1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Just a quick rant!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Zarp, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Liberals are arguing over what rights the immigrants are loosing or have had trampled on here the last couple of days. What I want to fucking know is why are they so damned concerned with the rights of people who for the most part are here illegally but yet as a whole we can't even agree on what rights we have ourselves!!

Liberals want us to honor their rights as whole, which I do btw but yet are driven to ignore or try to abolish some of those I choose to believe in. You can't have your damn cake and eat it too. Our bill of rights is pretty damn clear. Read it and then tell me you will agree to uphold my rights that I believe in even if you disagree personally with them. Because I will argue and fight for you to have the right protest, and assemble peacefully even if I totally disagree what you are saying!

Back to the protest about immigration. This country has always had pretty strict immigration rules and laws. Now before you tell me otherwise go give yourself a history lesson. Don't watch the news don't ask a friend. What I want you to do is look up Ellis Island and what it's purposed served in history!

longing4sis and StrengthenRoots like this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Here is my two cents. As long as you dont think those rights are for OTHERS to live by your "Morality Preferences"? Sure. Let me clarify. The fact you disagree with Abortion or Gay Marriage or smoking pot (not saying you do or dont, just a few examples) does not mean that should be law. Any law lessening other people's rights should not be law unless there is a DAMNED good reason. And good reasons are not "Morals!" or "Tradition" or "How I was raised". Those are reasons to not participate in that. Not ban others because of some imagined "religion being supressed by me having to SEE IT". I am a Dem who owns a shit ton of guns and employs the majority of a small town.

As to strict immigration? People came in through the "Wild West" the same as they do over the border, and it was harder to patrol on horses. Remember. Yes Ellis, the right way, was strict. Now. All you had to do was land in Cuba instead, or Mexico. Or just take a side boat off a ship and land on a NC beach and not NY harbor. There was illegal then too.

StrengthenRoots and Zarp like this.
  3. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Ok, first thing. Immigration, I have no problems with someone wanting to come to this country to better themselves or their family. I don't care where you are from as long as you do it the right way. Try to become legal, learn English at least enough to communicate and follow the laws of the country and state. buffyfan you are correct that coming in across the border has always been hard to stop. The point of my post on that was some people now seem to think that we should just allow anyone and everyone to come into the country and that Trump is imposing some new form of racism because he more or less wants things to return to the older style of immigration. I don't know why they think his idea about that is so crazy. Our immigration laws have always been such.

Now on to the other part of my post. NO I do not now nor have I ever believed that just because I believe one way that others should also. Just using the second amendment as a talking point because it seems to always be one of the most hotly debated ones. I myself am a firm believer in the right to arm myself, however if anyone else decides that they believe they don't want anything to do with guns then that also is their right. What makes me so mad is that there are people out there that think I shouldn't do this because they don't agree with it. Yet those same people expect me to stand up to every right they believe in. What they don't understand is that I do believe in and will gladly stand up for these rights! All they seem to want to say and see is that because I disagree with them I am totally against them which I am not.

As for you being a democrat, I could care less about that. What I care about is all of us at least trying to see the other sides point of view without getting hateful and violent, which you know does happen! My original post stemmed from just that. I had and hopefully still a good friend who insisted on getting into a political debate with me. When it became apparent that I could never change my viewpoint to match hers it became very heated. No matter what I said or how I tried to say it she pretty much replied the same. That is not true or not the way I see it, to which I replied that's fine. What finally set me off was the talking about rights. All I asked her was if she would fight for my rights they way I would hers. Her reply was only if I agree with them. I told her I didn't agree with most everything she thinks or says but I respect her right to do so then she pretty much just blew up on me about yes you guessed it. The second amendment. So yeah that is pretty much where that post came from yesterday!

buffyfan and StrengthenRoots like this.
  4. StrengthenRoots

StrengthenRoots Trusted Member

As long as you respect the customs and laws of your adoptive nation, you should be allowed to stay. You don't move to another place and expect it to turn into your homeland.

Zarp likes this.
  5. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Agreed StrengthenRoots, problem is some of these folks that have been flooding in are unwilling to do this. They do not and refuse to follow any law but their own. If you come here you should at least become a citizen however.

