1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Hesitating

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by slisse, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Most of Northern California, was originally included within the "Oregon Territory!":)

Neophyte likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

More news from California. California has hit a new high in civic mindedness. Voter registration of all eligible voters has exceeded 120%.

3. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

Legal population of California Voters = 100% + Illegal Mexicans Democrats (10%) + Cemetery Dwellers (10%) = 120%

Seems perfectly ok to me. So where's the problem?

Neophyte likes this.
  4. Antares

The new "I voted sticker" Get yours today for the election tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Mexico the 51st State
    ( proudly voting democrat since 1948)

5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Actually it's more like:
    Legal Democrat voters = 75%​
    Legal Republicans who don't bother voting = -20%​
    Legal Republicans who vote anyway = 5%​
    Illegal Alien Democratic voters = 40%​
    Deceased Democratic voters= 20%​
    Total 120%

Antares and Neophyte like this.
  6. Neophyte

And the Democrats still claim there is no voter fraud in California. :confused:

Antares likes this.
  7. Antares

Gentlemen: Time to MOVE

8. Antares

Since California was once a part of Mexico, why not just give it back to them

It all goes back to 1846.....We had to win the Mexican War back then didn't we?
    And we've been paying for it ever since.:D

9. Neophyte

As far as I know none of our 50 states was taken from Mexico by War. The 4 states that border Mexico, Texas fought for independence and after it seceded from Mexico choose to join the U.S. New Mexico and Arizona was purchased from Mexico, again no war. California, from San Francisco down to San Diego voted to join the U.S., no war involved. I think that Florida was taken from Spain not Mexico, but I could be wrong. History is not my thing. I think California voted to join in 1850.

10. Antares

Texas voted to join the union in 1845 which triggered the Mexican war 46-48. You can see from the map all the territory Mexico lost because of he war (in blue) The only thing purchased was the Gadsden purchase in 1854. California joined in 1850. Florida is a result of the Spanish-American war of 1898.

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/mex-war-map.jpg

http://www.oldmesilla.org/assets/images/gadsden-purchase-map.jpg

11. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

We do not live in a Democracy. We live in a representative republic. They actually only answer to the citizens (barring recall if the state allows) for about 12 hours one Tuesday in November. There are no requirements to let you vote on anything but your Representation.

Interesting fact. The party is not even REQUIRED to give you a primary. Pre 60s they just said "here he is" at the convention in the summer.

12. Antares

And they don't do that very well now do they as they tend to represent the party and not the people.

13. buffyfan

So. I live in "evil Liberal NY". I have been required to show ID since I voted the first time in 1998. Even in a town where everyone knows me.

14. buffyfan

Thank you. Was about to say the same thing.

15. Neophyte

They have tried to vote the Democrats out of office several times. But the Democrats keep changing the rules to stop the people from voting them out. Like Rose Bird, she was the first State Supreme Court Justice to be voted out of office, they hated her so much that they voted two other justices that voted with her out of office. Then The Democrats changed the rules so State Supreme Court Justices can't be voted out any more. Then there is term limits law. The people voted to enforce term limits in California, specifically to get rid of Willy Brown. Willy Brown went before the State Supreme Court and told them if they didn't strike down the term limit law he would make them pay. Then Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer went to the U.S. Supreme Court and had them rule that Federal Politicians are exempt from the term limit law. The Democrats are constantly redrawing district borders to eliminate conservative districts and turn them into liberal districts. The Democrats have control of the State Senate, the State Assembly, the State Supreme Court, the District Courts and most of the state bureaucracies. Also the ballot counting is controlled by the Democrats, even if their candidates lose an election the voters may never know.

Antares likes this.
  16. buffyfan

On the redistricting? The same is done in TX. Just the other way. They chop the large pop cities and add them to wide swaths of Conservative Ranch land. Yes CA, in general, is bad besides that from what you say. But the "redistricting" is done in many states. My own hometown County Government (R) attempted to break a hard blue district that was three towns in whole, into multiple "surrounding" red ones. One was connected by SERIES OF HIGHWAYS that ran through other districts not being connected. To give you an idea, their argument was akin to "well. NYC and Orange County are connected by Highways. Ignore that other districts exist around them. They should be one!".

17. Neophyte

That type of redistricting is illegal, but it seems that no-one is enforcing the law. In California or New York. There is one difference between Texas and California, its that people and companies are leaving California and going to Texas.

18. Antares

I keep hearing that but then the population always stays the same or increasing instead of going down. Wonder where they all work? I know...the state. Or maybe they all work for the democrat party's Geheimen Staatspolizei

Neophyte likes this.
  19. buffyfan

Oh no. The court told them to "F off" pretty clearly on that here.

Neophyte likes this.
  20. Neophyte

They didn't in California, remember the Democrats control the courts here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.