1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Okay what is up with California

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by longing4sis, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

What the hell. Why is California making such a big deal about enforcing a already existing immigration law.

Trump calls California 'out of control,' says withholding federal funds 'would be a weapon' against sanctuary cities
    Michael A. Memoli

Declaring California to be “out of control,” President Trump threatened to withhold federal funding to the state if it votes to declare itself a sanctuary state.
    A state Senate committee on Tuesday approved a bill from State Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León that would prohibit state and local law enforcement agencies from using officers or jails to uphold federal immigration laws, effectively a statewide version of so-called sanctuary cities.
    In an interview airing during Fox’s Super Bowl pregame show, Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly asked the president about the plan.
    “I think it’s ridiculous,” Trump said, reiterating his opposition to sanctuary cities, which he said “breed crime.” He signed an executive order in his first week in office that threatened to withhold federal funding for cities that don't cooperate with federal immigration officials.
    “If we have to, we’ll defund," Trump said. "We give tremendous amounts of money to California. California in many ways is out of control, as you know.”
    Trump said it wasn’t his preference to do so, and that states and cities should get money they need “to properly operate.”
    But, “if they’re going to have sanctuary cities, we may have to do that. Certainly that would be a weapon,” he said.

annab2 likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

De Leon is so liberal that Stalin looks conservative by comparison. De Leon has sponsored multiple bills and propositions every year trying to deny the rights to own fire arms in California. He doesn't care if these propositions are legal or constitutional, many of them are not. He is in favor of outright ban on all guns and complete confiscation of any existing guns in the public. If he had his way he would even confiscate guns from the police and other law enforcement officers. He is also for raising taxes, restricting free speech, government control of everything, and banning private ownership of any property.

annab2 likes this.
  3. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

California is crybaby state. We dont know what the fuck we want. From day to day.

annab2 and longing4sis like this.
  4. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Well today I read that the governor had the balls to actually ask for federal assistance with evacuations. Then I also read that Gov. Brown has criticized Trump on many of his initiatives, but at a news conference on Monday he lauded the president’s plan to invest $1 trillion on infrastructure. This guy kind of sounds like a dumb ass.
    I feel for those citizens that are having to be evacuated and I hope that all of them make it out safely but the state government needs to enforce the federal laws that are in place. Maybe instead of penalizing the citizens of the state or cities, the ones that refuse to enforce the laws should be put in jail and striped of there positions. Then a special election can be held for those offices that were filled by an election. Anyway good luck to all of you in California.

annab2 and Princess Amy like this.
  5. Neophyte

Three years ago, Brown passed a proposition in California which appropriated 3 billion dollars to fix the water system in California. To bad he didn't use any of the money to fix the water system in California.
    There is also an 8 billion dollar fund to handle emergencies, I wonder where he spent that money.

annab2 and Princess Amy like this.
  6. winchester73

winchester73 Trusted.Member

I just cannot turn away from this. Your question of what's up with CA strikes home on so many emotional levels that it's actually difficult to think clearly enough to write it down. I have lived in CA since a fourth grader in 1949. I have no clue to what's up in CA. I do, however remember how the "up" of it started and that was when Jerry Brown became governor of CA., the FIRST time. Mr. Brown was the poster boy for the liberal left and when he was elected, every goddamned socially radical Disneyesque liberal program in the Democratic party's castle of billboards became real overnight. Within the first year of the leftist takeover, psychopathic dope fiends needed understanding and realistic, "humane" rehab attention, not accountability and prison. Entire populations of non-black elementary children were loaded onto busses to "Magnet" schools with the identical lack of humanity we always associated with communist bloc countries. Affirmative Action became the real-world measuring stick for academic and professional competence and controlled the face of work populations for over three succeeding decades. The list of radical and violent social damage perpetrated by these liberal super heroes is literally impossible to document because no one was keeping score. Like the rise to power of the German Nazi party, it was inconceivable that we were actually watching the death of our culture. And to prevent the total collapse of the state economy, it became necessary to suck with mighty force upon the federal breast. verily, this is the moment when it became a mortal sin to resist federal aid money for any reason. And as long as the stupid-as, socially humiliating programs stayed live, the sweet flow of federal money never slowed down. No, I have no clue to what's up in a state who's population re-elected a man that engineered the blueprint for its destruction. But I do know it is time to move away. My wife and I are planning to emigrate to Washington state to be with our new granddaughter.

