1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Keepin' it in the family

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by longing4sis, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Walsh applies to offender registration and violent crime, not AoC.

Child Protect is Commercial Sex in the US or abroad under 18. Or any person under 16, not 18. In addition it added provisions telling police to IMMEDIATELY investigate missing persons 18-21, not wait a few days. In addition to that the "pandering" section was thrown out.

Nowhere in either law did I find a legal definition of 18 in all states. Just 18 for "Prostitution", likely in response to nations in E Europe and Southern Asia who let you sleep with prostitutes as young as 12 or 13.

2. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

I read an article where a foreign married couple tried to enter the US and was denied entry under these two laws because she was under 18. So it seems that they are enforcing it.

The PROTECT Act, §105(a)(c), modified the law establishes an age of consent of 18 for Americans engaging in any sexual encounter outside the USA. Thus, even in places where it is legal and socially acceptable for an adult to date an adolescent, an American doing so is subject to prosecution for it by the US government. There is no exception for marriage, so an American of any age marrying anyone under 18 in another country, even with the blessings of the parents and with a legitimate marriage license from the local jurisdiction, is breaking this law.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Yes. In your post it says, multiple times, outside the US or non citizens denied entry See "bold, italic and underline" in the quote. In the US there is no "Federal Age of Consent of 18" for consenting NON minors as per state law. As long as States have one over 16? It is legal to make it 16, 17, or 18. Protect, as I said above, sets a Federal Minimum of 16. If you cross state lines an 18 attaches too. But there is no 18 rule for US Citizens in the US. Only when they leave the US. This was a response to a huge uptick in Sex Tourism to the newly opened eastern bloc (where nations around the old Slavias had an age of 13 as did many Asian nations). In the US, as long as you do not cross state lines, the state makes the rule. If you cross state lines, again, Protect Items and previous laws trigger.

4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

It seems to me you two guys just agreed with eachother. o_O

From an outside observer, its a bit silly for the US government to tell an American that its illegal to do something in France that he could legally do in Kentucky. Then again, nobody ever said the USA made sense.
    We have a similar, but simpler law, which basically says if its illegal in Canada, its illegal anywhere else (for a Canadian). It was enacted to stop people from going to Thailand to have sex with children, but of course they've been trying to apply it to other things that were never intended.

Insp Gadget and Antares like this.
  5. Sifjaspell

Sifjaspell Happily Married Incest Daddy

6. markieboy

markieboy Trusted Member

Some of these are a real stretch. Yes the Queen and Prince Phillip are related. Queen Victoria was their Great Great Grandmother, so any relationship is very very distant but given that European Royal Families have such close blood ties are over 1500 years of inter marriage, being related in some way is to be expected.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

And most of the European Royalty all go back a couple of generations before that to the King of Denmark....which is why he is considered the "Grandfather of Europe".

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. pyroboy

pyroboy Trusted Member

Religion that's really the reason for most crazy laws and rules

Sifjaspell, Akbloke, Brutus58 and 2 others like this.
  9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

All anyone has to do is look at paintings of the Hamsburgs. After generations of keeping the dynasty "in the family", they all looked like the north end of a south bound mule. UGLY AS ALL HELL!

10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

All these laws were passed in a feeble attempt to "protect the children". Manson had a normal upbringing. Bundy had a normal upbringing. Dahmer had a normal upbringing. Yet, there are children brought up in the most terrible of situations that turned out to be great. Is it genetics or environment? Nature vs. nurture? Children brought up in loving, careing, nurturing environment are less likely to be basket cases. Still you just can't over come bad "wiring" in all cases. This is inspite of all the self proclaimed "protectors" laws, opinions, views and soap box grandstanding. They can"t legislate "bad wireing". Society must srop thinking of incest as a terrible thing and view it as another way of family life. I have met more normal, well grounded and balanced people here than anywhere else!!! Society is doing more damage than good in many situations. Just the rambling thoughts of an old fart. What do you think? Am I crazy or what?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    raven1 and Insp Gadget like this.
  11. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Methinks Brutus, that these laws were in fact passed in a feeble attempt to 'discourage nationalism'.

