1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Florida Shooting

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by itshot, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

Fred:
    Now it's being reported there were 4 Sheriff Deputies outside waiting.

It just keeps getting worse.

Toy

2. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t Australia like England in that it you can’t own a defensive gun like a pistol without certain very special circumstances are met?

villager likes this.
  3. incest4life

incest4life Trusted Member

This was my high school the shooting occurred at. It still really hasn't sunk in that my school will forever be associated with the likes of Columbine and Sandy Hook.

4. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Very sorry to hear that! Such a sad and heartbreaking thing to go through.

5. TreeSP

TreeSP New Member

Zarp, I never told you that there must be police everywhere. Since the guns will be in control, you will not be able to protect yourself easily from a guy/woman with a gun. At least it will be once in a while. There are things you can't avoid. Failing machines, asteroids, environmental accidents eg. earthquakes, car crashes (again failing machines), etc. As I stated, in my logic, there will not much criminals left, just not that many.

6. TreeSP

TreeSP New Member

And yeah, there is a solution. Get what we deserve. Leave the people as is to kill themselves or die/fried by earth pollution. As simple as that. We are cancel of our planet and are like cancer cells... dividing fast and growing faster than the planet can handle.

7. darkmaster80

darkmaster80 Trusted Member

One of the reasons to be against gun control is to be able to protect ourselves, because as seen in Florida the police can't always be depended on.Gun free zones are the problem. If an assailant knew there was a decent chance of their would be victims being armed they would be a lot less likely to go in shooting up the place. In this case the one of the main factors was total incompetence of the FBI, and local law enforcement.

TriadSibling, jillicious and Zarp like this.
  8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

9. Penpal_Andrew

Penpal_Andrew Trusted Member

That is insane!

In fact, I think you could easily make a thread of all the insane things coming out of California.

Zarp and villager like this.
  10. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Zarp likes this.
  11. villager

villager Trusted.Member

you have to bend over backward's , while you juggle chain saw's to get a pistol licence .

Zarp likes this.
  12. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Ouch, that isn’t fun then. Thankfully here in my state and the one I previously lived in it isn’t difficult. You go in apply, get fingerprinted, pay your fee wait for what is supposed to be the same background check the police have to pass and then if you pass you go pick up your carry permit.

13. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

I am very surprised but pleased with the government of the state of Florida! Instead of giving into to the knee jerk reactions of the liberal anti gun lobbies they rejected a very hurried so called assault weapons ban submitted and fast tracked into being while also working towards passing a law to allow teachers to be trained and armed! I think this would cut down on quite a bit of the school shooting tragedies we have seen. If they know that someone can shoot back then maybe these sicko’s will think twice!

14. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Just the opposite in California. Our crazy uncle Jerry, the governor, and his cronies quickly passed a law preventing arming teachers. That put a hold on plans by several school districts who were exploring that option.

15. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Yeah, moonbeam is a damn good nickname for that fool! I read that one and wasn’t surprised at all. Read my post in the California needs an enema thread about what I think they are trying to do to California.

16. Curmudgeon

Crazy Uncle Jerry terms out next year.

itshot and Zarp like this.
  17. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

If it were only that simple huh.

18. J Nephew

J Nephew Trusted Member

When he was elected this last time, I couldn't believe he won. I'm 47 and old enough to remember back when he was Governor oh so many years ago and how bad it was then under his rule. I was very young, but old enough to watch the national news at night and be thankful I lived in Florida.

As for the gun laws and calls for new laws and restrictions, I see this all as a very serious effort by the Government officials at nearly every level to pull attention away from themselves and the absolute and blatant failure they are responsible for. As the news comes out, you see more and more how different levels of Government and Law Enforcement failed to perform the duties and responsibilities they are charged with doing by their own mandates.

Locally, and even at a Federal Level, Law Enforcement was aware of this person and what he was doing, wanted to do, and planned on doing. Locally, the shooter was investigated quite a few times for domestic disturbances with violent actions and intent as has been shown on the news by neighbors video recordings made. He was expelled from school and forced to get a certificate instead of diploma for his violent actions at school.

Yet, somehow, it's the NRA's fault.

villager, TriadSibling and Zarp like this.
  19. Curmudgeon

Jerry's father, Edmund G Brown Sr. was also Governor of California.
    During his tenure massive infrastructure and school building projects improved the state.
    Those projects continued when Brown Sr. was succeeded by Ronald Reagan.
    When Reagan was succeeded by Brown Jr. and that's when things started to go to hell.

Zarp likes this.
  20. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Whose going to replace him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.