

hilarious-city-names-1.jpg hilarious-city-names-2.jpg hilarious-city-names-3.jpg hilarious-city-names-4.jpg hilarious-city-names-5.jpg hilarious-city-names-6.jpg hilarious-city-names-7.jpg hilarious-city-names-8.jpg hilarious-city-names-9.jpg

16. slisse

17. slisse

18. Antares

Some embarrassing places to live, let alone explain.:D

allison17 likes this.
  19. lurkorn

lurkorn Trusted Member

20. pussycat

There's a sign says "One Mile Road". Somebody had a sense of humour, the road is about 200 ft long if that.

Nobody lives on it and it doesn't go anywhere.

I have the strange urge to put a "no U turn" sign at the end of it.

lurkorn and allison17 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.