1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Interesting discovery.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by curiousFred, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Never thought of getting into U.S. politics, we have our own venal, lying scumbag pollies here in Oz.
    But by some quirk I found Trey Gowder, an ex Congressman, what a fascinating character,
    a man with the mind of a steel trap, I followed him for several days, he made many unfortunates squirm
    seeing their lies and incompetence' exposed to all.
    What are your thoughts on the man ?

Danny Boy 1966 likes this.
  2. Danny Boy 1966

Danny Boy 1966 Trusted.Member

I like the guy, They should turn him loose on the whole corrupt establishment, and let him clean house. He's not my Congressman but I was saddened to see him retire, but hey I'm one who thinks they all should only get 2 or 3 terms in office. The longer one is in office the easier it is for them to become corrupted. Nobody has to look any farther than California, Chicago, Detroit, and New York to see that.

Hamhanded and Brutus58 like this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I agree with a three term limit. Them no other elected position or position as a lobbyist. Let them go back to their real job prior to being an elected official.

Danny Boy 1966 and Akbloke like this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Never heard of him.

5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean Trey Gowdy?

Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  6. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Yes, sorry I got the name wrong, old age/senility creeping up on me.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

He is a very interesting politician. He's a lawyer and often sites his experiences in the courts when talking in Congress. His southern accent reminds me of those southern country lawyers, you see on tv and in the movies, the ones that are really smart but others think he's just a know nothing bumpkin. He often surprises his opponents because they underestimate him.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Lol, he comes by the accent honestly, he is from South Carolina.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.