1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Prayers for the Manchester Victims

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by bryan7635, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryan7635

bryan7635 Trusted.Member

Prayers for the victims of the Manchester bombing tonight

annab2 likes this.
  2. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Absolutely Bryan. My thoughts and prayers of solidarity go to those families affected by this horrific and extremely cowardly attack on so many young and innocent people who were only out having a good night of entertainment with their favorite singer. And the youngest victim was only 8 years old!!! Too young to think of hatred.

I've been to Manchester, but a long time ago now, and stand united with them, and all victims from around the world who have been subject to these low-lifes that continue to try and spread hate.

All that these so-called Islamist's achieve is to separate themselves further from humanity and drive the rest of civilization closer together. They are achieving the opposite of what they are trying to do.

May those that are injured have a speedy recovery, and those that are now departed rest in peace.

bryan7635, annab2 and fiji like this.
  3. fiji

fiji Trusted Member

Muslim is destroying Europe...

annab2 likes this.
  4. Akbloke

Fiji........Muslims are destroying themselves.....

They must ALL wake up and take full responsibility for the EVIL that their religion represents....and stop washing their hands of it.

annab2 likes this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I'd like to add my sympathies as well - my mother was a Lancs red rose.
    Lancashire.jpg

bryan7635, Akbloke and annab2 like this.
  6. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Ancestrally speaking, We are derived from Lancastrians as well!

I am in agreement
    Abolish, eradicate, exterminate this evil from the face of this planet!
    If the global naysayers start to complain, they too must go!
    No quarter shall be given, straight up, no more
    half-stepping or Bullshit will be tolerated,
    plain and simple!

That is a Red Rose promise!

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Akbloke

And being the son of a long line in my paternal line...I also step forth and stand alongside northerners......

(Although there has also been a wee bit of the white rose creep in now and again......Eeee bah gumm).

Cheers folks

PS: I would hate to have to be the one to tell the mother of the youngest lassie to have been killed that she has lost her dear child....but someone is going to have to do it when the mother comes around from her injuries.

annab2 and Insp Gadget like this.
  8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

This is a tragic event. Whether you're a York or a Lancaster, you have a common cause. There can only be so much before the people start demanding that something more be done. Some are afraid that people's rights will be infringed, but the longer the authorities debate and stall the greater the likelihood that the civil liberties will be removed.

9. Insp Gadget

Sadly, each of our Countries has hitched its cart to the wrong horse over there. And so, each of our Countries is seen as the human rights problem in the eyes of most of the area.

I think that we should maintain no alliances whatsoever in that region - our Western civilization can gain nothing from meddling in medieval Mideast matters.

annab2 and Akbloke like this.
  10. Akbloke

Neo - it is a very tragic event regardless of where you live: Manchester, Brussells, Paris, Germany, Lyon....Sydney. But all of these places are "civilized" that have opened their hearts and borders to refugees of the countries that cannot understand the meaning of "Democracy" and this is the sort of "thanks" that they give. Because of "Brexit" the Brits will soon be able to get far more control of their borders. This last 'Bomber' came BACK into the UK via Germany which has wide open borders, and therefore less control.

My country is the "Lucky Country" and our magnificent wide brown land has a good sized "Moat" that is well defended. We are lucky that geography has done that for us. But because we also stand shoulder-to shoulder with those that hold the value of democracy and freedom of speech precious, we are also a target of those that do not understand and are at least 600 years behind us - it is after all nearly the year 1440....in Islam.

annab2 and Neophyte like this.
  11. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I was just saying that the leaders are afraid to act because they may violate someones civil liberties and rights, but by not acting quickly, they are guaranteeing that everyone loses their rights.

I sort of put the Muslims at about where Christians were about 400 years ago. But I don't think we can wait 400 years for the Muslims to get their religion in order.

Insp Gadget and annab2 like this.
  12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Actually they won't, at least not without some very major changes which may well be virtually impossible to implement.
    "Brexit", the UK is no longer in the EU, all will be well. Not so fast.
    Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, that's why its called the UK - the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". The Republic of Ireland is in the EU, and will stay there. There is no border between the Republic and NI, you can walk across it, drive across it - its just a roadsign. So if you are in the EU, fly to Dublin, drive to Belfast, fly to London. No customs, no questions. "Brexit" won't stop anybody.
    And don't even think about pulling a Trump and building a wall between the North and the South. You'll start a war.

Gracui and annab2 like this.
  13. annab2

Supposedly, this all is related to mono theology, as each of these major religions is well rooted,​
    in that story of imminent creation!​
    Astrozoarism is credited with the birth of all monotheistic worship,
    which has spawned into the timeline of religious acceptance.
    for
    Judaism, Christianity, Islamism.
    Oddly enough, the connections are unrefutable!
    There is no real basis of non-clarity or even hostile thoughts!
    It all boils down to this, each religion believing that their version of
    GOD
    is better than your version!
    *Most everything else is similar, even the dietary restrictions.
    So, there you have it, from a single shared God, and Divinities,
    Shared Patriarchs, Revered Prophets, and Holy shrines, and the Holy places
    all of it, set into the Middle-Eastern countryside with ancient cities,
    in a place called the "Holy Land!"
    So much non-acceptance and hate!
    Mankind was meant to be imperfect, we have too many
    Hall Monitors, as it is!

*These restrictions are outlined within each religion texts.​

pussycat likes this.
  14. pussycat

This was posted on instagram by Ariana Grande yesterday

(I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it here) 18646328_1692853310726251_4616407153853333504_n.jpg

15. annab2

I have read it, and I don't see very much wrong with it, in fact, her donating monies in advance, for her as yet unscheduled Benefit Concert, is commendable. Personally, I do not go in for celebrities doing Activist venues, but not in this case. Using one's celebrity status for a political soapbox is wrong, no matter who is the celebrity! :)

16. Insp Gadget

To be fair, I think it should be noted that the Christian and Muslim cultures are not the only cultures engaged in this conflict.

And any freshman physics nerd can tell you how thorny the 'three-body problem' can be. So being Christian myself, I would prefer that we step away and reduce it to a two-body problem. And let those two ancient adversaries 'grow up' and solve their own problems - good grief, it's not like they haven't had sufficient time.

It is a 'sensitive' issue to discuss, I know - but until we take notice of this fact, see the 'elephant in the room', I cannot imagine how a solution can ever be attained.

Neophyte and Akbloke like this.
  17. pussycat

I feel for the victims, and I feel for Manchester, but I personally feel for Ariana also. It was her venue, her celebrity status, that drew these animals to target the young and innocent (and mostly female - that point should not be overlooked). They used Ariana as bait. I can't imagine how she must feel.

Akbloke and annab2 like this.
  18. annab2

I'm sorry, pussycat! I guess that I didn't realize, the connection to the backstory of her other show! Now, I can see the sense of it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.