1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. john133

john133 Account Deleted

2. john133

john133 Account Deleted

@oldman681

Hey was genuinely curious to see your reaction to these vids.

3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

There are many examples of how the World Leaders thought Obama was a joke. Like when Obama said he was drawing a Red Line in Syria but the Syrian leader just ignored it. Or when the Ukrainians were begging for equipment to defend themselves from Russia, but Obama ignored then and the Russian invaded and took over the Crimean Peninsula. Or the Chinese militarizing several islands in the South China Sea and Obama did nothing, the Chinese was so impressed by Obama's timidness that they didn't even bother to roll up debarking stairs or the Red Carpet. Everyone at the Paris accords clapped for Obama because they found a patsy to pay for all Climate Change measures. All the things they did pale to the fact that these World Leaders were trying to change the United States and under Obama they believed that they could do it. The reason they hate Trump is that with him in power the rest of the world is being changed by the United States. So they were laughing at Obama because he was so weak that they could get away with doing anything. They hate Trump because they can no longer sponge off of the United States and he is holding them accountable. Oh when Trump went to China, they brought up a decorated gantry, rolled out the Red Carpet and had two lines of Honor Guards.

oldman681 likes this.
  4. john133

john133 Account Deleted

I think China taking a shine to Trump isn't an indication he's the best kind of person.
    People find it bizarre that an openly racist and sexist man could become president of the United States. His followers believe everything he says. He takes credit for Obama's successes and would strip millions of Americans health care and give tax breaks to the super rich. I think the fact that a right wing, Christian, racist, sexist, has so much power with nothing to stop him is the problem others have. You know he doesn't believe in climate change and is hiring like minded folk to positions of power. 2018 and the president of the United States doesn't believe in climate change. That's crazy. He'll soon be remembered as the president who tweeted the dumbest things from his toilet.
    Your other choice was Hillary. Not really good but way less embarrassing to the USA.

5. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Going to have to jump in here on something. The affordable healthcare act! That was a total crock of carp!!! I spent the better part of fifteen years as full time caregiver for family. I could not have a job because there was no way to leave three people alone that could not care for themselves. Let me tell you about your affordable health care. I was expected to find some kind of insurance or PAY a fine for each month I didn’t. Now I want you to explain to me how that is any way affordable of fair for that matter??? Not only that any and all policies I looked at were outrageously priced with from my experience watching other people’s rates expected to almost double each year. So now explain to me about affordable health care!!!!!!

TriadSibling likes this.
  6. john133

john133 Account Deleted

You in a red state or a blue state?

7. Neophyte

Do you know that when the Affordable Care Act was implemented that 17 million people lost their healthcare insurance. They had to scrabble to get new insurance. So much for if you like your insurance you can keep it.

itshot, oldman681 and TriadSibling like this.
  8. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

9. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

10. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

11. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

12. john133

john133 Account Deleted

That really is a shame. Probably no way to change Americas health without hurting people initially.

I ask as many republican governors refused to expand medicaid in their states. Which meant the ACA did harm in these states and benefited blue states more and left billions that could of been spent on red states wasted. This hurt right wing voters in right wing states making them angry and thinking the ACA as a complete failure and making things like Trumps repeal and replace gain traction. Had these governors expanded medicaid things would have been different. Not perfect, but different.
    The general opinion was that republicans should have worked with democrats to make ACA better rather than trying to destroy it. Now republicans will undo the steps made by ACA that were getting America closer to having health care more like it's first world neighbours.

Anyway, I'm sure in this lifetime, America will do what almost every other developed country has done and make health care free. Republicans are biased to think that's a bad thing for some reason.

@Amanda out of interest. What's the gay, female, Trump supporting experience like?

13. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

And if the ACA had been a good program, it would have accounted for that, rather than penalizing people for something beyond their control.

14. Neophyte

Many Republican Governors refused to expand their Medicaid because they did the math. The cost of giving all their citizens free healthcare would bankrupt their economy. The only way that such a system can be maintained is to increase taxes and reduce benefits. So if they did as the Democrats wanted they would ruin their economy. Giving unlimited healthcare for free to everybody would cost more in taxes than all the people make.