This is a dangerous topic nowadays, I know, but it continues to be the 'elephant in the room'. There is a very fine line between love for our own kind, and love for our own kin. And I think that we should not be surprised when one leads to the other.

So (and not meaning to distract from your your well-put thought, but rather to encourage it) - Should a nationalist be more inclined towards incest ?

My view is 'obviously' and in fact that's why I'm here. What is your view ?

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I do believe you have a point. All I've heard from politicians these days is "new world order". For whom? Certainly not for my family or myself. Nor for any of the other "minions" that toil and pay ever increasing taxes. Just attend a town hall meeting and ask a non-preapproved question or be critical of an elected official - go strait to jail, do not collect 200 dollars.

Something tells me this most likely belongs in the political forum. Or maybe not.

I do believe that incest between adult parents and their adult children, in New York State is considered child abuse. The rationale is that the parent still has emotional/psychological power over the adult child. Parent will be arrested as the offender and the adult child will be viewed as the victim. Consent means nothing. What the hell ever happened to plain old common sense? By the way, sex between siblings, both are arrested. If I am wrong, please enlighten me.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  13. Insp Gadget

My dear southeast neighbour (upon whose Fifth Avenue I have frivolously spent lots of the money I earned in Alberta oilfields :) ) I must say that our laws suck - and you have so many of them that they trip over each other. And so do ours.

So we need to look at where these silly laws came from in the first place - and as far as I can tell ours came from England and yours are from Israel. So apparently mine are from some out-dated notion of 'When England Ruled the World' and yours from some other fantasy called 'The Old Testament'.

You write well, sir - what's your School ? Methinks that we could have good exchange.

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

My bi F family has stayed "under the radar" for decades. With the rising influence of LGBTQ the 'authorities' in many (not all) U.S. states don't bother persons claiming to be LBGTQ anymore. That being said, it's always best to not freak out parents who believe and want to believe their little Muffy is a soccer star who is fixated on boyz when little Muffy likes and wants sex from girlz and wymyn.

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  15. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

The Media are the WORST. Always with scare stories and going after people for being human. If it's not Trump the Media go after it's a 20-something local high school soccer coach who one of the soccer team has a crush on, whether that even goes on to being a sexual relationship. Suburban cops are the second worst, totally bored and looking for human behavior to criminalize. As a nation we are all living in a huge high school on its way to becoming a huge middle school.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Oh, so right you are!!! What part of the U.S.A. Are you from? Just curious. I'm from New York State, as far from NYC as possible. (almost) Have a great day

Insp Gadget likes this.
  17. Insp Gadget

Okay folks, but we're dancing around the issue ....

Incest is the purest form of nationalism, plain and simple. Keep it in the family.

And who doesn't like nationalism ? The folks who either envy our values and rant against them, or slyly infiltrate our legal systems and media to promote their own agendas.

We all know who we're talking about here, folks - but we're just too politically polite to say so.

18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I thank you for the compliment. Not sure it is deserved. Just ask any of my professors or former bosses (bosses have MD after their names). I was born and raised in Western NY, Erie county. Attended local colleges and State University of NY. Two bachelor degrees and a masters. I guess you could call me a "well educated bum" now that I'm retired. Profession is nurse that is trained in anesthesia. The old joke is - "I pass gas and get paid for it". At least the patients found it funny.

Akbloke and Insp Gadget like this.
  19. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

East Coast of USA. Continuous upscale suburbs and an increased educated and active LGBTQ population keep us off the Authorities' radar, although we don't have anything to do with the LGBTQ religion.

20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I did not know that LBGTQ was a religion. Thanks for the update. What does the Q stand for? And I read from your profile you are expecting, CONGRATS,!! Would have loved to have children with my sister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.