annab2 likes this.
  7. Neophyte

Washington state and Oregon are no better. In some sections even worse than California. The Democrats stay in power by bribing the voters. The bribes are not always direct payment of money, they give other things in place of money, also major portions of the population are really stupid.

annab2 likes this.
  8. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Trusted Member

California is now run by insane statist maniacs. Its worse than you can know. I was born here and have lived to watch it turn into another country all together. Currently, the no longer acknowledge Christopher Columbus. There is a tax soon to go into effect to charge you for drinking water. If they could they'd tax you for the air you breath. Today in Sacramento, the state capitol, the passed an ordinance where by the capitol will control the gang problems and violence by literally paying the gangs, to not shoot things up so much. The illegal alien, and the blatant violent criminal are now officially better treated than a native born citizen. And it only getting worse. It literally is turning into a third world, banana republic style one party dictatorship.

annab2 and Neophyte like this.
  9. Neophyte

Antares, annab2 and TriadSibling like this.
  10. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Yeppers, it only seems to affects/infects/effects/defects the conveniently/overtly/overly socially bent social crusaders!
    For some reason!
    :):confused:o_O:eek:o_O:confused::)

11. Neophyte

I don't know if anyone heard of this or remember this, but Brown's nickname in California was Moonbeam. They called him that because he acted like one of those stereotypical hippies high on whatever drug was in fashion. They use to say what is Gov. Moonbeam doing now.

12. annab2

Yeppers, I remember hearing that name ascribed to him, along with a story, that he was "Hot to Trot" after Linda Ronstadt, lead singer of a Rock 'n Roll group called the "Stone Ponies!" Fortunately, for Miss Ronstadt, it was an unrequited love, as she couldn't stand the Goofball!
    She said that "He made her skin crawl!"
    He was the son of a previous California Governor
    Edmund Gerald (Pat) Brown, Senior 1959-1967
    (Whose chief campaign slogan was)
    "Responsible Liberalism"
    o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
    So, he foisted (insert surreptitiously or without warrant) himself upon, the citizenry of California and proceeded to do, what he could not do, to Miss Ronstadt, by effing over the entire sum total population
    of
    :confused:"California":eek:
    AND
    He is still making people's skin crawl, today!

13. Neophyte

I actually met Moonbeam's mother. She was a very nice person. To bad her son turned out the way he did.

annab2 likes this.
  14. gator2211

gator2211 New Member

Does it really matter what they say they are?

annab2 likes this.
  15. Neophyte

It doesn't matter what they call themselves, what matters is what they do. You should be judged by your actions not your words.

annab2 likes this.
  16. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

The liberals are not really known for action, unless you count protest rallies.

annab2 likes this.
  17. Neophyte

It's was to hi-lite that "Deeds speak louder than words". You can't judge some one by the words they use, the speeches they make. Even starting a protest rally is an action.

annab2 likes this.
  18. annab2

Yeppers, They used to use, the hippie crowd as a buffer to sell illegal drugs! What better place to insulate your anonymity. Now, certain State governments are allowing for medical and recreational usage, even though Federal Statutes, haven't changed any of the laws at that level. Law Enforcement agencies have been told to "Just look the other way!"
    That singular action had repercussions, "Sanctuary Cities" is just one, in the line of traceable off-shutes, that originated with that inaction!

:)Anna

Pssst! Wouldn't it be nice to stamp out the proliferation of illegal drugs! The taxes generated are not enough, compared to the ruination of our society! :mad:

Neophyte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.