1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

One last try to take our 2nd amendment rights?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by longing4sis, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Keene: Arms Treaty Is Obama's Final 'Double Down' Assault on 2nd Amendment
    By Mark Swanson

Former NRA president David Keene says President Barack Obama's submission to the Senate last week of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) is one final message to gun owners in this country.
    "The fact that he set this up last week really is to serve notice on everybody that they intend to double down on their efforts to restrict Second Amendment rights in this country," Keene tells Steve Malzberg on Newsmax TV's "America Talks Live."
    Obama knows it's going to fail — badly — in the Senate, but "decided to give it the old college try," Keene, opinion editor for The Washington Times, also wrote earlier this week.

But just by sending it to the Senate, Obama accomplishes two things, Keene told Malzberg.
    "One, it served notice that the president and his party are doubling down in their belief against all the evidence that a tax on the Second Amendment are actually politically helpful," Keene said. "Secondly, a treaty signed and waiting in the Senate has a perpetual lifespan. It can be brought up any time."
    The UN general assembly adopted ATT — meant to regulate the world's annual exchange of $70 billion in conventional weaponry — in 2013 but it has languished in the State Department.
    Keene highlighted one solution — President-elect Donald Trump could "withdraw the signature" of the U.S. on the treaty.
    "The treaty itself and its impact on American gun rights would still be there but it would be far less threatening than it is if it's hanging over us as something that has been signed and could be ratified," Keene told Malzberg.
    Keene and Malzberg also discussed whether Hillary Clinton would have been able to confiscate weapons had she won the election. Keene dismissed the feasibility of that.
    Former NRA president David Keene says President Barack Obama's submission to the Senate last week of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) is one final message to gun owners in this country.
    "The fact that he set this up last week really is to serve notice on everybody that they intend to double down on their efforts to restrict Second Amendment rights in this country," Keene tells Steve Malzberg on Newsmax TV's "America Talks Live."

See Steve Malzberg on Newsmax TV: Tune in beginning at Noon EDT to see "America Talks Live" — on FiOS 615, YouTube Livestream, Newsmax TV App from any smartphone, NewsmaxTV.com, Roku, Amazon Fire — More Systems Here
    Obama knows it's going to fail — badly — in the Senate, but "decided to give it the old college try," Keene, opinion editor for The Washington Times, also wrote earlier this week.

But just by sending it to the Senate, Obama accomplishes two things, Keene told Malzberg.
    "One, it served notice that the president and his party are doubling down in their belief against all the evidence that a tax on the Second Amendment are actually politically helpful," Keene said. "Secondly, a treaty signed and waiting in the Senate has a perpetual lifespan. It can be brought up any time."

The UN general assembly adopted ATT — meant to regulate the world's annual exchange of $70 billion in conventional weaponry — in 2013 but it has languished in the State Department.
    Keene highlighted one solution — President-elect Donald Trump could "withdraw the signature" of the U.S. on the treaty.
    "The treaty itself and its impact on American gun rights would still be there but it would be far less threatening than it is if it's hanging over us as something that has been signed and could be ratified," Keene told Malzberg.
    Keene and Malzberg also discussed whether Hillary Clinton would have been able to confiscate weapons had she won the election. Keene dismissed the feasibility of that.

"There's no question that she would've appointed a Supreme Court majority which would have eviscerated the Second Amendment by reversing the Heller decision," Keene said.
    "What that would have meant was that the question of whether Americans could possess firearms was no longer a constitutional right but a policy decision. In order to actually confiscate guns, she would then have to get the Congress to go along with this and a lot of other things which would be unlikely to happen."
    Now if you want to see the video then you can go here to see it; http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/barack-obama-arms-trade-treaty-guns-senate/2016/12/14/id/763962/

2. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

What a good for nothing fuckwad Obama is! He is trying to create such confusion as to sideline trump into chasing his tail so he can't go directly to dismantling his legacy so to speak.

3. jfarbbbs21

jfarbbbs21 Trusted Member

2016 still fightin

4. Dogslife4me2003

Dogslife4me2003 Mom's Dirty Panties Are the Best Panties.

Anything that is pushed now will not make it through the house and senate. That said, executive orders would trump that anyway, and the USCOTUS would likely overturn it anyway.

If for nothing else, that is the single reason I voted the way I did in this election cycle. The choices were not good on either main party.

