1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Julian Assange.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by curiousFred, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree. Disdain would have been more appropriate.

2. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

No it wouldn't. Disdain implies that I consider something unworthy of my attention. If that were the case I wouldn't bother commenting at all.
    I have a degree of distaste for all governments, all countries, all societies. Nobody is without fault, nobody is perfect, and nobody should be immune from honest criticism or comment. And I don't single out the USA as a primary target, I'm an equal opportunity critic.
    But it seems Americans, who are happy enough to criticize, debase and ridicule anyone else they choose, just can't tolerate any comments from outside that they deem "un-american". Now, maybe some Americans feel that they are the chosen ones and therefore above all the rest of us, but you might want to step back and consider that the "rest of us" didn't put you on a pedestal. That's a purely domestic delusion.
    I don't "hate" the USA, that's absurd. I don't like your government. So what, I don't like mine either. And like you, and everyone else here, I have every right to state my opinion.
    And if it bothers you that much, you have every right to ignore it.

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Of course you have the right. In the USA that's our 1st Amendment to our constitution.
    My main point is that Assange published security information that put a lot of people in harm's way by
    informing everyone, including those who do actually hate the USA, of our operatives who are protecting
    us ( and you, etal ) from muslim and other terrorists by exposing and stopping their attacks before they
    are carried out.

Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  4. pussycat

You either believe in the principles of the "first amendment" or you don't. It appears that I do, and you don't.
    If it were not for the right to freedom of speech and expression, you would not be here.
    There would not be a "here".

Brutus58, Akbloke and curiousFred like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Yeh, I tripped myself up there, trying to be clever. All I was trying to say is that we're all under-achieving.

The Brits need to solve their own issues - they don't rule the waves anymore. And sadly, the once-mighty USA sure ain't what she used to be.

Canada ? Realistically, who cares ? We can't hope to be taken seriously on the World stage in the limp state we're in.

( And if nationalists weren't the most despised species on the planet, perhaps one might be forgiven one forbidden thought - that they might have the right idea. )

Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  6. pussycat

Not to worry, I knew what you meant. And I agree with you.

Brutus58, Insp Gadget and curiousFred like this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yes I do believe in the 1st!
    Just like though it doesn't give you the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theater if there isn't a fire, it doesn't
    give you the right to publish secrets that affect national security.

By the way you seem to look at it, publishing information that gives your enemies the ability to kill your agents
    or the public is ok since it's everyone's "right" to publish whatever they want without legal ramifications.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Insp Gadget

Weakness at Work ...

[​IMG]

Brutus58, Godfrey R. and curiousFred like this.
  9. Godfrey R.

Godfrey R. Trusted.Member

You will all be interested/pleased/relieved/upset to know that dear Julian Assange was this week sentenced at Southwark Crown Court to fifty weeks imprisonment for jumping bail on the sex-offence charges.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  10. pussycat

In other words, they bought themselves 50 weeks to decide what to do with him.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  11. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

You are coorect

12. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

If he ends up in America, he will get 30 years just like Chelsea Mannings, who will pardon the stupid fucker ?

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Obama

14. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Obama cannot pardon anyone now, I believe.

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You are correct. What I should have said was "Obama would have if still president". I believe Clinton would have also. And that crazy AOC would too.

16. Godfrey R.

Godfrey R. Trusted.Member

At the end of his sentence I believe he will be extradited to the United States just in time to assist President Trump in his 2020 campaign to secure the Presidency. The information to which he has access regarding the Democrats will be invaluable. They have spent the last three years trying to smear Trump. I think that soon it will be their turn.

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Working theory on this one is that he does not understand the US LEOs cant go to England and arrest him. It has to go Local LEOs, extradite.

18. Exelbirth

Exelbirth Trusted Member

I'd just like to point out quick that Clinton advocated assassinating him. Kinda the extreme opposite of a pardon I think.

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Which one? The serial rapist or the one protecting him?

20. Insp Gadget

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.