1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Incest and Nationalism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Insp Gadget, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

It is this person's opinion that the attraction of incest is, apart from the sexual side, an expression of nationalism in its purest form.

Home and heart go together, it would seem. But incest, like nationalism, has for decades been a taboo subject.

Now, I am of course not saying that everyone who loves their country ought to be screwing everyone at family dinners - that just disarranges the tableware (but hey ... ). :)

But what I am saying is that both concepts are built into our natures.

Any thoughts ?

2. Brotherforsis

Brotherforsis Trusted Member

Well I absolutely love my country, proudly displaying that through words and actions. I also love my sister and the incestual relationship we share. Both feelings come to me naturally so I definitely fit your theory

3. amiraj

amiraj Moderator Staff Member

I think you have a point there... Even if a hypothetical one. I consider myself a nationalist & had bit share of family love. And still nurture the dream... both of being actively involved in Nationalism as well as incest.:rolleyes:

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  4. StephenRoussel

StephenRoussel Trusted Member

Well I am certainly no nationalist, hypothetical or otherwise but definitely love my sister.

5. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Being a randy goat has nothing to do with nationality, but a lot with opportunity.
    Just my 2 cents.

6. vjagan

vjagan Trusted.Member

No nation but only incest we must think...

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Doomguy

Doomguy Trusted Member

I live in one of those places where nationalism is on the rise, and judging by what I see and hear around, I have a different opinion. Some ideologists probably approve of incest, I agree it makes sense. But the majority of nationalists simply wants to get rid of those who are different – in their ethnicity, faith or sexual preferences. They would be happy to see incest supporter publicly shamed and beaten. The thinking goes along the way 'if you don't do what we do, you're different'. You approve of something that is not 'normal' in their opinion, and it implies you're suspected. Maybe leftist, liberal, and not really a member of The Nation.

villager and Insp Gadget like this.
  8. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't call that Nationalism, I'd call that totalitarianism.

Nationalism is being portrayed today as some monster in a box, just waiting to come out and eat people, but all it means is that you take pride in your Nation and are loyal to it. People who use the idea of Nationalism to force their beliefs on others is missing the point, and don't care about their country.

In America, Nationalism is being portrayed as being synonymous with any number of horrible ideologies. Now, I have many liberal/leftist friends, and I don't have a problem with liberalism or the Democratic ideology, but people on the left, here, tend to lose their shit when they hear that people want to improve the nation ("Make America great again"). They've taken steps to ensure that Nationalism is seen as a bad thing, and they've attributed racism, sexism, and almost anything else you can think of to it, for that purpose. It makes me sick.

9. Shield Wife

Shield Wife Love is love no mater what shape of form it takes.

What you're talking about sounds more like a case of in group preference then what I would call Nationalism. Unlike incest nationalism has only been a taboo subject for the few decades. Prior to the 1960's Taking pride in your nation, it's accomplishments and achievements was considered the norm. From what I have seen people began to openly speak about incest in a positive light in fiction and movies at about the same time that taking pride in your country began to be frowned upon.

Now I'm not saying that every SJW out there is an uptight prude that would love nothing more then to burn people like me and my family at the stake. But I think a lot of them would. I have found that by an large most people who do have strong intimate family relationships tend to be right leaning libertarians. In fact I strongly suspect that many in the SJW crowd would have no problem with this lifestyle and be actively supporting it if it were practice by non-binary gender fluid members of the LGBTQAI2 community then just a normal family living in the burbs.

D.C. Barnet, EggHead, amiraj and 4 others like this.
  10. Shield Wife

I think you're right on this. Might have to look into this, maybe put out a few feelers to see if the SJW crowd would change it's attitudes about incest if it is practices by the right sort of people.

11. TriadSibling

The thing is, SJW's don't get offended because they're a part of any particular thing or because they care about the perceived issue, they instead tend to be outraged on other people's behalf because they think those people should be outraged by whatever thing it is. They are no more than outrage by proxy. They get offended not because they're legitimately offended, but because they think they should be offended.
    It's really no different than people who laugh at a joke they don't understand, on the sole basis that they know they're supposed to laugh at it. In the case of fighting for causes, however, that tends to do more harm than good. In fact, a lot of people that these SJW's claim to support are actually outraged at them, because SJW's on the whole, are telling people what they should find offensive, when, and why.
    Perfect example of this is when that one girl wore a chinese dress to a dance. SJW's had a field day, and belittled her for "cultural appropriation", while actual chinese individuals saw no harm in the act, and praised the girl for wearing it, because to them that meant she found their culture interesting.

SJW's don't represent anything or anyone, except their own outrage, and they try to use outrage culture to insert themselves into other groups' struggles, and make themselves look like they're doing what's best, when they're only making things worse.
    I would love if incest were more normalized in society, but SJW's aren't the group I would appeal toward that end. They don't represent the majority, they just have the loudest mouths lol.

12. pussycat

pussycat Moderator Staff Member

for the benefit of those who speak English, what the hell is an SJW?

villager likes this.
  13. TriadSibling

Acronym for Social Justice Warrior, although the group is anything but that.

At one time, they were fighting on behalf of people who were mistreated by society in some way, but they quickly became a group that accepts a narrow view of what they think society should be like, often aligning with ideals that single out groups or individuals that they think is doing something wrong. Often resorting to calling people "racist", "sexist", etc for some of the most stupid reasons, such as not agreeing with their viewpoints.
    They've basically become that which they were supposed to fight against, and sadly, these are the same people who get to speak in front of government bodies such as Congress, in hopes to pass laws that would allow them to say whatever they want, but have their critics jailed (not joking, they consider any opposition or criticism to be "harassment"). They've done some serious damage too.

EggHead, amiraj and villager like this.
  14. pussycat

pussycat Moderator Staff Member

The world has always had its share of people who" believe". The only difference now is you might not get burned at the stake for disagreeing.

amiraj, villager and TriadSibling like this.
  15. TriadSibling

Perhaps not in a literal sense, but we're a long way from acceptance of personal opinion. In terms of a social acceptance stance, society has made leaps and bounds in important areas such as group rights, but has back-peddled so much more when it comes to individual rights.

But I digress; the topic is Incest and Nationalism, and I feel I've allowed myself to pull us all away from that, so let's return to the topic at hand.

villager and Shield Wife like this.
  16. Shield Wife

Sorry if I was a bit unclear, I was not appealing to the SJW crowd for support I was pointing out their hypocrisy. That SJWs would be totally against incest unless the right people on the oppression pyramid practiced it.

17. TriadSibling

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood. I should also clarify, I wasn't calling your statement out or anything, rather just stating my view. I'm all for open discussion in all sense of the term.

amiraj and villager like this.
  18. Shield Wife

No worries. :)

TriadSibling likes this.
  19. amiraj

amiraj Moderator Staff Member

Aptly said @TriadSibling . While reading @Doomguy 's comment, my mind was resonating the same thoughts which you have expressed.

Nationalism has been made a monstrous thing by people who actually have selfish motives.

EggHead and TriadSibling like this.
  20. Neophyte

Neophyte Moderator Staff Member

The SJW would support incest only if they were able to exploit the support for their own purposes.

EggHead likes this.