1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Freedom of speech

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by JoshuaMN, Apr 20, 2020.

Tags:
?

How far do you believe freedom of speech should go?

1. No limits

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. some limits

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I wouldn't trust the USA's imported media to honestly deliver the facts we need to make a 'trust/no trust' decision on any other Country.

Dane and JoshuaMN like this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I accept some of what you say. Except China lied to THE WHOLE WORLD!! NOT JUST the USA. If they really have a vaccine, why not share it with the rest of the world? Because they don't have one. Don't you think they would have used it to save their own first? You just can't blame Trump for everything. Obama is not a saint. He did more of what of what Trump is accused of than Trump has done. On Obama's watch guns were sent to drug cartels in Mexico. The program was called "operation fast and furious". Yeah, just like the movie. The same guns then were used to kill and wound border patrol agents and US citizens. Obama never apologized to the families for his own incompetence. He, and then head of the State Dept. - Hillary, thought this would be a great way to get rid of the second amendment. It backfired on them. When the program was exposed, Hillary was moved to another job and Eric Holder moved from his job with DOJ.

As it turns out the COVID-19 on USA soil before all the out breaks occurred. The deaths were just considered to be a bad flu. This happened on the west coast back in January. The warning (from a now missing doctor) from China wasn't until mid to late Feb. The rest of the world suffered too. Can you blame Trump for that? China lied to the world! Are you going to blame Trump? Hundreds of thousands of people died globally. I suppose the Trump haters will blame him for that. I have come to realize that people hate Trump just because he's not Hillary. (And yes she killed the ambassador and staff in Bengazi) All leaders faced the same crisis. They all believed in what WHO had to say. They were all equally duped. People died as a result.

It takes a fair amount of time to develop a vaccine. It CAN NOT BE DONE OVERNIGHT!!!! A new virus means a new vaccine and you have to account for any and all mutations. At last count, I have read there are thirty different mutations of this virus. So, no single vaccine will work. More time to develop vaccines. That's correct, more than one vaccine will be needed. MORE time, more lives lost and of course more expense in terms of money and personal sacrifice.

I voted for Trump BECAUSE he was NOT a Clinton. Anyone who supports and endorses rapists doesn't deserve to hold any public office period!!!

My apologies for rambling and/or if I offended anyone.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    UpNorthChris, Dane and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. se'sxac

se'sxac Account Deleted

For Brutus58

Apologize for what? There are so many yahoos out there extolling the virtues of Trump that I doubt what you said will offend anyone. I'm new here, and I don't know anyone so I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions anyway. But for the record I could care less who you voted for.
    Your ramble was a bit unnecessary however. To quote myself : "All hypothetically speaking, of course."
    I think its safe to assume that we are all aware there is no vaccine.
    I have included some links to the definition of "hypothetically" for your convenience:

In English: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/hypothetically

In American: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothetically

mi'igwech

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Thank you.

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Since you want to quote Merriam-Webster.

* I couldn't care less.*

6. se'sxac

se'sxac Account Deleted

That makes two of us.

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Hey! Talk about vaccines....
    I got a call today about being a guinea pig for a new COVID-19 vaccine.
    Working out details but I'll let you all know if I am approved and the results...….!

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  8. Tasa04

Tasa04 Trusted Member

you can't say freedom of speech have no limits

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.