StrengthenRoots likes this.
  6. DaringPhilosopher

DaringPhilosopher Trusted Member

Consider the circumstances that the populations of various countries experience. Not many people from Syria want to be there right now. We can say the same about countries like Equador. The United States and other western liberal democracies are among the safest countries for such a refugee, even if they sneak in illegally.

Additionally, the immigration system isn't always very forgiving, especially to those coming from danger zones. I don't need to explain the terror people have of Syrian refugees being ISIS zealots in disguise. Thus, we have a very desperate group of people who have no homes, virtually no possessions, and in many cases no families, not all of whom will be able to enter the US legally. For them, however, it is worth the risk.

The concern you are seeing for the rights of immigrants is about human dignity, not about immigrants specifically. These are people who, in many cases, are in very dire straits, experiencing something none of us can comprehend. Compassion is the natural human response. This is why liberals are so concerned with people who are here illegally. No doubt the would much rather be here legally, but, given the circumstances, better here illegally than where they came from. Can you imagine how bad the place they left behind must be?

If there exists a jewel hidden in the horror of human civilization, then it is the tenderness of human connection and the flourishing of each human life. If our world is too dangerous for compassion, then what exactly are we protecting from the Bad Guys

7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

A lot of people here are talking about morality, compassion, dignity, and humanity, but there is no mention of survival. Not survival of the illegal immigrants or refuges but survival of the country that the illegal immigrants and refuges are going to. Currently one of the countries they are trying to go to is the United States. I like to think of this situation in these terms. The citizens of the United States are mostly settlers and the illegal immigrants and refuges are nomads. Settlers will build and develop where they are to make it more livable and sustainable for continuous habitation. Nomads will go to a more hospitable location and use up the resources at which time they move to the next hospitable area. It doesn't matter if the nomads are peaceful and productive, they are there to use up the resources. It doesn't matter if the condition of the place the nomads are leaving was their doing or not, they let it happen. If the nomads don't change to become settlers then where ever they go to will suffer the same fate.

So the survival of the United States is at stake. The only way the the U.S. can survive is to change the nomads into settlers or stop the nomads from coming here. Intent doesn't matter, whether the illegal immigrants or refuges intend to destroy the U.S. doesn't matter, If they are not stopped or changed, the U.S. will be destroyed.

8. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

You rant i don't believe it. You're one of the nicest people on here.

9. Neophyte

crazy-42.gif I'd like to think of myself as a nice person. After all "You can catch more files with honey than with vinegar." I'd like to, but I'm more of a practical person. I set a goal determine a course of action which will achieve the desired effect in the most efficient way possible.

10. Princess Amy

Me im a agent of chaos.A necessary evil.

11. Neophyte

12. Princess Amy

America needs to wake up before it's too late. But it has to learn the hard way. Just look at my Germany women and children being rape and killed. People being beat the fuck up stores being robbed. You cant even go to some places now if your white.This is what is going to happen here if people dont get there heads out there ass's.

Amy

longing4sis, Zarp and Neophyte like this.
  13. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

It is already happening in some places Princess. All one needs to do is a quick Google Search. I will not post anything that they will find as sometimes reading for ones self will yield more insight than if an opposing view is stated by what is considered a hostile viewpoint.
    However I do 100% agree with you. As I stated in my original post I have never had a problem with anyone wanting to come into this country as long as they are at least trying to become legal and are willing follow our laws!

14. Princess Amy

I totally agree with you but enough is a enough.

longing4sis and Zarp like this.
  15. Lustingmom1

Lustingmom1 I love my son and daughter

As one Dixiecrat once said "Let the southern hunters know they taste like chicken, that will solve the problem" :)

16. Neophyte

According to the Liberals, Muslims are not a problem in Sweden.

17. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

The term "illegal immigrants" is a misnomer.

"Hostile invaders" is more accurate.

18. o2mero1mer

o2mero1mer Trusted Member

Migrants are the ones who build the country

19. Neophyte

Immigrants are not the problem, the problem are illegal immigrants.

20. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Maybe so but that does not make it right for them to be here illegally. I all so think that the individuals and companies that employ these illegal immigrants should be heavily fined and there should be prison time too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.