1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Group chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DanEgregious, Jul 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should we create an off-site group chat for members? (trusted members)

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanEgregious

DanEgregious Trusted.Member

So, I had been out of the forum for a long time, I a mean a long time. Almost 4 to 5 years. And I do recall, I may be wrong, there used to be a chat feature on the blog. As in any online member could participate.

Now I notice is no longer there, so I wonder, do you all think we should create a group chat somewhere else? Like Discord, Kik, Snapchat, Wickr, etc.

What do you all think?

2. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

Have a wickr account. Don't know how a group chat would work.

3. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

I think that this may be a subject best discussed in private between members via PM , rather than being a general topic . I do not see this as beneficiary to our site ? Not that I object to the idea . If that is something members want then perhaps we should be offering it . Personally I would rather that you all stay here than go else where to get what you want . But remember if this can be done all the same rules will apply .

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

On-site chat rooms can be a legal complication for the site owner. Unless a moderator was constantly present, the possibility of potentially illegal discussion is too great a risk.

If an individual wants a chat room, It's very easy to simply start your own.

DanEgregious likes this.
  5. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

Thankyou I stand corrected . I completely understand what you are saying . Honestly from my experience from other sites hardly anyone uses them anyway .

6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I would agreee. They seem to get used for about a week and then everyone gives up on them.

7. Danny Boy 1966

Danny Boy 1966 Trusted.Member

I agree with the both of you. I haven't had anything to do with online chat rooms since the days when AOL and Yahoo had them, and they were dropped for basically the same reasons you describe, either non use after a week or two, and the legal reason as well. I don't see any reason for it, just my opinion.

stepdad22 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.