5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

The last part of your first paragraph hits it. The USSC (you melded two acronyms for for it USSC and SCOTUS, USCOTUS would be United Supreme Court of the United States) would overturn. Heller and McDonald.

6. Flipmodes

Flipmodes Trusted Member

Jan 20 is fast approaching people. We'll see how everything plays out.

7. buffyfan

Treaty requires 2/3 of the Senate. That said. Remember that every time Trump says "I will strike and renegotiate that". He needs at least 15 Dems. The Rs lost 2 seats and only have a 2 vote majority. And those 2 are McCain and Graham. Who are not falling totally in line with the "Trump Agenda".

8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

9. o2mero1mer

o2mero1mer Trusted Member

Everything seems to change

10. JDT

JDT New Member

Right now in my state, we have gun shops going out of business, why? I can answer it, but I want your input!

11. Neophyte

That would depend on what state you are from.

12. JDT

JDT New Member

TN

13. JDT

JDT New Member

The patron state of shooting shit.

14. winchester73

winchester73 Trusted.Member

Oh, goodness. A few competent comments in a cloud of angel farts! I bought a $540.00 pistol last year and it cost me $769.00 because I live in California. Just to preface my comments with a sure bet that I am just as pissed off an anybody about the f---g libera gun control sh--t. But this rable rousing thread just seems to miss the point.

Firstly, I am at a loss to understand the "ATT". Treaties are binding documents between exclusive powers. In this case, who is embraced by this treaty. The word, "arms" in a treaty usually refers to viral pyrotechnics used to displace large populations of soldiers; h m m m. Obama is a stone liberal, I have no doubt that there are liberal agendas in his overtly tactical move but I suspect any pain coming from this magical mystical treaty will have infinitely greater consequences than depriving folks of their weapons. Keene has a very slick argument but uses the phrase, "double down" a lot and this article takes joy in repeating this quote. Keep in mind that Keene's job is to draw a line from any political output from a liberal entity to a prospective American shooter. ie: Keene can't keep his job if he cannot convince a few million Americans that something of theirs is in danger. Lastly, I don't think a round of executive apprentis with real nukes is going to do much good about the "treaty of destruction".

A) There was no "double down". This is a gambling phrase from blackjack that means doubling a bet. Thee was no risk at all in Obama's tactic with the treaty. It also paid in full any gun control debts he owed his supporters. I assume sounded bitchin to Keene and he couldn't resist.

B) The treaty move is certainly not the "last" of any attempts on gun control. I've watched this disease spread from my early youth. It began in each city and state the moment citizens gave up their ability to hold perpetrators accountable. Between 1965 and 1975 in California, serious crime escalated to valid profit status. By 1995 it had become "fashionable". Fear became the new political commodity and the liberals own it.

C) The reason gun control won't go away is because no one is fighting it the right way. Notice I used the names of people in my comments instead of organizations or entities. If those American voter forced voter accountability on the donkeys that play with their rights, the fashionable gun control trends would deteriorate. Corporations cannot buy a senator's vote if he is no longer in office. I'm saying that the solution is a single-agenda vendetta throughout the country with a focus on politically hunting down every federal politician that supported existing federal gun control law and runin their careers.

15. Neophyte

I don't know about TN law. I would suspect it is an extension of Federal Democratic Policy.

16. Neophyte

Yesterday there was a shooting in Virginia where several Republican Congressmen and their aides came under fire from a radical liberal democrat. The Republican politicians, speaking on the incident, talked about the well being of the victims and praised the action of the police. The Democratic Governor started talking about gun control. I see a distinct difference in priorities here.

17. buffyfan

As do I. That said. Both sides need to stop doing the following. When it is your guy he is mentally ill nothing more. When it is their guy his political stances matter.

That said. We do have to find a way to stop anyone with mental issues from getting fire arms. because every shooter, regardless of Party, was that. Bat FUCKING SHIT crazy. Don't know how we can do that.

And please dont use the "WELL if people had a gun............". I have had conversations with LEOs more than once about that. In Aurora? A dark theater? Yeah. Person A could have shot him. Then person B thinks A is the shooter and shoots him. Chain it until the last armed person is alive. The guy picking off cops a few months back? THe cops actually said they were glad the Civilians did NOT try to help. It puts more guns that have to be watched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.