15. john133

john133 Account Deleted

Like I said it wasn't near perfect but should have been worked on by both parties rather than getting slowly dismantled by Trump and co.

I'm not an expert at all lol but I truly think this is a bias right winged Americans seem to have. You're one of the last of the developed nations to not have free health care. Other countries aren't richer than you, or more or less developed than you, they just have the system and it works. Paying for every childs education and every persons health with taxes isn't as bad as Americans seem to think.

If Trump wants America to be great he should get the country on that list. It's life saving it. It saves peoples financial situations. I know people who've had cancer removal operations, heart surgery amongst other things. Not rich people. They would be ruined had they not been in a country with universal health care.

TriadSibling likes this.
  16. Neophyte

Those other countries mitigate the cost by increasing their taxes and reducing the benefits. They reduce the benefits by increasing the wait time to get care, restrict treatments to the more affordable ones, they do less testing to determine what may be the cause, or just restrict the number of treatments you can get. When people in those countries need top quality healthcare, those that can afford it travel to the United States, there is a reason they do that. Unlimited and unrestricted free healthcare is unaffordable, it can't be done.

oldman681 likes this.
  17. oldman681

oldman681 Trusted.Member

If their parents would stop breaking our laws they would not be in this position . Illegally crossing our border is a CRIME , they are criminals , if you rob a bank with your kid with you they would take your kid away too .

18. john133

john133 Account Deleted

Being in one of those countries I have to say what you seem to be getting about free health care countries is greatly exaggerated and not all true. And I'm sure I saw a true statistic that showed the US has the worse care at most spending compared to all the free health care countries but I can' recall the link. Don'know about the US but we even get dental and eye check ups just to see if we have a problem.
    We're fighting our government to stop them from turning our health care into yours.

Yes, we agree. The circumstances for their crossing the border is a problem.
    It is a criminal misdemeanor to illegally cross the border. However, what would happen before is those detained would only be arrested and charged if they were discovered to already have some kind of criminal record. Those caught illegally crossing with no violent crime record or felonies would be deferred for deportation proceedings, a civil court matter that became known as "catch and release." The onus would then be on them to show up for court.
    What Trump and his cronies have done is make it their policy (zero tolerance) to file criminal misdemeanor charges against all people caught illegally crossing the border, even those seeking asylum and/or those with no previous criminal record. That allows them to be arrested and separated from their children.

This new executive order basically says they will continue filing criminal charges against all illegal border crossings but families will be kept together during detention. However this creates more problems because they aren't supposed to detain children for more than about 20 days, and Trump is trying to deflect blame on Democrats for his administration's policies and pass the buck to Congress to fix problems that his administration created.

Some of these kids will never see their parents again. And that isn't a punishment for crossing a border to seek asylum.

19. Neophyte

One question, do your leaders and high ranking officials use the same healthcare system as your ordinary citizens?

On your second issue, it is not the job of the U.S. President to fix the immigration system. That is the job of Congress. What Trump is saying is that this is Congresses job and Congress needs to fix it. Having the President fix immigration is like having the police fight fires instead of the firemen.

The Democrats are to blame because it is in their best interest to keep immigration broken. U.S. Citizens are turning away from the Democratic Party so the Democrats believe that if they can bring in a bunch of illegal immigrants, the illegals can be bribed to vote for the Democrats, thereby making up for their lost votes by the citizens.

20. john133

john133 Account Deleted

I believe most actually use private, and would rather sell off our free health care to private companies for profit. We have our leaders from decades ago to thank for having it today. Back then they had to fight other politicians as well as doctors for it much like you would in america today.

It seems Trump has created this zero tolerance policy causing the issues at the border facilities and is now signing things to make it look like he is stopping it (after having caused it) I guess to support his wall or something. There's a big lie going about that dems opposed to this are for an open border but it's not the case. They are for security too. The issue in this case is the unfair treatment. Even a lot of republicans can't stand behind that level of injustice. I hear the US pulled out of the human rights council last week. Dunno if it's related.
    Trump says big things seeming to demonise non-Americans. He recently tweeted that immigrants were rising the crime in Germany when actually Germany's crime is at an all time low.

Dunno about dems wanting immigrants to vote for them. Seems after the shootings, Trump and this border crisis that young people will fill the lost votes.