1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

RIP Batman

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muffdiver, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

Adam West, one of the most iconic actors to ever wear the Batman cape and cowl, died on Friday at the age of 88.
    The West family shared the news on Facebook, writing that the actor died "after a short but brave battle with leukemia. He was a beloved father, husband, grandfather, and great-grandfather. There are no words to describe how much we'll miss him."

As soon as news broke, fans in Hollywood -- from comic book writers to film stars -- started to share their condolences and pay homage to their childhood hero.
    Burt Ward, who acted alongside West as Batman's Robin, spoke to Variety via a statement about losing a man he knew for more than 50 years.

“I am devastated at the loss of one my very dearest friends. We shared some of the most fun times of our lives together," Ward said. "Our families have deep love and respect for each other. This is a terribly unexpected loss of my lifelong friend. I will forever miss him. There are several fine actors who have portrayed Batman in films. In my eyes, there was only one real Batman that is and always will be Adam West. He was truly the Bright Night.”

Adam West as Batman was a big part of my teenage years watching him as Batman. I feel like I've lost a part of my family.

Muff

Adam West dies at 88: Hollywood pays homage to 'Batman' icon (ABC News)
    Adam West, one of the most iconic actors to ever wear the Batman cape and cowl, died on Friday at the age of 88.
    The West family shared the news on Facebook, writing that the actor died "after a short but brave battle with leukemia. He was a beloved father, husband, grandfather, and great-grandfather. There are no words to describe how much we'll miss him."
    Read: Adam West, star of 'Batman' TV series, dead at 88
    As soon as news broke, fans in Hollywood -- from comic book writers to film stars -- started to share their condolences and pay homage to their childhood hero.
    Burt Ward, who acted alongside West as Batman's Robin, spoke to Variety via a statement about losing a man he knew for more than 50 years.
    “I am devastated at the loss of one my very dearest friends. We shared some of the most fun times of our lives together," Ward said. "Our families have deep love and respect for each other. This is a terribly unexpected loss of my lifelong friend. I will forever miss him. There are several fine actors who have portrayed Batman in films. In my eyes, there was only one real Batman that is and always will be Adam West. He was truly the Bright Night.”
    Here's what others had to say about the man who inspired millions:

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

A great loss. I so enjoyed Batman in the 60's. I tried never to miss a new episode when they came out, and I've continued to watch it in reruns.

villager, allison17 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Always at the end of the show, Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel! Loved that show when I was young!

4. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

It was a wonderful show - began when I was in college, and I later watched them again with my young son.

Adam West Batman.jpg

Who knows, perhaps my son learned a bit of reading from the fight scenes ! :)

[​IMG]

villager and allison17 like this.
  5. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

Adam West WAS Batman. Michael Keaton, who played Batman, was Mister Mom.

6. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

Batman was a fun and campy television series,Adam West will be missed.

Insp Gadget and allison17 like this.
  7. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

He was the first Bat Man that I ever knew from a very early age (Mum was an 'Usherette in those days....and we could get in for free), and it took a long time before anyone else could step up to the mark and take his place....

May he now Rest in Peace.

villager, Insp Gadget and allison17 like this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

RIP Adam West... aka BATMAN. You brought a lot of fun to kids and adults in that time period. Gods Speed.

Batman_Adam_West-850x560.jpg

villager, Insp Gadget and Akbloke like this.
  9. Insp Gadget

Riddle Me This.jpg
    Can you help Batman, by solving the Riddler's final challenge ?

villager and allison17 like this.
  10. Insp Gadget

11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Insp Gadget likes this.
  12. gfdsq

gfdsq Trusted Member

RIP, great actor

Insp Gadget likes this.
  13. kimsi88

kimsi88 Trusted Member

I loved Adam West as Batman. Of all there were I think he was the best. My dad looks a lot like him.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  14. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

villager likes this.
  15. Insp Gadget

TV Guide February 1966.jpg Adam West.jpg

villager likes this.
  16. villager

villager Trusted.Member

So sadly will he be missed , I remember before I was aloud to watch the show after school , my mother said " you have to finish your homework first " . so many lie's at such a young age . but you could not miss a show because if you did what could you talk about at school the next day . Batman and robin . A show that could never be remade in today's world , it was such a campy over the top send up . it would be so incorrect and it would upset just about all the minority group's . may the " bat signal " never go out , and I hope that the rerun's never stop . Rest in peace Adam West

Insp Gadget likes this.
  17. goopera

goopera Trusted Member

so sad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.