1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Forum Changes January 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wimale39

Wimale39 Trusted Member

I prefer to read and post when I see fit b.bi don't want to be forced to post just to post to keep status. I doubt people are "contributing" much during these posts. They are just getting their set 10 posts in.... On that note this is post #3 lol

2. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

You had 8 posts as of last August.
    To regain your trusted status you only needed to make two more posts, and wait an hour.

Had you noticed the announcements made in September, October, November, and December you could have made two more posts and your account wouldn't have been demoted. There is also a notice on the forum homepage detailing how to regain your status.

Ideally a change in posting requirements wouldn't have affected existing trusted members.
    But ... the forum software doesn't work that way, it automatically promotes and demotes.

We needed to raise the post requirement because the troublemakers are getting sneakier. It's taking more posts for them to show their real intentions.

Yes it's true that a vast majority, at least 75%, of members will only do what is required to gain access and never post again. Lurkers always outnumber active participants.

ijustwantsomepizza likes this.
  3. Hipswizardo

Hipswizardo Trusted Member

Lost my old content. Thank you for the update

4. LOVEISWAR

LOVEISWAR New Member

ok thx for the information its bad thath i lost my status but its ok

5. Curmudgeon

Make 2 or more posts then wait about an hour for your account to be promoted.

6. Medic450

Medic450 Trusted Member

Yet another sad lurker, getting his 10 posts in. SOrry for having nothing appreciable to add

7. gizsambee

gizsambee Trusted Member

sorry, I'm not very good at being social. I will try harder here, and in the rest of my life. New year new me.

8. doublebubble

doublebubble Trusted Member

At least for me it's beacause I'm used to seeing nonsense text at the top of a lot of websites, so unless there's a direct message I don't really think it's all that worth noticing. Does the program allow for a mass message for noteworthy changes?

9. absole

absole Trusted Member

this 10 post count really does no good...

10. Curmudgeon

Thank you for your comment. Sorry that our change in forum policy disrupted your lurking.
    BTW, you already had 7 posts made in 2016. You only needed to make 3 more posts to get your post count to 10.

11. Curiouso

Curiouso Trusted.Member

Alright, I just gonna try and be more active I guess... Thx for the info

12. Curmudgeon

The change was not intended to prompt trusted members to post more.
    Ideally, the change would not have affected existing trusted members.
    Unfortunately the forum software doesn't work that way.
    Setting a new threshold for new members also affected trusted members with less than ten posts.

13. jefferyb100

jefferyb100 Trusted Member

Noted with thanks

14. Claw75

Claw75 Trusted Member

I have some problems to post new message

15. Curmudgeon

You were able to post this reply. What issue are you seeing?

16. Gopika

Gopika Trusted Member

Self admitted lurker here after my five posts, but I really never had much to offer. But overall glad to see the changes

17. papa1001

papa1001 New Member

Hello. I must have missed some excitement here. I kept getting an incomplete access portal when I attempted to log in. I am GLAD you are keeping a tight reins on things It it is always for the better to occasional

18. Brass

Brass Trusted Member

Thanks

19. xmanx69

xmanx69 Trusted Member

Thanks for the info!

20. JeanDeaux

JeanDeaux Trusted Member

Ty for explaining

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.