1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Hesitating

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by slisse, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

The Rs control them here. The Federal Court said "Nope!".

That said. I need to bring up the "NYC and Philly to NJ". NYC and Nassau/Suffolk (the eastern subs) are 11/20 of the population. If we include the western subs of Westchester? You just annexed 60+% of the population to NJ. So. 60% of the House members are now NJ members. I see a lot of people say things like that not realizing that the Right will only lose seats. You may not get the Coup of 2 more R senators from NY now. Because results from downstate are not total blue. Figure a 60/40 split. Scchumer did not win big in the downstate and LOSE HUGE upstate. Chucky lost FIVE Counties. And those counties accounted for barely 60 THOUSAND votes total. And he lost by a total of less than 6000 votes total in those. He got 80% of the total votes. As to Philly driving much. Explain how 1.5/12.8 or 11% of that state population is changing much. More likely the other areas are not voting HEAVILY R to begin with. So you wont get the Conservative paradise you assume there either.

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't say that the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals was even remotely conservative. They are so far to the left, the center moderates aren't even in view. How would such a court even consider stopping the Democrats from breaking every law on the books to subjugate California. There is hope for the United States. With Democrats as Schumer, Pelosi, Warren, Clinton and Sanders taking control of the Party, the Republicans are celebrating.

3. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

What pisses me are people like Manchin (D-WVa) who says he could join the Republicans but then votes with the democrats straight down the line every time the prefect example of a RINO in the making if he does switch.

If I were in control I'd say to the likes of MaCain. One more stunt like that and you lose your committee assignment or chairmanship and you can just sit out there assigned to nothing ( a senator without a committee assignment) so your voice will never be heard. You can just there at your historic little desk all day and do nothing.

4. buffyfan

So. I said that Rs control our local courts and state to a point. Not the 9th.

5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

The 9th Circuit Court presides over California.

6. buffyfan

I know. And I actually dislike the 9th. I have argued cases in front of them.

Neophyte likes this.
  7. buffyfan

I propose more. If they are labeled a RINO? They are re-named as (I) and dont count towards control. I ask where in the Founding Docs does it say that "The party you "poll" with is who you are counted with". I should have a tally, D a tally and R a tally.

Antares likes this.
  8. deeretrax

deeretrax Trusted.Member

I have a Sister who feels the same way. I really worry for her because just when there is that "one thing" she thinks will take him down, he just gets back up and keeps moving. Each big disappointment compounding on the next and with each of those she goes absolutely bonkers. Each time worse then the last.

9. Antares

well Sanders does that now anyway (I Vermont) and he caucuses with the democrats and is counted or would be counted if they gained control.

10. buffyfan

I am not arguing that should be allowed either. You are the party you are a member of. For the sake of not having 15 to tally? Any non R or D are I.

11. TokyRose

TokyRose Trusted Member

If the US fires enough missiles to turn N.Korea into a glassy parking lot, that won't do S.Korea a whole lot of good. Indeed, it wont do the whole southern hemisphere a favor!
    I doubt the northern hemisphere would be happy about it, either.

Not that I care, I'm emigrating to the new Mars colony when its up and running !!!

TR

12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Antares was originally from Mars, but he's all right now. Apparently its somewhere in America (or Ireland, I get confused).

13. Antares

So do I and I'm here, wherever here is or I could be there, but I am definitely somewhere. The question is where?

pussycat likes this.
  14. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

If a person says "I'm here (point A) and I want to go there (point B)", then the person standing at point B will reply with "why do you want to go to there, since you're already there".

15. Antares

and the answer is avoid going anywhere and being surrounded by Belgian Monks.

16. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

The question is: "why do you always come to visit us 5 times per day?"

17. pussycat

Go to point B and ask directions to get to point A.

(its good for a laugh)

18. pussycat

[​IMG]

Neophyte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.