1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For shits and giggles...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jerrilynn, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

In favor from me... The AOL CDs are one thing, but good vinyl is becoming rare.

At one time, there wasn't more than a week before we received at least couple of those in the mail. My uncle started using them for shooting practice since he had so many.

And for today's new releases... yeah... it's more gimmick than quality of music in my opinion...

2. neighborson

neighborson Trusted.Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  3. GMFan001

GMFan001 Trusted Member

This reminded me of the Cleveland episode where they start up a beer truck business for people stuck in morning traffic...

[​IMG]

Brutus58, curiousFred, itshot and 3 others like this.
  4. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

5. joep

joep Trusted.Member

6. joep

joep Trusted.Member

7. joep

joep Trusted.Member

8. joep

joep Trusted.Member

9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Because of requests from audiophiles, some vinyls in limited quantity is being produced, so it is possible to get brand new vinyls.

curiousFred likes this.
  10. joep

joep Trusted.Member

11. SecretWishes

Yeah, but the recordings are etched from the digital format... So yeah, no comments from there. I've used to work with a serious audiophile (spent more money on his headphones than his car... don't ask about his home... It was built around his home theater sound system). Small world: He and my brother were friends on the audio circuits (He was a SQ competition enthusiast and my brother was a mobile tuner and dB competitor),

He told me that there are a TON of people who think that the vinyl is better, but like I said, it was created and etched based on the original digital recording. The data rates of digital now exceed the ability of the human brain to process/hear, So going vinyl is more of a... "prestige" or "trophy" piece (hence gimmicky). Any perceived gains in quality are usually psychological.

When you consider the sound balance of the typical "audiophile's" sound system, it's mis-balanced anyways with heavy focus on bass. The primary point of sound quality sound systems is a flawless reproduction of the original song WITHOUT frequency or band peaks.

My brother is better at explaining this... He's the one with a degree in acoustic technologies and sound control... but I've been paying attention... Keeping up is a bit harder to do though. :p

itshot, curiousFred and joep like this.
  12. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

We have lots of Vinyl LPs, but are too lazy to use them.
    Since here is our kind of music on FM all day and night.

SecretWishes likes this.
  13. Charliecbr

Charliecbr My daughter

14. Charliecbr

Charliecbr My daughter

37-finger-twister-panties-adult-humor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
    Brutus58, joep, itshot and 4 others like this.
  15. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

16. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

You would need to go back to the 70's to get vinyl records that were not made from a digital master.

17. SecretWishes

Not necessarily... There has been a comeback in analog recording studios, but due to the "nature" of music tastes, not all music can be originated as analog. I even found one in my (relatively) small city... Or at least they claim they're an analog capable studio...

But that doesn't matter.

Best way I can think of is this: If you hear synthesized elements in the song (sweeping bass for example), then you end up with the digital:analog paradox, but if you have ALL natural elements, then you could take advantage of the analog recordings without the paradox. At that point, it becomes a matter of recording quality at the studio.

18. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

19. joep

joep Trusted.Member

20. joep

joep Trusted.Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.